Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 9:26:52 AM EDT
I subscribe to [url=www.merriamwebster.com]Merriam-Webster's[/url] "Word of the Day."  The word for January 4 was [red][b]Imbroglio[/b][/red]:
imbroglio \im-BROHL-yoh\ (noun)

1 : [red]a confused mass[/red]
2 a : an intricate or complicated situation (as in a drama or novel) b : an acutely painful or embarrassing misunderstanding *c : a violently confused or bitterly complicated altercation : embroilment
View Quote
Just thought y'all would like to know!
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
And here I thought it was Latin for troll.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell, here I was thinking it meant 'Doesn't even acknowledge receipt of Christmas Gift Exchange, just to keep Ol' Hun worrying..'

Or something like that!

Eric The('ConfusedMass'IsJust[u]So[/u]Judgmental!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]

"A cynic is a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." ~ Oscar Wilde.

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hell, here I was thinking it meant 'Doesn't even acknowledge receipt of Christmas Gift Exchange, just to keep Ol' Hun worrying..'

View Quote

Even though I was under great duress, I still managed to email you a thank you card!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Imbroglio IS latin for Troll.  

Don't let the modern English definitions fool you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top