Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/5/2003 12:43:06 PM EDT
[url]http://pub145.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2174.topic[/url]

From the post:

Yesturday I was told by Officer Chris Colehorst to leave the property I had permission by the property owner to use to have kids and adults play on.

Officer Colehorst had a very bad attitude and wouldn't listen to any reasoning what so ever from us or the property owner...

I called the property owner out on Saturday. He came and explained the situation to the officers. You think the officers would listen huh. NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO...

Guess who shows up at 11:30 am this morning.... after they told officer Colehorst to screw off.

WOW Coconut Creek SWAT shows up to enforce paintballers............ WOW something is strange here fellas... In this country of ours.... You dangerous evil paintballers must die from MP5 SMG fire.

Coconut Creek SWAT to round up paintballers, WTF is going on...

Contact Info is here for anyone who cares.

Coconut Creek Police Dept. 954-973-6700

Officer Cherry Judd

Officer Chris Corehorst

Seargent Waymire (Delta Unit Northern District)...

If you would like to assist in a minor role with this situation. Please call the City Hall of Coconut Creek 954-973-6770

Ask for Mayor Jim Walden

E-mail for him is at www.creekgov.net

or here: [url][email protected].[/url]

SWAT TEAM -vs- Paintballers that is to funny but scary.

I can be reached at 954 - 575 - 5039 directly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a real example of JBT's, that's for sure.  How absolutely evil.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Velcome to Amerika. Papers plezzz
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Also these guys have been playing there for years with expressed permission from the owner. Many kids and parents on the field when SWAT arrived.

The guy who posted this has a meeting with the Mayor of Coconut Creek tommarow Monday 1-6-02 at 2:00 pm. He'd appreciate any support he can get before the meeting.

You can reach the mayor at:

954-973-6770

Ask for Mayor Jim Walden

E-mail for him is at www.creekgov.net
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's private property with owner's permission for these people to be here what the heck are the cops doing?  Is some other neighbor complaining repeatedly or something, or is it just some gungho cop that for some reason doesn't like paintball?  Isn't that a violation of some kind, calling out SWAT for no reason?  Someone should be fired over this if there isn't more to it.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
As long as these gallant officers went home safe that night, then thats enough for me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]
now, i finally understand why cops need rifles. if the ordinary mk I cops had been issued rifles, it might have saved the taxpayers the cost of a callout by the swat team. obviously, the mk I's were outgunned.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]
This guy needs WRITTEN permission from the land owner to use the property. If he has that, barring some stupid local ordinance, he needs to allow this dumbass to arrest him. Then he should contact his lawyer and go for unlawful arrest. This could pay better than selling paintball equipment!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This guy needs WRITTEN permission from the land owner to use the property. If he has that, barring some stupid local ordinance, he needs to allow this dumbass to arrest him. Then he should contact his lawyer and go for unlawful arrest. This could pay better than selling paintball equipment!
View Quote

He does have written permission. Beyond that he got verbal expressed permission from the owners of adjoining properties. If you read the original post I think this all stems from a gung ho rookie cop.

They left their previous field they were using last year at the request of the city (and without incident) and moved to private property. Seems said new officer followed tehm to the new location and sought to enforce his authority despite being on private property with the permission of the owner.

I know Ryan (the owner) and he ain't looking to get arrested. He just want to continue about his business without issues.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, man, I'd pay to sit in on that court session!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He does have written permission. Beyond that he got verbal expressed permission from the owners of adjoining properties. If you read the original post I think this all stems from a gung ho rookie cop.
View Quote

Sounds like "Barney" needs to be encouraged to find another profession.

I know Ryan (the owner) and he ain't looking to get arrested. He just want to continue about his business without issues.
View Quote

He certainly has the right to continue his business. I can't blame him for not wanting to get arrested but that would really be the icing on the cake toward legally righting this wrong. I hope he sticks it to them. This crap needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#12]
SWAT TEAM -vs- Paintballers,
Paintball guns for each side, I’ll bet on the paintballers.
I’ve played paintball with cops, they have a slow learning curve for the sport of paintball.
SSD
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight... the rookie cop [i]knew[/i] they were only paintballers, but he called out the SWAT team anyway? What a waste of taxpayer dollars and inefficient use of law enforcement resources. He should be held accountable.
View Quote

I'm surprised he didn't pull out his blaster and waste a couple of these paintball vermin. After all, he was in serious danger of being painted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
You got this over the internet?

I smell a hoax here...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this America? Are we still free? What the hell are we fighting a war on terrorism for? I thought it was to remain free?

[size=3][b]What the frig is going on in this country?[/size=3][/b]

Why didn't any of the other cops grab that officer by the ear and slap him one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is this America? Are we still free? What the hell are we fighting a war on terrorism for? I thought it was to remain free?

View Quote

This hasn't been a free country since 1861.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Then he is suppressing some information-like when they told the cop to take a hike yesterday somone lost their temper and said they would shoot him if he came back?

