Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2003 1:05:13 AM EDT
I decided to rip apart my pc tonight so I could get everything ready to install the pneumatics tomorrow.  Well I got it all apart and realized I had no way to surf ARFcom for the rest of the night so I improvised.

[img]www.cheyennepaintball.com/images/DSC00534.JPG[/img]

I was relieved to get that all going but when I went to get something to drink so I could relax and surf, all I could find was this!

[img]www.cheyennepaintball.com/images/DSC00527.JPG[/img]

Its a bad night and I still have dishes to do!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:07:29 AM EDT
[#1]
[8D]Good thing you know where the priorities lie!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I once needed a quick and dirty Novell server setup up to test something.  I hit the junk box and ended up with a 486 motherboard screwed to an empty cardboard box, power supply on the bench, CD, floppy and HD taped to the box.

Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#3]
So [b]Rudolph The Long-Necked Red-Nosed Reindeer[/b] had to [b]die[/b] in order for you to slake your thirst?

I guess the 'Christmas Spirit' is over at the Schapman residence! [:D]

Eric The(I'SpectTheRum-InjectedFruitCakeIsAllGone,AsWell?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
WTF is the rocker switch panel used for on that thing?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

My guess it would be a fan switch for when he hooks it up to his rendering farm for Lord of the Rings III
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Pneumatics?! WTF, is your computer a low riDER?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang [b]Mugzilla[/b], you beat me to it.

[b]EricTheHun[/b], that looks more like a Rudolph the Red Nosed IBC Root Beer from here.

[b]schapman43[/b], don't forget to post some post-op pics!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Flip switch, not rocker. but they both have the same internal workings. usually fan speed controllers. Blue = low speed, Red= High speed, Off = Off.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Might be pneumatics for the case side, not sure but I've seen some open like that they are pretty damn sweet.....

Just can't wait till I get a job so I can start saving up for my "Gaming Machine" [:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey that couch has a pattern similar to ours!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool, are you running KDE? That certainly isn't a Windows taskbar...

(I do a little bit of Linux kernel work in my spare time :)
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea I  just fixed the pnematics on this packard bell.
[img]http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL76/709417/1194623/17607929.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Cute. How do you like my setups then?

[img]http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/computer/topthemen/Case-Modding/353576-Computer_20Case_20Modding,property=Bild.jpg[/img]

I am not quite sure which one I like better though.

[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/perfectputer.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cool, are you running KDE? That certainly isn't a Windows taskbar...

(I do a little bit of Linux kernel work in my spare time :)
View Quote

Yup its KDE running on top of Redhat 8.0.  I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to linux.  I just installed it a week ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nova5 is right, its fan control.  He even has the colors right [:)].  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#17]
After I piecemeal a system together looking like a spaghetti factory, I usually get distracted by other projects and it's sits like that for a month.

Hey, if it works....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Pneumatics?! WTF, is your computer a low riDER?
View Quote

Yup!  All I need are the dingle berries and fuzzy dice.  I'll probably get a set of curb checkers for it too. [:)]

But really, I modified my case a couple months back and realized it didnt stand out in the crowd.  Thats when I got the idea for pneumatics.  I bought a majority of the parts so here is the plan.

The case will start in its original position.  It will then be able to slide out from the wall 24" and rotate 90degrees.  The side will then be able to open.  All that using pneumatics.  I also installed four cylinders in the base and two in the top.  I put 2 120mm fans in the base and 2 80mm fans in the top.  So when I really want to cool the thing off it will lift itself off the ground and the top cylinders will lift a piece of glass off the top of the upper fans.

With the valve setup that I have I should be able to control it all from software or manually with switches.  I also thought about installing a serial relay cotroller so I could plug it all into my palm.

I'm a huge geek!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Well its just about complete.  I am just waiting for the fans.  Once those are in all I will need are the valves and then I will have the geekiest computer around!!

Out of curiosity, is anyone else here into modding their pc cases?  Care to post pics?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top