Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/3/2003 6:39:50 PM EDT
Never fails to amaze me. Wife and I go to a nice Jamacan style restaurant(anniversery), no smoking in dining area, just the bar. And wouldn't you know it, some dumbass women lights up next to us as soon as she sat down. You would think that no ashtrays on the table would be a clue to no smoking. She was nice enough to finish her smoke in the bar after the hostess told her no smoking in dining area. Boy to be so addicted that you can't quit for an hour. Even I can stop talking guns for three.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't even get me started!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Never fails to amaze me. Wife and I go to a nice Jamacan style restaurant(anniversery), no GUNS in dining area, just the PARKING LOT. And wouldn't you know it, some dumbass women IS CARRYING CONCEALED. You would think that THE SIGN ON THE DOOR would be a clue to no CCW. She was nice enough to TAKE HER GUN TO THE CAR after the hostess told her no CCW in dining area. Boy to be so PARANOID that you can't quit BEING ARMED for an hour. Even I can stop talking HOW GORE WAS ROBBED OF THE ELECTION for three.
View Quote

How about a nice Canteen Cup of STFU!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
reminds me of the scene in one of the police academy movies....good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
crybaby
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
One time we were at a BAR (no less) and some schmuck asked me to put out the clove cigarette I was smoking because he didn't like the smell.

I lit another one and smoked two of them at the same time while.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One time we were at a BAR (no less) and some schmuck asked me to put out the clove cigarette I was smoking because he didn't like the smell.

I lit another one and smoked two of them at the same time while.
View Quote

Cloves...I haven't thought about those things in a long time. I have never understood why people complain about the way those things smell, I think they smell good. In any case, screw em if they don't like it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if my lip full of Skoal is offensive to non dippers? Hmmmm
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't smoke, but if somebody wants to light, I don't have any problem with it. Except that I do have to suffer the smell of tabacco smoke in my clothes when in the presence of smokers.
HOWEVER..HOWEVER..I must make a huge complaint on one thing about many smokers. Why are so many of them such slobs and careless? What I mean is, if I threw a piece of paper or a soda can on the ground, I'd be littering, but when a smoker throws his cigarette out on the ground, then no big deal, he/she is just putting out his/her cigarette. And I do swear, the next asshole smoker driving in front of me, who throws his cigarette out his car window and lands in or hits my car will wish he got cancer earlier.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't smoke nor do I like to be around second hand smoke. Due to the recent tax increases I encourage those who smoke to keep on going.

Thank you for padding the pockets of our politicans so they don't force so much from me.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder if my lip full of Skoal is offensive to non dippers? Hmmmm
View Quote

No....but about that empty coke can you're using for a spitoon. Do you have to set it down next to my recently opened can of Coke?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't smoke nor do I like to be around second hand smoke. Due to the recent tax increases I encourage those who smoke to keep on going.

Thank you for padding the pockets of our politicans so they don't force so much from me.

View Quote

And as soon as smokers stop being a revenue base for the same politicians, they'll stop their excessive taxation and actually work within a reasonable budget, right?  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#13]
My biggest complaint about tobacco is the same as AIDs - it takes too long to do it's job!!

Some smokers are considerate and do not blow there offensive poison in my face, those I have little trouble with.  Those who can't read or refuse to accept the fact there are laws that protect US from THEM make me want to ......  Lets just say, there are laws that protect THEM from ME!  I think it should me made legal for ANY citizen to use deadly force to counter deadly smoke and enforce the no smoking areas.  That seems fair to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it should me made legal for ANY citizen to use deadly force to counter deadly smoke and enforce the no smoking areas.  That seems fair to me.
View Quote

[whacko]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My biggest complaint about tobacco is the same as AIDs - it takes too long to do it's job!!

Some smokers are considerate and do not blow there offensive poison in my face, those I have little trouble with.  Those who can't read or refuse to accept the fact there are laws that protect US from THEM make me want to ......  Lets just say, there are laws that protect THEM from ME!  I think it should me made legal for ANY citizen to use deadly force to counter deadly smoke and enforce the no smoking areas.  That seems fair to me.
View Quote

FU
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
As we say in Amish Country,  (where we raise tobacco(.  

FAULKEN  BLOOOWWWHHH  MAAAAHHHHH ...!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Micky

I'm with you Bud!

I would like a law to protect us non-smokers from the bad guys.  The law would give us the right to open carry 1911s.  If a dumbass smoker would lite up near you you could shoot the stupid sonofabitch.  Besides saving the life of the non-smokers there would be other benefits.  The cost of health care would go down and the quality of the gene pool in the United States would be greatly enhanced.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll add that much of the "evidence" of the inherent deadliness of second hand tobacco smoke has been completely debunked.  It stinks to hell, but it simply isn't "deadly" to anyone who comes in contact with it. To advocate murdering someone because they smoke is bordering on insane. Then again, smoking is kinda crazy too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Micky

I'm with you Bud!

