Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 9:25:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I will take a T-90, with a side order Bmp-3....

Everyone one should Own thier on MBT.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Imagine taking one of these out fishing!

[img]http://www.rusarm.ru/images/636.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Paul or RBAD will probably have one by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Imagine taking one of these out fishing!

[url]http://www.rusarm.ru/images/636.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Would that be the bait on the back of the sub?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't import a Russian AK-47, what makes you think I can buy a tank?  I would rather purchase a decommitioned M1A1 Main battle tank for about...Oh 6 million :).

Huntrik <----- ex-M1A1 Tanker!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#8]
At least with that sub, you could see where the fish are hiding! :)

Huntrik
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Another group of phallic symbols to impress the chics![:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I would rather purchase a decommitioned M1A1 Main battle tank for about...Oh 6 million
View Quote
Boy, you ain't kiddin....Russian vehicles are the most user-UNfriendly things you can imagine; everything on the inside seems to be designed to cause injury to the crew while bouncing around on the move.........
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#11]
you ain't kiddin....Russian vehicles are the most user-UNfriendly things you can imagine; everything on the inside seems to be designed to cause injury to the crew while bouncing around on the move.........
View Quote

Kinda like Mexican religious art. My first girlfriend in college's mum collected gaudy Catholic art from Latin-America, some of it was funny, some of it was in poor taste, and some of it was out-right dangerous.

I recall this little "head of Christ with the crown of thorns" wall orniment (about the size of a golf ball) in wich the thorns were made out of little needles. Still completely sharp. There were many mornings getting up from breakfast that howls of pain were heard when someone came into contact with Jesus' head. We attempted to mount it higher but it caused someone a stitch-worthy injury when it fell off the wall from on high and stuck in them pretty damn good.

Barbra (Emily's mother) always told me that it was punishment for fornicating with her daughter in her house...if only she knew I was nailing both of her daughters (18 & 16) at the time.

Oh well :) I paid for that one too. But it was worth it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Getting back to the topic (sort of), there's still one Scottish lord who has his own private army. [url=www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/blairatholl/blaircastle/]Blair Castle[/url]

In 1839 the lord of Blair Atholl formed a private bodyguard group to protect Queen Victoria while she was visiting the Atholl area of Scotland, and again in 1842. In 1844 Queen Victoria gave the bodyguard unit an official regimental status which has continued to this day, but the regiment is NOT part of the British Army, it remains a private regiment under the direct command of the lord of Blair Atholl.

According to an official British Army web page the Atholl Highlanders are the only legal private army in the UK (and some other web pages say the only private army in Europe).
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would rather purchase a decommitioned M1A1 Main battle tank for about...Oh 6 million
View Quote
Boy, you ain't kiddin....Russian vehicles are the most user-UNfriendly things you can imagine; everything on the inside seems to be designed to cause injury to the crew while bouncing around on the move.........
View Quote

Actually, the Russians have been quite busy these past few years improving and upgrading their tanks with some rather impressive and interesting gadgets.

[url]http://www.army-technology.com/projects/t90/[/url]

[url]http://www.milparade.com/1998/28/014.htm[/url]

And check out the 'Arena' active-protection system.

[url]http://armor.vif2.ru/Tanks/EQP/arena.html[/url]

Now, I can't comment as to these systems' combat effectiveness. But what I can tell you is that we have yet to place our M1A1/2's and crews against any real (ie: non-export variant) Russian MBT's with properly trained crews.

It'd be interesting to see I think. Of course, if asked, I'd still rather be in the Abrams[;)]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Sad that scumbags around the world can have all these neat toys but we can't...

Just keep looking at "Boats and Harbors" From time to time you'll see subs for sale!
only 20 million, too!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#16]
You can own them.[url]www.mil-veh.org/archives/97-03/0552.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is another[url]www.geocities.com/kitters_zoo/links.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Be sure and turn your speakers up on this one[url]www.mvpa.org[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Here are some for sale. [url]www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/9109[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Here is one for the guys in Va. [url]www.army.mil/soldiers/jul2001/news/news9.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
One more. [url]www.tridentmilitary.com/military-vehicles.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Here is a Chieftain main battle tank. [url]www.fantastic-days.com/fdsales.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top