Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What a wild story!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
no winners in this story :(
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, when you dress like a criminal............
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a good example of "dynamic entry" crapola going terribly wrong.  Just a few minutes ago on the 10pm news, the Ft. Worth police are looking like dumbasses.  Their media representative basically said everything they said yesterday was a pack of lies.  Now the story is out in the media the cops are backstroking like crazy to try to contain the backlash.  Seems a female cop came bursting in the store with a hood on, no visible ID and a drawn gun looking to arrest a suspect who allegedly made a drug deal in a parking lot earlier.  There was no report of a weapon in relation to the suspect.  The convenience store owner or his son shot the disguised female cop the second she hit the door with a gun in her hand.  Cops last night said she had NO HOOD, WAS WEARING BODY ARMOR AND HAD VISIBLE ID.  Tonight they deny she had any of those and deny the statements they made ON CAMERA LAST NIGHT.  The cops really looked poor on the TV news.  Even though the owner's son fired in response to the cop's action, the cops took the father in for questioning but released him without charges and on camera say there will be no charges filed.  This kind of thing is going to get more common till cops quit acting like Ronnie Rambos and start using some common sense.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not sure that I would want someone that careless back on the street at all.

Hopefully she will take her near miss as a sign to find another line of work before she kills someone or gets herself killed.

If I had authority over this department, I would be thinking twice about letting this person back on duty at all in my department. And if I was persuaided to do so she would be going back to the Acadamy first.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Who were they looking to arrest? Was it the son or a customer? And did they get the perp?...Oh, and why not wear the vest. It is like a seat belt, rarely needed, but great protection when you do!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
This kind of thing is going to get more common till cops quit acting like Ronnie Rambos and start using some common sense.
View Quote

Thinning the herd of stupid cops sadly is a necessity.  

Time to WAKE UP! Take off your Jack Boots!  Watch some Mayberry!  Act more like Andy!  You'll get farther in life!  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This kind of thing is going to get more common till cops quit acting like Ronnie Rambos and start using some common sense.
View Quote

Thinning the herd of stupid cops sadly is a necessity.  

Time to WAKE UP! Take off your Jack Boots!  Watch some Mayberry!  Act more like Andy!  You'll get farther in life!  
View Quote

I do believe there is truth in this! Small town justice can be a bit safer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a customer they were coming in to arrest.

Which begs the question, why the hell didn't they wait for him to come out again? Its not like he was going into a supermarket with a couple or three exits, he wasn't likely to be slipping out the back door. They don't exactly sound like the kind of store owners that let people trapse through their backroom at will.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey, did anyone notice this?

The wounded officer, who was in critical condition today with a gunshot wounded in the [red]left armpit,[/red]
View Quote

That isn't a place thats covered by a vest.

The point I guess is that the vest would have made her look more like a LEO and less like a armed robber.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FORT WORTH - Police today revised their account of how an undercover officer was shot Thursday night, saying the officer was wearing a hooded mask and brandishing a gun when she entered a convenience store and was wounded.

View Quote

How much do you want to be that the only reason the cops are backpeddling is that there was a video camera in the store that caught the whole incident on tape? If it didn't exist, the coverup would have stuck and the kid would be in jail right now facing attempted murder charges.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#15]
So, I wonder what happened after she was hit?  Did she not try and return fire?  Did she realize there was a case of mistaken identity and just try and take cover?  Or identify herself?  Did she fall down and cry to her mommy?  Just curious.... I'd like to see the video from the survelience cam (if there is one).
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FORT WORTH - Police today revised their account of how an undercover officer was shot Thursday night, saying the officer was wearing a hooded mask and brandishing a gun when she entered a convenience store and was wounded.