Cops overracting to a 911 call about "people with guns" and rolling to SWAT team only to find its people legally playing paintball on private property is, unfortunately, something that has happened enough to be beleveable.

But they way he described it, where yesterday they had this argument with a cop over weather or not they could play paintball on this guys property. And then after this face to face meeting with a officer they comeback 24hr later with a SWAT team- for no reason- no I don't buy that.

For one thing, that deployment costs money and takes officers off a beat. Now sometimes elected chief leos do strange shit because they think they are god-but usually they are too anal over their budget and schedualing to spare officers for one of their subordinants private grudges...

Of course, said officer they argued with could have lied to his superiors about being threatened yesterday, just to be a prick...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why didn't any of the other cops grab that officer by the ear and slap him one?
View Quote

Didnt you see it?

Didnt you see that blue wall?

It seems to miraculously appear whenever a cop goofs up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This hasn't been a free country since 1861.
View Quote

Your raceism, sexism, and ageism is showing...

Before 1861 you had to be white, male, christian, over 21, own land and have no debt to be "free".
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:10:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I smell a hoax here...
View Quote

No, I got this from Ryan Toemmes from the Florida Shooters Network where he is a member and is known to me personally.

Had you checked the link you would find he posted specific details including the officers involved as well as his personal contact info including his phone number.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Campy is absolutely right. A clear cut case of the patrol officers being outgunned. Had they a carbine available this situation of calling out the special weapons team would not have been necessary.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Then he is suppressing some information-like when they told the cop to take a hike yesterday somone lost their temper and said they would shoot him if he came back?

Cops overracting to a 911 call about "people with guns" and rolling to SWAT team only to find its people legally playing paintball on private property is, unfortunately, something that has happened enough to be beleveable.

But they way he described it, where yesterday they had this argument with a cop over weather or not they could play paintball on this guys property. And then after this face to face meeting with a officer they comeback 24hr later with a SWAT team- for no reason- no I don't buy that.

For one thing, that deployment costs money and takes officers off a beat. Now sometimes elected chief leos do strange shit because they think they are god-but usually they are too anal over their budget and schedualing to spare officers for one of their subordinants private grudges...

Of course, said officer they argued with could have lied to his superiors about being threatened yesterday, just to be a prick...
View Quote

Gee your just too damn smart for me...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I smell a hoax here...
View Quote

Don't think so. SteyrAUG says he knows the owner.
View Quote

Styer's also been known to stir shit for the pleasure of the stink too.

Have you read the ENTIRE LINK, not just Styer's edited version. Searched for a valid news link?

Come on people use that grey matter between your ears. [;)]
View Quote

Well this just happened TODAY. Sorry if NBC hasn't covered this yet to your satisfaction. But don't take MY word for it.

Why don't you call the owner involved. His name is Ryan and he posted his phone number on the original link and I posted it on the original post here.

I may post about controversial shit, but I don't just make shit up either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#28]
What do you expect ?
( from the coconut creek website)

[b]Welcome to Coconut Creek
Coconut Creek, the butterfly capital of the world™, is located in South Florida about 20 minutes northwest of Fort Lauderdale.

Incorporated in 1967, this beautiful city is widely recognized as a well planned, rapidly growing community that is considered one of the leading cities in Broward County and South Florida. Environmentally- oriented, the City pursues a friendly, progressive approach to creating a liveable suburban lifestyle for it's residents and businesses.

The city is 11.3 square miles with 45,517 residents. Housing is primarily single family homes, condominiums and townhouses within professionally landscaped communities.[/b]

[slap]

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Let me get this straight....This all happened in the same county that was nationally recognized for having a large part of the population that was too stupid to vote, correct?

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Just show a refrence to the incident from a third party, thats all. The media, another board member who was there, another website that refers to it(but not just repeats the same accusation)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Note to self: if you ever go Paintballing, bring real AR15s to keep near by to deal with any real criminals that threaten you. Get everybody to do the same thing.

There's only one way this sort of thing is going to go away, that's to start [b]FIGHTING BACK![/b]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just show a refrence to the incident from a third party, thats all. The media, another board member who was there, another website that refers to it(but not just repeats the same accusation)
View Quote

Why don't you just call the guy who left his phone number instead of arguing with a 3rd party? Is it really that difficult?

Ryan Toemmes  954-575-5039
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]
What was the nature of the original complaint the first officers rsponded to? Disturbing the peace? Assualt? Vandalism? And who is the informant?

What are the State Laws, County Ordinances, and City Municipal codes dealing with possession and use of Paint Ball guns?

I'll reserve judgement until those questions are answered.

PS..
Where did people ever get the idea that laws dont apply on "private property?"
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well gee lest see...

I know the OWNER involved personally and posted his contact information.

This JUST happened and surprisingly the media didn't run right out and cover it in a effort to protect his rights. I didn't see the ACLU there either.

