Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 9:53:22 AM EDT
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1987287125[/url]

I was sorting through a bunch of stuff today and realized that I've seen these sell on ebay for close to $100.

Figured it's no loss if somebody buys it at my starting price, but it would buy that 1000 rounds of 5.45x39 I've been meaning to pick up if it goes for close to $100.

I'm sorry I only have the one [}:)]

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#1]
That's not a bad idea. I've got all kinds of "rare" military stuff laying around.[:)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
[ROFL] I'd do it!

Seriously just put the starting bid at 100 dollars and say "VERY RARE!" and I bet someone bites [;)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[ROFL] I'd do it!

Seriously just put the starting bid at 100 dollars and say "VERY RARE!" and I bet someone bites [;)]
View Quote

Nah, the trick is to start low and get a couple of peole bidding in a frenzy.

I once sold a Damascus blade pcoket knife for $50 more than a new one directly from the vendor, and the ad included a link to the vendor site which showed the retail price.  never quite figured that one out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well this spring I'm going to try to sell my dirtbike on Ebay. I've seen dirtbikes like mine go for around 800 dollars and they don't look that good at all, and are sold as is.

So I'm going to try to sell mine this summer which includes a parts bike, which is pretty much an entire dirtbike minus some small stuff like a chain and a few other parts. I'm hoping to get a 1000 out of it. It definitely looks like a strong possibility. I know aesthetics are key [;)], plan on stripping all of the plastic off it and all of the clamps and doing the whole thing in a gloss black, reassembling and not touching the thing [:D]

Anyone have any tips for someone new to selling on Ebay?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone have any tips for someone new to selling on Ebay?
View Quote

Buy and sell some cheap stuff on eBay before you try to sell something expensive so that you'll have some sort of feedback for people to refer to.

Accounts with zero feedback wont get taken too seriously if the first thing you try to sell is a $1000 item.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm I have no idea what to sell on Ebay besides the dirtbike....
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ebay usually waits until the last day and then kills the auction of magazines that don't have capacity listed.  If they do, just add "this magazine holds 10 rounds per Ebay rules".  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmm I have no idea what to sell on Ebay besides the dirtbike....
View Quote

Sell your old cd's, books, or any other junk laying around that should otherwise be thrown away.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ebay usually waits until the last day and then kills the auction of magazines that don't have capacity listed.  If they do, just add "this magazine holds 10 rounds per Ebay rules".  
View Quote

After getting a bunch of messages asking about capacity including one that was obviously from someone looking for an auction to bust, I revised the listing. Check it out now.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top