Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 6:36:26 PM EDT
We used to years ago... (We lived on a farm miles from nowhere)

I haven't done so in twenty some years, but I hear shots every year... is it you?[?]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought I heard about six or seven shots fired in succession yesterday night but no police sirens afterwards. It didn't really sound like fireworks either.  Not only that, he was a day late too.

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't mean to imply that we were anything but safe...

We used the same safe practices we always did... There was just something cool about it when I was a kid that's all...
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
No.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say that anyone who shoots up into the air to celebrate the new year is a fucking tard, but that would be a grave insult to the mentally handicaped.  So instead I'll say that anyone who shoots up into the air is an irresponsible and dangerous shitbag instead.

Edit to add:

I did hear a few shitbags around the stroke of midnight though.  What a great way to celebrate a new year; knowing that you might have lobbed a chunk of copper and lead into someone's car or head miles away.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I went shooting on New Years Eve and no I'm not a fucking "tard." My friend and I were quite safe, we shot a several Chemlights that were up against a well known back stop at a gun range and practiced all normal "day time" safety measures..We had a blast...and learned a lot a about flash hiders and which are most effective...Thanks..
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I used to but haven't done that in over 20 years.  I always shot into the ground. Its not too safe to fire into the air.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I am sure people at the HUN FARM were firing rounds, but not necessarily into the air.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Shotguns in the air dont hurt anything, or do you city fellas just shout "BANG" when you hunt?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was living in a rural area we would fire blank shotgun rounds but I would never fire a live round into the air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top