Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 11:52:31 AM EDT
I posted a few days ago about my Granddad being sent to the Hospital an ambulance for congestive heart failure (which I understand is excess fluid in the heart and lungs).

Now he's in the ICU...

First he was givin pills to make him piss every 10 minutes or so. That night he woke up in the middle of the night, after my Grandma left, and fell while trying to get to the bathroom, breaking his leg in 3 places.

They had to do surgery and put some rods in his leg Tuesday morning.

He is now having kinda "hallucinations" and is disoriented and confused, and according to Grandma, not making any sense at all.

On top of all this BS, now they are saying his kidneys are failing as well.

I am [pissed] about this.  

Evidently, the heart thing was just something that got bad over time, but he was fine the other day before breaking his leg, and now he can't think straight, and his kidney's are F#@$in up??

I just spent Christmas with the whole family, and he wasn't in the absolute best of health, but everything seemed fine... He made grits and sausage for breakfast and all was grand...
WTF, over.

As I mentioned before, he is the most upstanding man I know.  Never heard him say the first cuss-word, not once, doesn't drink (ever, maybe even never has), goes to church fairly regular for his age, taught me a great deal about life in general, he was also in the Korean War in the Army infantry...and seen plenty of shit he don't want to talk about ,I can just tell he doesn't want to talk about it... I had to shut my dad up one day when he asked my granddad if he ever had to throw a grenade in combat...

I'm ramblin now, but I love this man, and have the utmost respect for him and the strong moral character he stands for and instilled in my father and later to me.

I hope everything comes out OK... I just don't feel like it is his time to go quite yet... I really hope he hangs around long enough for my kids to know what a great man he is, and perhaps learn a little from him too!!!

I pray that his time be further down the line, and all at once in his sleep...I know it happens all the time, but he doesn't deserve this slow organ failure one by one type BS...        

I ask that you send a little prayer to the Lord that he may heal my Granddad back to half decent health AND for my Grandmother who could use some strength through all this.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bign, I don't want to throw any water on hope, because miracles can and do happen. However, when the kidneys start to go in conjunction with everything else, well... you know what's up. You don't need anyone telling you the bad shit. Sometimes we see it - but we have a hard time accepting it.

I lost my grandad last march. He was a good man. Strong, wise, gentle, a true kindred spirit.

My wife and I don't have any children, so any offspring will likely never get to meet their great grandparents (I have 2 left). I have to just trust that the influence they had on me early in life is translated into something worthwhile that I can demonstrate to my kids.

I do know the regret you feel in a way though. My great-uncle was one of the most powerful influences on my life. My wife never got the opportunity to meet him. He died in January and I met her in March. I really gets to me sometimes because I refer to him all the time, but she only knows him through our words.

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa's condition. I will pray for you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
My mother was in and out of the hospital for 10 years.

After the 2nd time she got the wrong medication and almost died a nurse told us to never leave her alone and check every bit of medication she was given. My father and us 3 adult kids took turn staying with her24/7 when she was in and out of hospitals. We learned the nurses are way over worked and burned out to the point of not caring sometimes. In ten year my mom spent 3 years in the hospital at different times and we caught many mistakes from people taking her for CAT scan when none were ordered. The wrong medications were the most common and some of the mistakes would have killed her.

Sounds like you Grandpa had something for pain and it can make you have hallucinations and become disoriented and confused.[b] It could be as simple as dehydration because he is not drinking because he doesn't want to get up or be a bother with a bedpan. [/b]

The person with him must be firm and never give in when dealing with the hospital if he isnt getting the treament he needs BE LOUD the nurses will hate you but that is the price you pay.

I am not a asshole but I play one in the hospital.

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Prayers sent...
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:53:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Done.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Heavenly Father, please send Your Holy Spirit to assist our brother and his wife. Let Your Most Merciful Hands pass over him and heal him as only You can.

Guide those who minister unto him, keep their minds bright and focused upon what needs to be done regarding his physical ailments.

Give him and his family the strength to endure these dark hours in a dark world. We know that You are the Source of all life and light in this present world. Let this darkness pass and return our brother home to his family.

We bind his illness on this earth and cast it from his body, and have faith that it will be so done in Heaven. On this we agree in Your Most Holy Name.

Forgive us all of our sins and remember them no more. We ask this all in the Name of Jesus, Amen.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:30:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Prayers going out...................
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Bign,
Prayer's are sent brother.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:32:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Done, for all involved.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Message sent!

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Heavenly Father, please send Your Holy Spirit to assist our brother and his wife. Let Your Most Merciful Hands pass over him and heal him as only You can.

Guide those who minister unto him, keep their minds bright and focused upon what needs to be done regarding his physical ailments.

Give him and his family the strength to endure these dark hours in a dark world. We know that You are the Source of all life and light in this present world. Let this darkness pass and return our brother home to his family.

We bind his illness on this earth and cast it from his body, and have faith that it will be so done in Heaven. On this we agree in Your Most Holy Name.

Forgive us all of our sins and remember them no more. We ask this all in the Name of Jesus, Amen.
View Quote

Thank you so much for your kind, well thought out prayer brother Hun, it is appreciated!

Still no update, last word I got was that they we're thinking about dialasis...they didn't give me many details, and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone there with him yet...

Thanks for all the prayers brothers...
[usa]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top