Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 6:37:41 PM EDT
I know a person who was very eager to talk to me about this outfit.  I immediately recognized the signs and did some research.  Seems like there are people who don't have nice things to say about this outfit.

Any input?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it's got to be either Frontsight, or Amway.

[:D]

Edited to add smilyface. I don't want to be sued.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
An ex girlfriend of mine did a whole bunch of the landmark classes.  From what she told me about them, they seemed like a waste of money.  She was worried about having an "breakthrough" and shit like that afterword.  After the first class she took from them (it was every night for 5 days I think) she admitted that it wasn't very helpfull (which was rare).  However, she went back and took a few more classes from them.  I'm not sure how she liked em cause I haven't spoke to her in a several months, but just from my outside observation, I would say it is a waste of money and time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What outfit are you talking about ?
View Quote

Landmark Education.

I think they try to drain you out.  She told me the class is like 12hrs long.  At the end they probably try to hit you with more sales pitches and recruiting techniques.

Why the F would a class have to be 12hrs long?  Are you supposed to lose your bearings in that time frame?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, it's got to be either Frontsight, or Amway.

[:D]

Edited to add smilyface. I don't want to be sued.
View Quote

You wouldn't want to leave out EquinoX.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
An ex girlfriend of mine did a whole bunch of the landmark classes.  From what she told me about them, they seemed like a waste of money.  She was worried about having an "breakthrough" and shit like that afterword.  After the first class she took from them (it was every night for 5 days I think) she admitted that it wasn't very helpfull (which was rare).  However, she went back and took a few more classes from them.  I'm not sure how she liked em cause I haven't spoke to her in a several months, but just from my outside observation, I would say it is a waste of money and time.
View Quote

She was pretty hyped up about it too.  Apparently she resolved some things with her mother.  Too bad it had to cost her unknown amounts of $$$$.

I better my friend a call then, I would hate to see good money go to waste on anything other than guns, or watches!  Hope she will listen.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think they try to drain you out.  She told me the class is like 12hrs long.  At the end they probably try to hit you with more sales pitches and recruiting techniques.
View Quote

I think the only reason she took more classes is because her good friend took em, and told her that it would be good for her if she did.  It sounds like a scam to me, but I'm a skeptical guy when it comes to things like this.

[url=http://www.landmarkeducation.com]for those who don't know what we are talking about[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife was watching Law and Order tonight
and its them centered around an outfit like that.
Spooky!
View Quote

Add cult leaders to my list of scumbag professions.  If I could call it that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I think the only reason she took more classes is because her good friend took em, and told her that it would be good for her if she did.  It sounds like a scam to me, but I'm a skeptical guy when it comes to things like this.

[url=http://www.landmarkeducation.com]for those who don't know what we are talking about[/url]
View Quote

I don't know who got her sucked into this but she's unemployed and recently divorced.  I would hate to see her piss away her savings on these flying saucer wannabe's.  When I mentioned this to my other friend he also knew of a chick who's currently involved in this racket.  SHe's also going thru some personal stuff right now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are pep rallies for idiots.
Brainwashing in the name of capitalism.
I was once on a marketing group for a network
marketing company. I made all the propaganda
collateral to sucker people into buying their products.
The selling seminars where hysterical.

Another pathetic show of pep rallies for losers
was something I witnessed at a local Wal-Mart.

We were going to the Huns farm and meet at this
Wal-Mart really early.
As I was getting final supplies I hear all this yelling,
cheering, chanting in the back of the store.
Of coarse I gotta see WTF is going on.
I come upon a midget of a man who was the store manager,
screaming at the employees like a little Napoleon,
Pumping up the employees.
I laugh and thought "If I worked hear, I would be proud
and happy I was making minimum wage. Now I'm gonna
go sell oil products for cars the best that I can.
View Quote

LOL!  I also stumbled across a WallyWorld rally.  Think someone said, "I'm gonna show that blasted toilet a thing or two".
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know who got her sucked into this but she's unemployed and recently divorced.  I would hate to see her piss away her savings on these flying saucer wannabe's.  When I mentioned this to my other friend he also knew of a chick who's currently involved in this racket.  SHe's also going thru some personal stuff right now.
View Quote

I hate to see people waste their money as well.  If she seems hell bent on taking this thing, have her take a one or two day class and see if she finds in beneficial.  If she feels it helps her, take more, if not at least she knows and isn't out as much money.

On a non related note, with a lot women going to these things, if lordtrader went, think he could get a date?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to see people waste their money as well.  If she seems hell bent on taking this thing, have her take a one or two day class and see if she finds in beneficial.  If she feels it helps her, take more, if not at least she knows and isn't out as much money.

On a non related note, with a lot women going to these things, if lordtrader went, think he could get a date?
View Quote

Now me and my friend have to devise a game plan to talk to these two womenZ.  Amazing how cults come in all sizes and shapes.  They probably don't even realize it's a cult,  though not a religious one.  They still want mind control and take your money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top