Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2003 12:46:50 PM EDT
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgCvBIkTiZOoRAdG7ZIU9j2RYgxZ2ubN*lgpEsnQ4WjM0r2m94eV6f2YfeKc1RwwDDJe0zmDUlQgD*VQ9xAeGMpNrx4I0Oy4NYbVok3JWcc/DCP_1593.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgDoBIoTxpOoRAdG7ZIU9qbmRvkj9UBeJCxhGsykmA*47gbsXD9I4v9qi*yDv2rBDwow1TyL!IbM2pOLRQTSe2LKG3TNzTkRKYNQWDuc7ho/DCP_1594.JPG[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAAAI0TfZSoRAdG7ZIU9qZaKvDvBBmyKqNjDsBJLGDbv9twQUWcaH1gceRkcVgvQZDRKwIVi7t!EH2U*f6wN1h3OkpEXamxso4dtrkRqGo/DCP_1597.JPG[/img]

Cav15 16" Lightweight with Short Stock.

This is my first Cav15 and I gotta say the thing is totally portable. This will be my new mud and rain gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice SteyrAUG,

Is that the Rem 870 Police Magnum?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!!!

But, where's the sidearm?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very nice SteyrAUG,

Is that the Rem 870 Police Magnum?
View Quote

Yeah, 2 shot ext. and 3" magnum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice!!!

But, where's the sidearm?
View Quote

One in my tac vest, the other in the holster.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Love them CAV-15's!
On another point, why does the shotty have an Express fore-arm? Looks like an 870 Express HD (not that there's anything wrong with that!).
Just curious as I'm thinking of buying an 870 Police Magnum and didn't want to be surprised.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love them CAV-15's!
On another point, why does the shotty have an Express fore-arm? Looks like an 870 Express HD (not that there's anything wrong with that!).
Just curious as I'm thinking of buying an 870 Police Magnum and didn't want to be surprised.
View Quote

Actually it's a Express Magnum dressed out tactical. Even though Remington don't like that. True P models are parkerized and I actually didn't want that. Also most P models are wood furniture, another thing I didn't want. I'm not sure if the 870 P Synthetic uses the same forearm or not.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Exactly when is the SHTF going to happen?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!
Between those two I"m partial to the Remington shotgun, assuming the S is going to HTF at close range [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Exactly when is the SHTF going to happen?
View Quote

When you ain't ready for it. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
SA I did an express up very similarly. I put an 18' rifle sighted barrel on it. You did drill out those dimples in the mag tube right? My bro put one together and put it back in the box. Had never fully loaded it untill we went to the range. I laughed my ass off. "It only holds four!!!"

Very nice setup! Is yours the "HD" version or straight Express?

Here are mine;
[img]http://www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/870.jpg[/img]
870 now has synthetic Speedfeed stocks and a sidesaddle. I want to Vang Comp it but $$$$$$!!!!!!!!
[img]http://www.gulftel.com/tnolfe/XM-15.jpg[/img]
She wants an ACOG on top... Again, $$$$$!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love them CAV-15's!
View Quote

Actually it's a Express Magnum dressed out tactical. Even though Remington don't like that. True P models are parkerized and I actually didn't want that. Also most P models are wood furniture, another thing I didn't want. I'm not sure if the 870 P Synthetic uses the same forearm or not.
View Quote

Additionally, the Police mod is a good bit heavier than the Express. Some more robust parts I guess...??? I'd prefer to carry my "Express Tactical" over my issued 870P but that is not an option.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice. I need to get mine together. You never know when the SHTF!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SA I did an express up very similarly. I put an 18' rifle sighted barrel on it. You did drill out those dimples in the mag tube right? My bro put one together and put it back in the box. Had never fully loaded it untill we went to the range. I laughed my ass off. "It only holds four!!!"

Very nice setup! Is yours the "HD" version or straight Express?
ACOG on top... Again, $$$$$!!!!!!!
View Quote

Actually mine is kinda a civie LE tactical version. It came from the factory "as is." But it is NOT in the Remington catalog.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice. I would have switched to the Cav Arms, but I have a preban, so I'm not going to buy a postban. In two years...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool AUG, I just noticed the avatar and the dealer thingy under your name.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Very nice. I would have switched to the Cav Arms, but I have a preban, so I'm not going to buy a postban. In two years...
View Quote

I just can't use a preban for grunt work.

The Cav15 is a perfect crap situation gun.

It is very portable, even without the collapsable stock.

It is cheap and replacable. Not too valuable for actual work.

It doesn't look gay, like many postbans.

Being a poly lower it is maintenance friendly.

My old SHTF gun was a AK74. A decent SHTF gun but the Cav should prove "almost" as reliable under crap situations with more accuracy. Also the Cav is lighter and chambered for a more common round.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Actually mine is kinda a civie LE tactical version. It came from the factory "as is." But it is NOT in the Remington catalog.
View Quote

I was wondering what was up with that myself.  I've got the exact same 870, but have never seen Rem say anything about it either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top