Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 10:18:58 PM EDT
Otherwise they may end up like this poor girl.

[B]I am a 16 year old female and a junior in public high school. Even though I was very young, I vividly remember Clinton and Rock The Vote. Thanks to Mr. Moore, and the sad state of the nation I am being forced to grow up in without a say, I am extremely interested in politics. Unfortunately, I am in the minority in my age group. You are exactly right; the youth of America doesn't care. Yet some of them are pissed off, and rightly so, about the state of the nation and our idiot president, and decisions being made for us in our own schools without anyone asking our opinions on how things are working. I think MTV does need to get more involved again, but we need candidates who care that the youth get involved. Clinton seemed to care about the younger generation, that’s why Rock The Vote worked for him. I want to change things, I'm sick of how things are now and I am going to make a difference, and more of the youth need to get involved, and they will with motivation. It is on you, the adults to talk to us about politics, and ask our opinions. You will probably be surprised to hear what we have to say. Encourage your children to vote and get involved. We are the adults of tommorrow, and if we don't care now, what will the percentage of voters be when we are adults?[/B]

[URL]http://www.michaelmoore.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7905[/URL]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Now Hillary CUT THAT OUT!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me 'bout it DF. I'm still arguing with those idjits about "Mandatory Living Wage" [shock] WTF? It's like minimum wage on steroids.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate the phrase "affordable housing" or "affordable healthcare".  WTF does that mean, exactly?  At what point is it "affordable"?  Can you provide a dollar value so we can talk specifics?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:15:23 AM EDT
[#7]
My daughter, three, is at this time able to make many decisions for herself with the guidance of her parents. Her mother any myself enfluence her greatly I am sure, and will continue to do so as she grows. That being said, she will be tought about politics, but she will also be able to have her own views. It is up to each of us to work at our future and government, children included. I am disapointed in the 16yo child saying that it is up to the president to do something about the awareness of children. She is old enough to drive to a library, she can change the channel to watch the corrupt media, but most of all she can ask her parents. I am sure that if your child, assuming that you have one, would be more than welcome to ask you your view.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top