I would like a law to protect us non-smokers from the bad guys.  The law would give us the right to open carry 1911s.  If a dumbass smoker would lite up near you you could shoot the stupid sonofabitch.  Besides saving the life of the non-smokers there would be other benefits.  The cost of health care would go down and the quality of the gene pool in the United States would be greatly enhanced.
View Quote

Now this is truly funny, and I don't even smoke.
I don't necessarily disagree with people who get pissed when somebody fires up a butt in the non-smoking section of a restaraunt.  It irritates me too.  But now to advocate shooting smokers on the spot because they "light up near you"?!?  
Ever try walking away from the offender if you're outside?  If you're in a restaraunt, call your waiter over to handle it, since you obviously overreact to these situations.

And the idea that smokers are the "bad guys"...no really, I like that concept...I wonder how many 2nd amendment supporters there are who also smoke.   Maybe we should just shoot 'em because they are a blight on society, and an obvious hazard to your health.  The "statistics" and "studies" say so.
Hint:  See a pattern in your thinking here?

Health care?  Let's see...where did that big tobacco company settlement go?  [rolleyes]
Here's a unique idea:  Let's spend the settlement money on what it was designated for in the first place.
I know it's radical idea, but who knows?  Maybe people will start to understand that the folks who can afford $3 or $4 a pack for smokes probably already have insurance.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I bet some of you guys believe in the second hand smoke causing cancer.

WEll since this is one os congressman Waxmans ( you know ferret face)  favorite subjects, along with banning 50BMG rifles. I think it bears a little closer scrutiny.

[url]http://www.smokingsection.com/issues1.html#smoke[/url]

Since many cannot or will not take the time to seperate the hype from fact, and facts are few and far between.  You will get hysteria.

[red]The underlying philosophy at work here is that the end justifies the means;that since a smoke-free society is deemed to be a worthy goal, manipulationof data and even lies are permissible in achieving it.[/red] The EPA officialresponsible for the report admitted in "Science" magazine (7/31/92) that"she and her colleagues had engaged in some fancy statistical footwork" inorder to arrive at the indictment of ETS. The opinions of dissenting EPAscientists were ignored, and references to works not in accordance with theEPA position were omitted from the bibliography of the report. Finally, those gainsayers who actually manage to make themselves heard are refuted not withdata and reason but with character assassination.
View Quote
 ---http://www.smokingsection.com/issues1.html#smoke

Do these anti smokers sound like anti gunners?  

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Ban smoking. Its for the good of us all that they be forced to stop by the Government.

[):)]

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ban smoking. Its for the good of us all that they be forced to stop by the Government.

[):)]

View Quote

That won't EVER happen. There is too much revenue in the taxes for them to even consider it. Look how hard it is to get even a miniscule reduction in the income tax rate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Ahhh yes, we have stepped into the fresh pile of dogshit known as "smokers rights".

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The law would give us the right to open carry 1911s.  If a dumbass smoker would lite up near you you could shoot the stupid sonofabitch.  Besides saving the life of the non-smokers there would be other benefits.  The cost of health care would go down and the quality of the gene pool in the United States would be greatly enhanced.
View Quote

This is all part of Darwinism.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The line on making it legal to use deadly force is almost not funny.  Maybe you should work on including people who drive cars due to the polution it causes or people who burn fires in their fireplaces.  Do you live in Berkeley?  If not, you should look into a relocation package, it may be just the thing for you.  
View Quote

I used to work with a guy who was a chain smoker, even has cigarette lit even if is he not puffing it, and it filled my cube with smoke; it got to the point where it was so bad  I had to get a fan to blow the smoke back at him.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#29]
im a smoker but I am considerate of other people,I don't smoke in my house, my truck or other people house if they smoke I will go outside unless they tell me different.
if I go out to eat I sit in the non-smoking part because I don't like to be around people that smoke while I eat.i still but my cig. butts in my pocket when out in public.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]
if someone wants to smoke that is their own business,
they should be allowed to smoke just as much as we have the right to bear arms-this is a free country
the crap about second hand smoke is just that.
i just hate that some smokers just throw their cig butts any and everywhere.

btw. i dont smoke.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ahhh yes, we have stepped into the fresh pile of dogshit known as "smokers rights".

View Quote

Who said anything about rights?
Smokers shouldn't have any more right to smoke in public than you should have a right to fart in public.  
And the Sierra Club is hot on the trail of the carcinogens in methane gas  [:D]
[url]http://www.sierraclub.org/toxics/brownfields/dobbsferry.asp[/url]

Maybe you should turn in all of your ammo because it contains dangerous heavy metals that can leech into the groundwater our children drink.  Is your shooting hobby really important enough to poison tens of thousands of youngsters?  
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Cig smoke does not bother me, barely seem to smell it.