View Quote

How much do you want to be that the only reason the cops are backpeddling is that there was a video camera in the store that caught the whole incident on tape? If it didn't exist, the coverup would have stuck and the kid would be in jail right now facing attempted murder charges.
View Quote
Yeap, you could win a lot on money bettng against the LEO's on the board with this one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually, I'm slightly surprised that the store employee didn't get lit up with 500 rounds of 9mm or 5.56. Isn't that the usual ending of stuff like this?

Damn crooked cops who will do anything to evade responsibility for their actions. If not for that camera, that kid would be getting ass-raped in jail right now.

Fuck the truth, we're cops.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been predicting this ever since those first brave souls pulled on their jackboots and ninja masks.
Of course the blame will will be placed on armed convience store clerks that such a senseless shooting took place. Not much will be said about uber-ninja storm troopers with little or no brains.
Oh well, a few more inches to the right and the gene pool would have been a bit clearer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I have always thought police officers wearing masks was a bad idea.

I also have noticed more cases where LEO's don't identify themselves. I think this is another stupid error and I don't know if it is just stupidity or arrogance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#21]
All this to arrest a non-violent person buying drugs.  I wonder how many people passed freely through the store to buy alcohol and tobacco products while the police were staging a "drug sting" right out side?  It looks too me all the users of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substance conducted them selves peacefully that night.  Oh the irony.  

Thank God the cop did not die and the shop clerk did not get riddled with lead.  

End the insane war on drugs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It was a customer they were coming in to arrest.

Which begs the question, why the hell didn't they wait for him to come out again? Its not like he was going into a supermarket with a couple or three exits, he wasn't likely to be slipping out the back door. They don't exactly sound like the kind of store owners that let people trapse through their backroom at will.
View Quote

Same reason they did'nt just wait and arrest koresh when he went to town.
It's all in the JBT mentality.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Would you really want to honor the word of someone that comes in wearing a hood, a jacket with a sewn on badge and a drawn gun?  I mean it could be a new tactic of the bad guys.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

The video tape would have be "non-functioning" if it was not for

"Seconds later, she said, "A lady undercover officer with a mask ran into the store. ... She got shot.""

This one had too many loose ends to cover-up. Now, I would love to see all the original reports filed by the cops that evening. Not the redos after the truth came out but the originals. Everyone of the cops should be suspended for trying to cover it up, along with the supervisors that went along with it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The careless actions taken by LEO's and other affiliated types are having HUGE impacts on our freedoms.

They don't care if you have kids in the house or if an innocent bystander is "accidently" killed.

I mean, most innocent bystanders are just mere "mortals" and are expendable.Their families would just settle for 20,000 and so be it.[sarcasm]Little collatoral damage is no biggie as long as the  "high-fiving" is on the good guys side[/sarcasm]

As long as the drug dealer and the 20 dollar rock are secured and their objectives met at any cost who cares if an innocent is murdered....er,killed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

It appears that, unknown to police, a security camera tape found it's way into a TV station's possession.  There may have been a second, hidden security camera.  Anyway, the initial police-concocted story absolving themselves of any blame fell apart when they were confronted with visual evidence to the contrary.  That's when police PR people went into overdrive on television acting befuddled and refusing to answer questions.  The police screwup even made the front page of the local newspaper today.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]
The older I get, the more cynical I get.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Where can WE get a copy of said tape? Any TV stations been showing it or got it on their websites?

Don't we have a member who works for CNN? Maybe they have a copy?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Fort Worth has a very bad reputation in regard to their often using masks.  They have these multi-jurisditciaonal tasks forces and they commonly are accussed of breaking the law.  They wear masks and Fort Worth will not identify who was at their various raids.  Any citizen trying to bring legal action is really screwed, since they can't even identify who did what.  It is an admitted common practice fo them top tear up everything they can on some of their little jaunts.  Wearing a mask in public in Texas and a lot of places is a felony.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#30]
stupid. stupid. stupid.

war on drugs. military policing. ski masks.

'illegal' .22 pistols in new york.

family dogs shot after the vacationing family is cuffed and stuffed.

we live in crazy times.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top