Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 6:14:19 PM EDT
I just rented this game tonight and Ive put about an hour in so far. So far its a blast. In the beginning you go through training to prove yourself worthy. You have to climb fences, sneak past cameras, knock out security gaurds and hide the body. At the end there are microphones hanging from certain areas in the room and you have to get though the room without making too much noise or they will fail you. Its worth the money to rent by far...we'll see though if its worth my purchase.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I own the game...
It's worth the price...

I'm to the point now that I can't get any further in the game...

Best advice is to conserve ammo as much as possible...
Seems you always need more than you have available...
Sneak, grab, and knock out the badguys as much as possible...
Some spots in the game you will need to shoot 2-3 guys multiple times to get to the next level...
I've gotten through the oil rig mission, and then to the CIA building mission where I got stuck...
You have limited time to get inside the building through a fan opening before the fan starts up...
Only problem is, you can't kill anyone when inside...
This means your unarmed...
I've been killed so many times by the guards, I finally gave up and said the hell with it...
I'm done...

I also recommend the game "MechAssault"...
Can't get to the end of that game either but it's cool as hell...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea Ive already learned about concerving ammo! I guess its best to sneak behind someone and knock them out than to waiste ammo. I saw mechassault got high reviews on gamezone so I'll have to rent it next. A co-worker is playing ghost recon and he says its good too. Only game Ive bought so far is 007 nightfire. Its one of the best FPS ive played.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I havnt tried medal of honor yet but everyone says its relly good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
SWEET Game. I have it and I beat it, while losing lots sleep. [:D]
Conserve your ammo. Unless it's a "Kill no one" mission. Then feel free to spend the rounds to knock out lights or cameras. And if the mission is a "Kill no one" kind and you have sticky camera's, shoot for the head with the camera's. Instant reusable non lethal ammo. Just remember to use Kentucky Windage for gravity and distance.
Have fun!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm almost done with the CIA level.  This game is the Best game for the XBox by far!  I've spent less time on this board because of this game, so it must be good!

G'night!

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
God, I hated those levels in Rainbow Six and Rogue spear.  Not kill anything?  Sneak around? What the hell kind of fun is that?  I want to kill things.  Lots of things.  Rapidly.  Now that is fun.  

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
So when do I get to use thermal vision guys? I played a demo at walmart and was able to use both thermal and night vision. Are there any other weapons I get to use besides the pistol? Anyone recommend dead to rights or max payne? Im not usually a big fan of 3rd person action games except GTA, but splinter cell is very easy to get the hang of. Oh yea, anyone played online with the Xbox yet? Hows the frame rate? I have roadrunner but I think I need that headset to actaully play online.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
sneaking around conserving ammo? that doesnt sound any fun....
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sneaking around conserving ammo? that doesnt sound any fun....
View Quote

Nope.
It's not.

I lost interest when I got to the CIA mission and couldn't kill anybody...
[:D]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Art, the CIA level was damn hard, but doable...  the end was a freaking pain in the ass!  But the mission after it makes up for the lack of killing in the last one... you get to kill anything that moves.  And you finally start getting some of the better weapons.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So when do I get to use thermal vision guys? I played a demo at walmart and was able to use both thermal and night vision. Are there any other weapons I get to use besides the pistol? Anyone recommend dead to rights or max payne? Im not usually a big fan of 3rd person action games except GTA, but splinter cell is very easy to get the hang of. Oh yea, anyone played online with the Xbox yet? Hows the frame rate? I have roadrunner but I think I need that headset to actaully play online.
View Quote

CIA mission is the first one with thermal.
tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top