Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 8:36:09 PM EDT
[b]As far as the government is concerned[/b], what is the difference between a gun club (which seems to be ok) and a militia (which seems to be frowned upon)?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
One is guys with government approved sporting firearms engaged in government approved sporting activities at goverment approved locations with all the proper licenses and permits.

The other is a bunch of raving lunatic gun nuts who think they are free and live in a free country. The guys from this group give the guys from the other group a real bad name and endanger the rights of the first group.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What definitition of "Militia" are you asking about?

the Constituional/Founding Father definition?

The US Code definition?

The Media definition?

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
A militia supports the Constitution of the United States of America and believes in modern, semiautomatic firearms with many rounds in a magazine.

A gun club supports the NRA and only believes in guns that you pour the powder in the hole before stuffing a little metal ball down in after it. If you're lucky enough to belong to a "modernized" gun club, they believe in a firearm which is capable of repeating shots after manipulating a heavy, locking device with a protruding arm between each round - but only if you take 20 minutes between each pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A militia supports the Constitution of the United States of America and believes in modern, semiautomatic firearms with many rounds in a magazine.

View Quote

Well now... the Government certainly wouldn't want any of that!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with BenDover, although I might like a select fire

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Nearly all those who belong to gun clubs are members of the Militia, while only a small percentage of the Militia are members of gun clubs.

"As far as the government is concerned"... An Organized Militia is a threat, as it seeks to defend that which the goverment tries to take away.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nearly all those who belong to gun clubs are members of the Militia, while only a small percentage of the Militia are members of gun clubs.
View Quote

I must still be half-asleep. I read this over and over and it still doesn't make sense to me. I'll try again later in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:58:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I must still be half-asleep. I read this over and over and it still doesn't make sense to me. I'll try again later in the morning.
View Quote

LOL

We're [b]all[/b] members of the Militia.  Only [b]some[/b] of us belong to gun clubs.  [:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]
SKS are the weapon of choice in the militia until they can upgrade to a MAK90 or better yet, NHM91.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:17:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SKS are the weapon of choice in the militia until they can upgrade to a MAK90 or better yet, NHM91.
View Quote

Hey, they go bang, are reasonably cheap, and are plenty accurate enough to hit a man at 200 yards.

Whatever works.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Gotta go with your definitions, BenDover.  Were you kidding, SteyrAUG?  That's a pretty depressing take.  Like being "government approved" is something we should all strive for.  I hope you just forgot the smiley.

Quoted:

A gun club supports the NRA and only believes in guns that you pour the powder in the hole before stuffing a little metal ball down in after it. If you're lucky enough to belong to a "modernized" gun club, they believe in a firearm which is capable of repeating shots after manipulating a heavy, locking device with a protruding arm between each round - but only if you take 20 minutes between each pull of the trigger.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

What he said.   Ops
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

LOL

We're [b]all[/b] members of the Militia.  Only [b]some[/b] of us belong to gun clubs.  [:D]
View Quote

Thank you for the clarification...it must've been the early hour that did me in.[:)]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]
From our local paper (Jackson Citizen Patriot)on Sunday:
[url]http://www.mlive.com/news/jacitpat/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/news-3/1041764742162400.xml[/url]

Case fizzles against Parma resident

Sunday, January 5, 2003

By Steven Hepker
Staff Writer

Three months after raid on Parma farm, no charges filed over explosives found, which were obtained legally.
When Bob Bradley died, his wife, Naomi Bradley, buried his ashes on their Parma farm along with his favorite chair, a gun, a lap robe, his jumpsuit, cigars, a lighter, a candy bar and ice cream.
"It was what I wanted to do," she said. "He wanted to be cremated and his ashes buried up on the hill by the old apple tree. I wasn't going to keep them in the house."
A year and a half later, on Oct. 31, authorities forced Naomi Bradley to dig a second hole some 100 feet from the grave site. A former friend tipped off police about a cache of explosives and guns buried on the property.
The contents were mostly Bob's. How they got there is a mystery. Naomi Bradley said she didn't do it.
Police seized enough explosive components to blow up a small house: ammonium nitrate powder, liquid nitromethane, blasting caps and detonating cord, plus two unregistered handguns and an old stun gun. All were in waterproof, airtight tubes.
View Quote

[size=3]Bob Bradley had a federal license to possess and use explosives on his property, and he was a militia member who espoused personal rights and railed against intrusive government -- a red flag for investigators.[/size=3]
View Quote

Naomi Bradley was rousted early on Halloween when officers broke down her door, handcuffed her and pointed a gun at her head, she said. She counted 29 officers.
View Quote

Whether the police response was overkill is moot, he said. As it turned out, a few officers with a warrant and a knock at the door might have been sufficient.
"That is great if you know it is only a little, old lady at home, and she is cooperative," Philipps said. "But you don't know that. I'd suppose I'd rather be safe than sorry."
View Quote

Be careful what you say, a red flag might go up[V]

Rancid Lance
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

hey...........
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah be sure that you dont have a federal license to possess and use explosives on your property. Yep make sure that you NOT doing it PERFECTLY LEGAL or else your really gonna be in deap shit with the feds!

Qestion? Why in the hell do the feds even give out the supposed "federal licenses" in the first place if all their gonna do is fuck up the person later on for supposedly doing somthing illegal? I mean whats the fuckin point? If your gonna fuck em up any which way you can then dont spend the money to give them a damn license in the first place.

I swear our supposed "government" is so fucked up its pathetic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Were you kidding, SteyrAUG?  That's a pretty depressing take.  Like being "government approved" is something we should all strive for.  I hope you just forgot the smiley.

View Quote

Sorry sometimes I slip into "Imbroglio Mode" and the sarcasm becomes less obvious.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#18]
WolfAR15 said:

Yeah be sure that you dont have a federal license to possess and use explosives on your property. Yep make sure that you NOT doing it PERFECTLY LEGAL or else your really gonna be in deap shit with the feds!

Qestion? Why in the hell do the feds even give out the supposed "federal licenses" in the first place if all their gonna do is fuck up the person later on for supposedly doing somthing illegal? I mean whats the fuckin point? If your gonna fuck em up any which way you can then dont spend the money to give them a damn license in the first place.
View Quote

I forgot to mention, when they first busted down the old lady's door, they didn't know that Bob Bradley had a license.

Rancid Lance
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The point is they can collect some money off of you for the licence. Then when they want some more money and/or want to justify their jobs they know where you live so they can easily collect and harass.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

hey...........
View Quote

Uh, present company excluded.[BD]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#21]
It's really easy.

Gun club guys have better quality weaponry, and know how to use it.

Gun club guys, if introduced with a military rank such as colonel,  ACTUALLY HELD that rank at one time.  Their "War Stories" actually happened.

Gun Club guys don't think "bump fire" is an effective infantry technique.

Gun club guys, in general, are not going to have a criminal history.

Gun club guys, especially those into service rifle,  will chew the butt of any militia guys in a straight shooting contest.

Gun club guys,consider 200 yards to be the BEGINNING of serious shooting.

Austin Rifle Club. Where the club will supply you with a battle rifle if you don't have one handy. Gotta love those guys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One is guys with government approved sporting firearms engaged in government approved sporting activities at goverment approved locations with all the proper licenses and permits.

The other is a bunch of raving lunatic gun nuts who think they are free and live in a free country. The guys from this group give the guys from the other group a real bad name and endanger the rights of the first group.
View Quote

Remember, Steyr used to be a gov't thug.
He must have been indoctrinated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top