Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 6:27:36 PM EDT
I had a stunning realization today that connected Ice Trays to the Anti-Gun Movement in the United States. My story is probably not terribly different from what many of us experience on a daily basis, but when considered it will show why the Anti-Gun Movement has been able to accomplish so much in eroding our rights here in the United States.

My wife prepared dinner this evening as I finished catching up on the news. She fixed a decent meal, a prepackaged frozen meal and some packaged rolls on the side. We sat at the dining room table, as is our tradition, and enjoyed our meals. I was drinking a Coca-Cola in a can which had been in the refrigerator.

When I finished the can of Coke I was still thirsty, and went to the refrigerator for another. There were none left in the refrigerator. There was another 12 pack in the cabinet that had not found its way to the refrigerator at this point. I grabbed another can and pulled a glass from the cabinet. I don’t like warm soft drinks, so I went to the freezer to grab some ice.

There it was, starring me in the face, several empty ice trays and an 8-pound bag of ice.

It was at that moment when I realized how desperate the situation had truly become. Not the situation with my drink, or the empty ice trays: No, the situation which most of us find ourselves in every day. I realized at that moment how truly lazy we had become and how it wouldn’t normally bother me to get ice out of a bag. However, it would only take 30 seconds to fill the ice trays when they are empty and put them back in the freezer. It wasn’t that I couldn’t do it; it was that I didn’t do it.

Then I thought about the Anti-Gun movement here in the United States. It isn’t that we can’t fight back; it’s just that most of us don’t. Oh, we know how…. We all know how to fill ice trays too… We know who our representatives are, we know who are Senators are, and we know how to write letters. We know how to hold a demonstration. We know how to make noise about policies we don’t believe in, policies which are unconstitutional. We know how to do many of these things; the trouble is we don’t do them. No, if most of us do anything, we throw a few dollars to the NRA or the GOA. As for me, I think it’s about time to fill some ice trays.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how Venon_Inc feels about this?

ah nevermind, I'm sure he'll be on this shortly.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=162661[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wonder how Venon_Inc feels about this?

ah nevermind, I'm sure he'll be on this shortly.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=162661[/url]
View Quote

Don't be such a moron there Johnny. He and I happen to work night shift together in the same office and have a little friendly competition going.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#3]
What's the competition?  Who can make the most consecutive posts without taking a breath?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What's the competition?  Who can make the most consecutive posts without taking a breath?
View Quote

something like that
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Why dont you just buy a fucking icemaker and keep my ass employed?

Edited to add: [;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
[:)] I too have a bag of ice sitting next to a couple empty ice trays.  I think I'll fill them when I get home.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[:)] I too have a bag of ice sitting next to a couple empty ice trays.  I think I'll fill them when I get home.
View Quote

I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS!!!

[b]HELLO????????????[/b]

Its the 21st Century!!!! A lot of refrigerators have the plugs and brackets ready in the freezer! BUY THE KIT and put in the icemaker.

Let me put it to you this way. You buy an AR15 and it has a little tiny place that if you clip in an attachment it will make your rifle shoot full auto (Of course if it were legal) Would you do it?

SURE YOU WOULD!

[;)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

She fixed a decent meal, a prepackaged frozen meal and some packaged rolls on the side.
View Quote

This is what's really disturbing about your post[%|]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Its the 21st Century!!!! A lot of refrigerators have the plugs and brackets ready in the freezer! BUY THE KIT and put in the icemaker.
View Quote

Most of the people I know don't have ice makers.  They're expensive for something you can do without.  I went with my sister-in-law about two months ago to buy a refrigerator at Sears.  She bought a Galaxy for $309 (normally $349) plus tax.  An ice maker for it was $100.  That's nearly a third of the price of the entire refrigerator for just the ice maker!  Is it really smart to spend 30% more on a large ticket item just for a convenience?z
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I usually let all eight trays get empty. And I always use ice. Six cubes per drink.....

Scott

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#11]
What if there was a law from 1994 that said you could only buy ice trays made out of plastic, and they could only make 8 cubes, and there could not be release handle for the cubes, only twisting of the tray allowed.

You could still buy ice trays made out of metal if you were law enforecement or military, or if you owned them before the ban.

And it would not be illegal to put a 12 cube divider from a preban tray into a postban plastic tray.

Fully automatic ice makers and dispensers would require a tax stamp and the permission of the local law enforecment, but they had to have been made and registered before 1986.
[BD]

Quoted:
[;)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What if there was a law from 1994 that said you could only buy ice trays made out of plastic, and they could only make 8 cubes, and there could not be release handle for the cubes, only twisting of the tray allowed.

You could still buy ice trays made out of metal if you were law enforecement or military, or if you owned them before the ban.

And it would not be illegal to put a 12 cube divider from a preban tray into a postban plastic tray.

Fully automatic ice makers and dispensers would require a tax stamp and the permission of the local law enforecment, but they had to have been made and registered before 1986.
[BD]

Quoted:
[;)]
View Quote
View Quote

DUDE!!! Dont do this to me! My head is SLIGHTLY spinning due to the JD I am drinking!

Never thought of what you just said!

WHOA! What a trip. PRE BAN ICEMAKERS!!!

It could happen....IT COULD!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I CANT BELIEVE YOU GUYS!!!

[b]HELLO????????????[/b]

Let me put it to you this way. You buy an AR15 and it has a little tiny place that if you clip in an attachment it will make your rifle shoot full auto (Of course if it were legal) Would you do it?

SURE YOU WOULD!

[;)]
View Quote

Is it bad that I have an ice maker in my fridge, but am just too lazy to hook it up?

I do fill the ice trays though! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to keep a bag of ice on the table, but somebody kept stealing the cubes.  I now hide the bag in the freezer and the theft has ended.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#16]
There are such things as pre-ban commodes!!!!!!

jd1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top