Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2003 9:22:36 AM EDT
I've found that multiple head shots with the sniper rifle works the best.  The plasma rifle, needler, and assault rifle don't seem to do shit.  I haven't gotten a shotgun or a rocket launcher yet, but when I do, how well do these things work?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF are you smoking?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you talking about a video game? I hope so... if not I want what he's got...[nono]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Multiple hits to his orange colored backside.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Try to stick a plasma grenade to them, and I have best luck with assault rifle. It slows down their rush.

Back straight up, lob nades, and keep on firing that assault rifle.

BTW he is talking about HALO.. the XBOX game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]
----> there is an unarmored spot on their lower back, spining around them while blasting with the assult rifle at close range gets 'em every time.  I've personally taken two out at the simultaniously.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:25:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Perhaps the 'war gaming' forum would be a better place for this question?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#9]
um.....[picks up phone and dials 1800-FBI-TURN-IN Nor-Man]  haha
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quickly.  Around here, we shoot back at guys that pull that crap.  [BD]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Pistol and aim for anything that is orange.  

Plasma grenades have little to no effect on the Hunters.  

Assault rifle works well, but you have to get close and let them melee attack you.  You have to step to the side and let them pass you before you get hit!!!!  and hose the orange part of thier backs.  

Sniper rifle to the head, then quick follow up shot to the neck (also orange, see a pattern here?), or wait for them to turn around and shoot them in the orange part of thier backs.

HALO is the best game ever created for any system/pc.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Use a pistol on their orange back, hunters are tough but their back is the weakness.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Is HALO available for the PC?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is HALO available for the PC?
View Quote

Not yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:19:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I had an asshole try that once.  It may have been the most fun that I have ever had.  I carry a lot of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]
STICKY BOMB
Fill yer right sock with explosive and short fuse. Coat sock with axle grease. Light fuse while approaching hunter, and hold sticky bomb to his chest while waiting for the explosion.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Run them over with the 4x4.  The gatling gun on the 4x4 also works great.

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks guys, I experimented a bit more after I posted, and I also found that getting behind them is the key.  Or letting them get close and tagging their head repeatedly while backing up.

For anyone who didn't get my little joke in the topic, 101_proof is correct, I'm talking about Halo.  I got it last night, and have wasted most of today playing it.

As to the claim of it being the best game ever....I disagree.  It is fun as hell, and it is likely the best 1st person shooter ever, but I've got several complaints.  The biggest of which is the lack of interactive environment.

The title of best game ever still rests with Grand Theft Auto III & Vice City, hands down.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I experimented a bit more after I posted, and I also found that getting behind them is the key.  Or letting them get close and tagging their head repeatedly while backing up.

For anyone who didn't get my little joke in the topic, 101_proof is correct, I'm talking about Halo.  I got it last night, and have wasted most of today playing it.
View Quote

Ahhh... That's a relief. I thought for a second I had linked to some PETA forum. Anybody have a pic of that cartoon where the duck has a "hunter" decoy (cutout of a woman waving here bikini top overhead) while standing in wait with a shotgun?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Get the pistol and jump/sidestep around them and shoot them in the back of the neck.. only takes 1-2 pistol bullets.. on easy.. in legendary it will require different tactics.  IF you do have the warthog(4x4) sit a good ways away and unload with the cannon on the back.. i CAN'T wait for Halo 2.. or even Halo on PC
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh yea.. the RL.  Usually one hit will kill it in Easy or Normal.. Hard and Legendary usually require 2 hits.  The shotgun has to be the best small arms weapon in the game.. it hold 12 shells and will put down a Elite in one shot if your at pointblank.  the shotgun and pistol or shotgun and plasma gun have to be my favorite weapons to carry.  What part are you on right now?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I've played Halo for about 3-4 hours and the controls are so hard to get used to after playing nothing but PC FPS and N64.

I really wasn't impressed by it. The vehicles were amazing but I'd still rather sit around on the N64 and play Perfect Dark or Goldeneye. Both far superior to Halo.

Almost any HL mod is better then Halo IMO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've played Halo for about 3-4 hours and the controls are so hard to get used to after playing nothing but PC FPS and N64.

I really wasn't impressed by it. The vehicles were amazing but I'd still rather sit around on the N64 and play Perfect Dark or Goldeneye. Both far superior to Halo.

Almost any HL mod is better then Halo IMO.
View Quote

You need to play more!  I hated the controls until they became natural to me.  I am  PC FPS gamer, but Halo has me hooked.  That and AA.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Halo isn't much fun when you play by yourself.. Elad.. get a buddy of yours and do some Co-Op play.. its MUCH more fun..  and just about ALL the HL mods are pretty much fucked due to cheating.. and the graphics bleh [:D] you should download the doom 3 leak..
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah too bad I have a 56k......and a download like that would take forever. Plus I don't have a top of the line gfx card and processor. I have a 1200 Celeron, 512 PC133 RAM, Geforce 2 MX400 64mb AGP. I know it's not the best rig but runs most of the currents games pretty well, even UT2003. So until I graduate from highschool I'll just stick with this. Little over a year left..........
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#28]
No one can run doom3 "well" i have 512rdram and doom3 EATS all the virtual memory.. and starts shutting programs down until it has enough.. I have a 1.8ghz 512rdram and a vanilla geforce3 64mb and i can get around 35fps when not moving and around 5-15 when shooting.. and 1-3 when people are on screen [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top