Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 7:35:55 PM EDT
Campy...

You might not recall...but last year we had a discussion about my clubs junior program.

In it you mentinoed that some American Universities have scholarship programs for shooters..

WELL!!!
So in a year or so you might just see one of our young CANADIAN girls down south showing you all how it is done!!

YES!

One of the young ladies at  my club was just approached last month by a recuriter!!

She is the top shooter in our club and also made the Ontario Team for this years Canada Summer Games!!

YES!!!

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]
yes, i remember our conversation...and i still have the pics of your facility on my computer and on the bulletin board at our range's clubhouse (btw, our juniors just completed upgrading our backstop...one of their winter projects).

congratulations ae due to the young lady, her coaching staff, club and sponsers.

please let me know where she will be attending  school and im me her name so that i can follow her progress.

if she is going to be attending a school near me, i can put her in touch with all the locals.

the last young lady from canada that i dealt with rode a racing bicycle. her name was kelly way...and she came down to ohio and kicked butt and made quite a name for herself.

after a 2 week layoff for the holidays, i'll be returning to match shooting  next week.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
on a cold and dreary winter afternoon that makes for a nice story, hope she does well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
She is only 15 so it will be at least 2 more years before she will be headed down.  Right now she is just THRILLED to be considered.

She is a fine young lady whom I have been working with to make her the best ambasador for the sport I can.  That is how the recruiters got wind of her.  I set up a series of interview with her by some local papers, which she did a great job completing.

I still would love to set up a cross border shooting event between our two programs...

However the laws on both sides would make it real hard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top