Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 7:08:43 AM EDT

[url]http://www.questionabledoctors.org/[/url]

Mine is listed, but I didn't subscribe to find out what his allegations are. [rolleyes] I know he's a quack, but he's there for drugs if I ever need them.

I am not affiliated with this site in any way..  just found it interesting  

The Wolf
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have to pay to use this?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone I suspected is on there.  He gave me stitches in my head one time in his basement.  He's a real shitbag, but when you need some threadwork done, you take what you can get.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you have to pay to use this?
View Quote

Phil,  you can look to see if your doctor is on the list for free.. [:)]

But you'll have to pay a fee to find out what the goodies are against them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I have real concerns about this site.  I did a search on a Virginia doctor who I know has been disciplined by the Virginia Board of Medicine.  His name did not come up.  If one does a search on the VBM web site (a free site I might add) his name comes up showing at least one medical malpractice verdict and two settlements for med mal.  It would appear that the absence of a doctor from the subscription site is no real assurance the doctor is safe.  In truth, the matters listed on the official web sites maintained by the state agencies that supervise doctors are typically sanitized versions of what really happened and represent only the tip of the iceberg of that doctor's incompetence.  

It is generally accepted that medical malpractice causes more deaths annually that auto accidents.  It is unfortunate that consumers are not afforded sufficient information regarding their physician to determine whether they should let that doctor touch them with a barge pole.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
A better place to check is your state's governing and licensing boards. They are usually different for MDs and DOs. For MDs in Arizona check here:

[url]http://bomex.org/getlicense.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The Dr. who repaired my busted back is on there.

I found out about two-weeks after the surgery that he had performed surgery, prior, while intoxictaed on other patients.

Fortunetly, my back is ok and all the work performed was and is stable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
My doctor is there, both in New York and Florida.

I know the circumstances in New York. His secretary messed up and signed something for him she shouldn't have, and they accused him of fraud. Complete bullshit.

Here in Florida I can't say, but I'd still trust him with my life any day of the week. He's saved my father from certain death no less than three times, and helped me when I had my back problems and my Navy doctors (socialized medicine, anyone?) wouldn't listen.

I just don't feel like paying $10 for what should be public information. Does anyone know where we can get this stuff for free? (Directly from the government, for instance?)
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Directory of State Medical & Osteopathic Boards
[url]http://www.docboard.org/dosmob.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe bad doctors should be exposed and I applaud them for attempting so.
Unfortunately not [b]every[/b] doctor listed is bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top