Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 6:55:14 PM EDT
So my companys work van, just a basic E150 cargo van, got stolen last night out of the lot of work.  We've had it parked there everynight for 5 maybe 6 years, never had a problem.  Now the one weekend we actually need it, the thing gets stolen.  Why would anyone steal and E150, they are pieces of garbage.  I can't see a van being chopped for that many parts.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe somebody wanted to transport a lot of illegal aliens, or maybe some punks in for a joyride.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Maybe somebody wanted to transport a lot of illegal aliens, or maybe some punks in for a joyride.
View Quote

I don't think it was punks on a joyride because there wasn't any glass where it was parked.  My assuption is that it was slim jimed.  I know we locked all the doors cause we had a few tools in there.  Shit happens, but behind our shop there are guys withh caddy's and other expensive stuff just down the block from the store.  It just doesn't make sense to me, oh well nothing I can do now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Criminal mindset:

See shiney thing.
like shiney thing.
take shiney thing.

There is no "master plan". take what is easy to take if you have an opportunity to take it.

It's also possible that they wanted it to commit another crime, and needed cargo space.

It also may be that they took it because most trucks/vans have V-8's with HD accesories, and someone has a Mustang that needs a new engine.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Next payday, make sure and cash your check RIGHT AWAY!! [:)]

Seriously, I hope you guys are not near the Canadian border.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:32:28 AM EDT
[#7]
 Fords are hard to steal. Somethings wrong. Crackhead employee?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Use as a mobile Meth lab?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/shop/tools/img/items/HED14SCO11542.02.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top