Those guys with the "El Ropo" cigars on the other hand,  nastiest things on this earth.

DON"T let friends smoke cheap cigars.  I'd sooner suffer thru a room full of CS.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't mind if people smoke and I don't support legislation to regulate it. Yes, its a filthy smelly rotten puking habit, but hey, if you want to poison yourself to feed your addiction, go for it, knock yourself out.
Just don't make me breath it. Thats when your right to poison yourself ends.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't mind if people smoke and I don't support legislation to regulate it. Yes, its a filthy smelly rotten puking habit, but hey, if you want to poison yourself to feed your addiction, go for it, knock yourself out.
View Quote

AGREED!

They have a right to smoke.  However I have rights too.  Their rights end where mine begin. I have a right to not be sneezing, coughing, and smell like ass while in a public establishment.  I won't get into the health issues brought on by second hand smoke.  Despite what info may be out there I'm very skeptical that it doesn't have some negative impact on people's health.  If they'd like to smoke in their house, their car, etc that's fine with me.  

I beleive that here in FL the are banning smoking in all public establishments starting in July.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The line on making it legal to use deadly force is almost not funny.  Maybe you should work on including people who drive cars due to the polution it causes or people who burn fires in their fireplaces.  Do you live in Berkeley?  If not, you should look into a relocation package, it may be just the thing for you.  
View Quote

I used to work with a guy who was a chain smoker, even has cigarette lit even if is he not puffing it, and it filled my cube with smoke; it got to the point where it was so bad  I had to get a fan to blow the smoke back at him.
View Quote

It seems to me, you are taking the lowest common denominator and passing your prejudice against a whole group of people.   Sound familiar?

People smoking in a non-designated smoking area is not correct behavior.  I think that it is a slipery slope you walk on when a whole group of judged by a few bad individuals.  

I do not let people run their cars in my house and I don't let them smoke there.  What year were you working when this person subjected you to these conditions?

edited since I can't spell.  Maybe I should be shot for that as well.
View Quote

Sorry if I offended you. But this was the mid-80s before we had laws concerning smoking indoors. I would ask the fellow to not smoke because of the poor ventilation system in the building, but of course, it was pretty much ignored. The problem was that the vent system would blow the smoke into my cube and not in the smoker's cube, and in my cube is where the smoke sat. The smoke was so heavy, it would make my eyes burn, and caused my breathing labored. I would go home, and my wife would ask me, have I been smoking? So I had to resort to the fan as matter of self-preservation.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Whoowh Dude, let me slip on my Birkenstocks and drop a hit of this L-25 before I engage you in conversation. It's like I can tell you are going to be a bummer to talk to man. Always with the negitive waves dude.

I don't care is a smoker smokes. I just want my right to not to have to smell that fucking shit!
If I go to a bar I expect to come home smelling like beer, ciggys and cheap perfume. Well, ok, not the cheap perfume part.
If I go to eat at a restaraunt that is a non-smoking establisment then I expect that smokers will respect the rules.

I follow one rule, and that is: You can live without smoking, I can't live without breathing.

Both lead and tobacco are found in nature. Tobacco will not burn unless it is lit, so if it left alone it will, for the most part just die, decay and become mulch for next years plant.
Lead just lays in the ground.
Quoted:
Smokers shouldn't have any more right to smoke in public than you should have a right to fart in public.  
Maybe you should turn in all of your ammo because it contains dangerous heavy metals that can leech into the groundwater our children drink.  Is your shooting hobby really important enough to poison tens of thousands of youngsters?  
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I used to smoke (quit 9 years ago, but smoked for 12...used to chew as well)

At a company function of my wife's...we woulnd up sitting at a table with four women that we didn't know...one asked if we minded if they smoked...I replied, "Nah I don't mind, do you mind if I spit?" ....they laughed and though it was a joke. One lights up and takes a deep pull  and exhales right in my face. Not once but twice. I asked if she would blow her smoke in a differnt direction, and not in my face. She ignored me. I put a fresh dip of Skoal in, normally I would swallow in prescence of other people, but not tonight. I used the empty water glass and started spitting in it. She got all pissed at me for doing something disgusting like that. I told her if she blew smoke in ny face one more time, I'd spit in HER glass, then in her food and then in her hair.

They moved to a different table after that. My wife said that was funny, but don't ever do it again. Hey, it worked.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

BINGO! We have a Bingo!

My only beef with smokers is tossing the damn things everywhere and making me smell it when I specifically choose to go to a no smoking area.

The latter happened recently in a bar/restaurant. A friend and I went to the no smoking restaruant part when a couple of guys came in from the bar. I just mentioned to them that it was a no smoking section and they appologized. No biggie.

