Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 2:00:18 PM EDT
I am watching a documentary on the Canadian History channel called "Line of Fire"  They cover various battles etc...some great graffics..

Todays show is on the six day war...

MAN!!

Say what you want...but they KICKED BUTT!!

15000 Egyptian Casualties versus 500 Israeli?/

6000 Jordanian Casualties Versus 1000 Israeli?

They not finished the Syrian battles yet so I do not know what the numbers for that portion are....

Just masters at modern warfare is all I can say.....second to none!

Some of the manouvers were inspired!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
One man defending his home is worth 10 invading soldiers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The Arabs should have realized after 1967 that Israel is here to stay, and that they're way outclassed by them.  Everyone would be better off if they came to terms with that reality. No hopeless Palestinian state is going to bring peace, only the Arab acceptence that they lost will.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just masters at modern warfare is all I can say.....second to none!
View Quote

They have been masters at warfare for several thousand years, except when they piss Jehovah off.

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, should that tell America something about why our country is going to hell in a bucket lately?

Oh....sorry, just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
you shouldn't say that here, a lot of guys are so anti-Israel here they probably have mujahideen barbie dolls they play with.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
They always have, and always will.

Don't forget, they are "God's Chosen People."  Whether you believe that or not, just look at the incredible one-sidedness to all of their wars.  Even this current conflict with the Palestinians, they are killing almost 10 to 1...but they are targeting soldiers/militants and not women and children like the spineless Palestinian suicide bombers.

People say, "Well, it's just because America backs them up!"  They haven't had our support but for only a few decades...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Israel FUCKING Rocks! That's why I sport IDF stickers ob my car and when I get messed up looks, I ask them "Can I Help you with something?"
They know better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Even if you consider the American Support....which is certainly a factor.

The Arab armies were fielding the best that Russia, England and France had to offer....

The footage I saw ( for the first time) included AMX tanks etc.

It still comes down to man versus man and tactic versus tactic..

The Israeli commanders had BALLS!  But then again you are more productive when your back is against the wall......
Oh the reason the Jordanian figures were worse than they Egyptian ( in terms of Israeli dead) seem to stem from the style of fight.

The Egyptian was a war of manouver...while the Jordanian one was in more built up areas..

Still astounding to say the least!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Once read a fascinating report by an Israeli tank commander of an event during the 6 Day war.  He said just as they were going to pull out and advance, there was an unusual wind storm that lasted for a short while.  When it stopped, they looked across the fields of sand they were going to advance across and they were able to see hundreds of tank mines that were uncovered by the wind storm.  They drove around the mines and went on to defeat the Arab tanks.

And you don't think God is controlling their future?  Think again.  He never fails to honor a Covenant.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Well as an athiest I prefer to think that they just have superior military minds instead of giving the credit to "divine winds".

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, the Israelis showed their stuff in the six day's war, for sure,  but don't forget, the first time we went into Iraq, the ground war took four days and four hours (100 hours) and our casualties were...what...a few dozen? Iraqi casualties were in six figures!

Granted, that was after a month of softening up via air assault, but still...anything the Israelis can do, we can do better, if we really set our minds to it.

CJ

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't we supply Israel with EVERYTHING they own, operate, and shoot?  Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know for sure...but I was under the impression that Israel kicks ass, because we give the tools to do so.

So it's not so much Israel...granted the situation they're in calls for action, not words.

When I go into the city, I don't think about my subway blowing up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]
No surprise with the outcome of the Six Day War. Israel has historically kicked a## and taken names.

"....They probably have mujahideen barbie dolls they play with".

LOL - yeah - seems like some here are far too politically correct.... not sure where the "praise allah" crowd came from...... I fear it comes from the DU site.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And you don't think God is controlling their future?  Think again.  He never fails to honor a Covenant.

View Quote

Well, of course He doesn't.
The trick is in a proper understanding of the covenant.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They have been masters at warfare for several thousand years, except when they piss Jehovah off.

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, should that tell America something about why our country is going to hell in a bucket lately?

Oh....sorry, just thinking out loud.
View Quote

I like the way you think.

Quoted:
The trick is in a proper understanding of the covenant.
View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Just a shadow of Christian salvation, Garandman; one sided and permanent!  Planerench out.  (I can't believe he's back!)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't we supply Israel with EVERYTHING they own, operate, and shoot?  Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know for sure.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.  The Israeli MBT is the Merkava III (3rd gen. Israeli made tank with a German main gun).

Then there's the Galil rifle (decendant from the FN FAL I believe).

Then there's the Arrow Air Defense system just rolling out now.

Then there's the UZI subgun.

Now, with that said, yes the Israelis have benefitted from U.S. military sales like the F16, the M113 and earlier the M48 and M60 tanks.  But to say that they get everything from the U.S. today is a mistake.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Roger that
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Greetings:

Humble correction, the Galil is a descendant from the AK-47. The original receiver (prototype) was from a Finish Valmet rifle (M62?).

Israel also produces its own naval surface to surface missile, the Gabriel. Their own air to air missile, the Python (considered superior to our AIM-9M Sidewinder). Their own fighter aircraft, the Kfir (ok it is a stolen copy of the Mirage)

They have a sophisticated electronic industry, airborne radar, surface radar, ECM...

Lets not forget the new Tavor rifle and the Desert Eagle.

"Fobus holsters"

Lots of ammunition (IMI)

Regards

ACK
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Garandman proclaims, "All hail the British-Israel Church..or Christian Identity." "seed..not seeds" he proclaims

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top