So what third party verification would you like?

Should I track down one of the little kiddies that were playing today? I don't know any of them but I'm sure they would love to come on a gunboard and post verification of the incident.

Or perhaps one of the officers on scene. Again, I don't know any of them personally but I'm sure if I asked really nice they would come here and be totally candid and honest about the events of today.

Or maybe space aliens just happened to be over Broward County today and imaged the entire incident. I will talk to the people from Alpha Centura IV and see if they would be willing to post still images of todays obervations.

Here's the situation folks, I only know the guy it happened to. I only know what he told me and I posted what he posted. I believe him not m=to make up shit like this. He posted it to get HELP because this is the situation he is in. You don't make up a SWAT responce and seek assistance and support on the internet BEFORE meeting with the Mayor. And IF you do, you don't post your phone number, he did.

So you can believe it, not believe it, help or not help. I only posted teh information because this guy is gonna need a LOT of help.

If or when there is media coverage of this event I will post it.

You can also pose questions to Ryan directly by joining the FSN board on the above thread. He is a longtime member there.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I may post about controversial shit, but I don't just make shit up either.
View Quote

I never said that you make things up. I said that......[i]"Steyr's been known to stir shit for the pleasure of the stink"[/i]

I don't doubt that you may know someone involved in this.

I do question the childish responses of some to a second hand account of a one sided accusation. Just as I question the validity of the one sided account of the occurrence.

But then the cop bashers only need an excuse  to begin the choir and you know it. However it's only my opinion and as most opinions its value is limited to me.[;)]
View Quote

I think you know me well enough that I am far from a cop basher and usually don't particiapte in the cop bashing threads.

This isn't about JBTs, although the owner is understandably upset with them at the moment, it is about a guy who is gonna need a bit of help.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#39]
To me it appears that the rookie cop didn't like the fact that the paintballers didn't do what he wanted them to do, and took it personally, calling out the SWAT team to "teach them a lesson." Does that seem plausible to you?
View Quote

Yeah it does-to a extent. But over two days? And how does a rookie cop get authority to call out a SWAT team?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#40]
interesting...  

what was their PC for coming on the private property in the first place?

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
interesting...  

what was their PC for coming on the private property in the first place?

View Quote

Probubly a violation of some local law. Like discharging a firearm that launches a projectile by force of compressed air in city limits.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Your raceism, sexism, and ageism is showing...

Before 1861 you had to be white, male, christian, over 21, own land and have no debt to be "free".
View Quote

The biggest slave owner in Louisian history was a black woman. There was never any requirement of christianity for one to be free, most of the founders were transcendentalists. 21? There were plenty of landowners who were younger than that and the age of consent was usually 15-16 years of age. Male in order to be free? So all women were slaves? Have we been reading the "Gor" series a bit too much? And those who were not landed? Having no deed to land did not mean you were somehow not free. There were plenty of people who went west as you may recall and were quite free to do so. Too bad we aren't that way now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What was the nature of the original complaint the first officers rsponded to? Disturbing the peace? Assualt? Vandalism? And who is the informant?

What are the State Laws, County Ordinances, and City Municipal codes dealing with possession and use of Paint Ball guns?

I'll reserve judgement until those questions are answered.

PS..
Where did people ever get the idea that laws dont apply on "private property?"
View Quote

The Florida laws pertaining to paintball guns are basically it is legal unless engaged in "criminal mischief", "vandalism" or a "public nusance."

I don't know the nature of the original complaint or the informant.

Last year they played on county property (open field far away from residences) without incident. Due to the acts of kids at night (drinking, drugs, etc.) being a nusance everyone (including paintballers) got the boot.

They secured private property to play on and it would "seem" a officer from the original complaint found where they moved to and is continuing to harrass them. But that is just my impression, not a known fact.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I have emailed Ryan and invited him here to answer your questions directly.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#46]
A rookie cop has the authority to activate SWAT?

Now that's funny.[rofl2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
????[>:/]   Oh I get. Start a fire fight with the police. Well [b]PLEASE[/b] feel free.

{Animal Mother voice on} "You talk the talk, can you walk the walk"{Animal Mother voice off}
View Quote

You never START a fire fight with the police. You let them fire first and then you respond with all necessary force. Always let the other guy make the first mistake. And yeah if I were in that situation I [b]would[/b] do it (provided I have backup).

I notice that you like to bitch but never make any suggestions on how to solve a situation. What would you do in that situation? Submit and surrender like feeble sheep? Yeah, that's what I bet you'd do. The JBTs will own people like you for life.

BTW, your animated pic is very annoying.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I see now that there are some that will cower when the JBT's come in guns blazing, and then there are some that will be the JBT's.

A legal activity on private property, with the owners permission=SWAT(JBT) intervention.

go figure...
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#50]
this place should be monitored by highly trained unarmed security guards..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top