Manners and a little common sense go along way to defusing bad situations, friends.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't smoke cigarets. Never have never will, but I do enjoy a good cigar or a pipe now and then. I've been researching anti-smoking ideas and new laws enforcing them and I found that the Anti-smoking people, are the same as the anti-gun people.

It's all about power and money. Nothing is logical, or 'safe'. NYC just got bashed with its smoking ban that is crazy! It is now illegal to smoke in a public place with 2 exeptions. In Oregon you can't smoke in a resturant or bar, office or store, stadium or business. Unless its a smoke shop or they have the latest air filters running, and even then, the company can't have employee's.

It boils down to freedom. Do you support people taking freedom away?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Micky

I'm with you Bud!

View Quote

Well, aren't you guys just a couple of [s]pansyas[/s]... badasses.

bla bla bla...if you smoke around me, I'm gonna shoot you...bla bla bla

It takes a [b]BIG[/b] man to talk like that. You're a joke. You don't have the nuts to shoot someone...
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Whoowh Dude, let me slip on my Birkenstocks and drop a hit of this L-25 before I engage you in conversation. It's like I can tell you are going to be a bummer to talk to man. Always with the negitive waves dude.
View Quote

Hehehe.  Way to start off an intelligent reply.
And although I actually do have long hair, I've never worn Birkenstocks, gone to a Phish concert, advocated hemp for it's "industrial uses", worn anything tie-dyed, thrown red paint on somebody wearing a fur coat, slept in the branches of a redwood tree for a year, protested the use of nuclear power, or joined PETA.  In fact, I consider vegetables to be a side dish, not a main course.  I don't believe that "Make love, not war" is a valid foriegn policy.  I take a shower every morning, and again when I finish work in the evening.  I clip my toenails and clean the dirt from under my fingernails (and I don't use my teeth to perform either task).  I also shave every morning, except for that strip of hair above my upper lip, which I'm seriously considering removing.  I wear anti-perspirant since I don't believe that sharing your BO with others is the height of good manners.  
I drive an older, gas-guzzling truck that pollutes the air with hydrocarbons, and I'm proud of it.
People make money cutting down trees and selling me lumber so I can build cabinets for wealthy people who will likely want to remodel their kitchens and media rooms again in less than two years (or as soon as the divorce goes through and the wife, who will get the home, wants everything ripped out so she can start "fresh").
The hardest recreational drug I've ever done is Bacardi 151, and I won't try that again.  

I also don't know what L-25 is, but I'm guessing it's LSD?  Isn't it strange that you know more about recreational pharmaceuticals than I do (what with me being a hippie freak, and all)?

I don't care is a smoker smokes. I just want my right to not to have to smell that fucking shit!
If I go to a bar I expect to come home smelling like beer, ciggys and cheap perfume. Well, ok, not the cheap perfume part.
If I go to eat at a restaraunt that is a non-smoking establisment then I expect that smokers will respect the rules.
View Quote

I agree with you.  As I said, I don't smoke.
But I still don't see where anybody has mentioned anything about "smokers' rights".

I follow one rule, and that is: You can live without smoking, I can't live without breathing.
View Quote

That must simplify your life significantly.

Both lead and tobacco are found in nature. Tobacco will not burn unless it is lit, so if it left alone it will, for the most part just die, decay and become mulch for next years plant.
Lead just lays in the ground.
View Quote

And the whole analogy just flew right by you, didn't it?  

Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Micky

I'm with you Bud!

View Quote

Yeah and I think we should pass a law keeping dumb fucks from being allowed to post on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Boy, we all believe in the second amendment, but if I smoke and throw my cigarette butt on the ground, you want to get up tight and shoot me?? 1. the butt is bio-degradable since it all comes from nature, 2. odds are you'll eat XD 40 before you can finish wrinkling your nose. I smoke in designated smoking areas, am polite with my smoke, and generally believe in not messing with others and not wanting to be messed with. Just cause some old fart ticked you off one time is no reason to blame me. I am an individual, not a class of people.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
1. the butt is bio-degradable since it all comes from nature
2. odds are you'll eat XD 40 before you can finish wrinkling your nose.
View Quote

Are they really, I've found cig butts buried in dirt that had to have been there many many years and they looked just the same, only dirty.  Also what's XD 40 and why would I eat it....
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
1. the butt is bio-degradable since it all comes from nature
2. odds are you'll eat XD 40 before you can finish wrinkling your nose.
View Quote

Are they really, I've found cig butts buried in dirt that had to have been there many many years and they looked just the same, only dirty.  Also what's XD 40 and why would I eat it....
View Quote

So you don't think paper and cotton are biodegradeable?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Smoke em if ya gottem, bum em if ya don't...

don't smkoe myself but couldn't help but post this line I heard alot awhile back...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top