Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 5:08:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
28$ That's it? A mere drop in the bucket. Parking fines in NYC are $110.00 and up [shock]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not a ticket, or citation or a fine. It's a [size=4]TAX[/size=4].
Never forget that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
For leaving his lights on????
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=ticket01m0&date=20030101&query=parking+ticket[/url]

My car's lights are automatically [b]depressed or dimmed[/b] when the ignition is cut, so I guess I'd get off the hook, but this is silly.

JAW
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
mETEr maids are part of the scum of society.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Still, "For the life of me, I can't figure out what the public-safety issue is," Seth said. "I mean, is a small child going to walk too near to your lights and be vaporized?"
View Quote

Haha
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's not a ticket, or citation or a fine. It's a [size=4]TAX[/size=4].
Never forget that.
View Quote

You speak the truth!

This kind of chicken shit stuff pisses me off! [:(!]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:28:41 AM EDT
[#9]
out of control.

[enraged]Idiots not even gonna contest it...hes scum too.[/enraged]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What kind of law is this that he is breaking? Who is going to be hurt by someone leaving their lights on besides them in the event that their battery dies? And what is it with the " We can ticket for this so we do?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not a ticket, or citation or a fine. It's a TAX.
View Quote

I mentioned this on a car board several years ago and the LEOs came unglued.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#12]
thank you for paying your tax.

sincerely,
the dept. of revenue enhancement
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
What is up with idiots driving with their parking lights only?!  Changing lanes without turn signal use?  Multiple lane changes?  But tickets are written for revenue primarily and for safety secondarily so I answered my own question.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
-snip- "We can cite for this, so we do. Merry Christmas." and handed him a ticket for 28$. [b]The guy isnt even gonna protest it! WTF![/b]
View Quote

[b][i]Got Balls?[/b][/i]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's not a ticket, or citation or a fine. It's a TAX.
View Quote

I mentioned this on a car board several years ago and the LEOs came unglued.

Eddie
View Quote

The LEO (Law Enforcement Officers) would come unplugged. The are tax assesors but really do not like being called one. You see it's all about a title. We no longer have plumbers, A/C repair men or mechanics, they are "technicians". It makes them feel more important than the traditional names.

Peace Officers would have no problem with what you said because they are out there to protect the "peace" of the community, not to write a citation(tax) for some stupid law or code someone dreamed up. They may ask you to please turn off your lights next time, but wouldn't write a ticket for it. You also will not find a Peace officer writing a ticket for a mile or two over the limit, LEO will in a heart beat. It's hard to tell the difference between a LEO and a Peace Officer until you have had an encounter with one, then you'll know which catagory he fits into.

If LEO want the respect of the community that they think they deserve, they should start acting like Peace Officers and they will earn the repect.

Many years ago the public assumed that most police employees we Peace officers, nad occasionally you would run into Barney type LEO. Now, the public typically sees the Barneys and occasionally runs into the Peace officer. Sad but true.

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
follow the meter maid around and when he/she spits on the street ... smack his/her ass .. when heshe comes to.. inforn him you have performed a citizens arrest.. doesnt every city have that old odd law about spitting on the sidewalk?

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top