BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 10:46:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just noticed that the site has lost a few things, like the spell checker, search option, and god only knows what else.

I saw a post regarding something about having to pay for the full features in order to use these items.

Somehow, I thought that selling ad space covered the bills.  Is this site going to become a pay site, or are the items just down; under repair?

Dano
View Quote

It does take processor cycles and bandwidth to calculate which threads an individual is active in, and to do searches. Bronze level is like $1.67 a month. If you can't afford it, watch for the sponsorship threads. Still able to do everything else without paying. So if you never search and never use "My Active Topics" to look for the heated discussion you were in last night.....

Scott

[:D]

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The items in question are a major bandwidth hog.  The problem is that everytime Goatboy gives us more bandwidth, all of it IMMEDIATELY gets used, and then some.
View Quote

That reminded me. Here is an example. Remember when the "beltway sniper" caused a surge in activity? Everytime GoatBoy would loosen the lurker restriction, the activity would expand to cover the spread.....

Scott

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I'm going to have to send in the $20 for a bronze membership.  I personally think spellcheck is a big expensive headache that isn't needed, but I guess others would disagree.

I wonder who has the most posts without a paying membership?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#5]
One reason I paid is because I love the my active topics, Search too.  Plus after being here for so long I figured it was time to $upport the site.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess I'm going to have to send in the $20 for a bronze membership.  I personally think spellcheck is a big expensive headache that isn't needed, but I guess others would disagree.

I wonder who has the most posts without a paying membership?
View Quote

I don't know, but I have over 2500 posts....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top