Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 12:36:58 PM EDT
[url]http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I often bless my bowling ball before throwing it down the alley. It must work 'cause it has never failed to come back.....but thus far it has not improved my scores.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the condemned are given quite a bit of time to make their peace with the Almighty.

Too bad they never gave their victims the same opportunity.

But I ain't gonna complain.  I jes' say 'Amen and drop the pellet!'

(Or, here in Texas, 'Push the plunger!')

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I second that, god bless texas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
re: they get all religious at the end

I guess I don't really care what else they get, as long as they get dead.

I hope its all genuine for them, 'cuz that ain't the time to be playin' games.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
God bless the injection. God bless the pellet, and god bless "Ol' Sparky".

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Man.... living in CA all my life...

Texas seems like a great place. No wonder my uncle just picked up and left one day to live in Austin, he loves it there. My cousin followed him shortly after that.

At work there was this hippie, trendy bi, lesbian whatever and said she was gonna move to Canada if Bush was elected. (she never did move) because of all the people he executed.

Ok... did anyone read that page? One guy killed two sisters, 9 years old and 16 years old..

The little one he raped with a fucking beer bottle. Then slahed their throuts. Oh he did do it, because he said he was sorry for doing it.

Shit like that does not deserv to live. It's a shame he only had one life to give and that he died with no pain.

Makes me glad that I went and voted like an American and have a pres that thinks the way I do.

Now if he could just do something about theses gun laws...

-Frank (the spank)
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
And what's with those last meal requests?

Chicken Fried Steak?  Fried Chicken?  Cheeseburgers with bacon?  French Fries?

Don't they know that fried sh!t will kill ya'?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
This is actually one of the biggest reasons I support the Death Penalty. I think it really can force these offenders to realize what they did, take responsibility for their actions, come closer to God, and save themselves from the misery of contemplating their sins for decades. In that sense it's merciful and lets people focus on the eternal in their anticipation of a known death date.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Publius,

I have to agree with you on that but it is fair to state that God tells you in the bible that the death penalty is ok and should be used.
In the 5 books of moses the law is laid out. Even in the new testament Jesus talked about the law and how there was a consiquence to sin. People think God is a whimp. He is not!! He is just and true. These people who do terrible things will not go unpunished. If repentence is sought after by them God will know if it is truthful. No one is getting away with anything in this world. That is the truth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What they get is a pleasurable way to die if you think about it.[left]They have time to prepare for death, unlike thier victims[/left][left]They get a special last meal[/left][left]They get a blessing if desired, from a preist[/left]...What kind of shit is this. I think they get off very easy. I wish I could get all this info in advance before I die.
View Quote

The Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual
punishment and the liberals have twisted its
meaning beyond recognition. The "perks" are to
show the State is humane. Personally I would not feed them 48 hours before the execution so that we don't have to wipe their ass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The Death Penalty is the last ditch stand for the promise of LIFE. If you look at all the DP protesters they are the bunch that want to abort all the babies and even one supposely smart educator wants to have a 30 day period in which to determin where the baby has a chanch to try it in this world.30 days after birth that is. Abort babies Kill all the old people that some one has determined they don't have a guality life, let all the killers go free WHERE IS THIS WORLD GOING
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Funny how they get all religious at the end
View Quote

Better late, than never.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#15]
It's not easy to look death square in the eye and laugh.  Unless it's somebody else's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
You are forgetting one thing. Yes they get their last meal and yes the state is letting a priest give them a blessing. It is not realy a blessing it is a last ditch effort for them to repent. The thing you are missing is that at that last moment they know they will be no more on this earth and they will be standing in front of the ALMIGHTY within minutes. I know you guys all talk big and macho but I have seen the most proud and brave humble themselves when they looked death in the eye!!! I am not talking about some macho shootout I am talking about disease. Cancer/aids. I saw these people days before they were gone and you don't realize it till it is you. When you know that you are going it is not so easy. But like I said that you tend to forget you will see GOD. Even if you don't believe your subconcious knows, that you will stand in front of the creator a he will judge you. There is not more political stuff that it wasn't sex it was oral. No more lies. Nothing hidden. Everything open. No more my dog ate the homework stories. All of that stuff is gone. It is you and the true and everlasting judge. So don't think these guys are having a walk in the park. I am for the death penalty. I commend Texas for using it and I think it does exactly what it is intended for. A person who can't live in society without doing heanus crimes should be put to death and let GOD deal with them. Cause we all know the politicians can't do there job properly. I want you all to know that when the politicians put there hand on the bible to take their oath it is the same thing. They will be accountably to GOD. So they are not getting away with anything either.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's one who learned something valuable on death row:

[i]Not from me but I have a message to you from God. Save the children. Find one who needs help and make a small sacrifice of your own wealth and save the innocent ones. They are the key for making the world a better place.[/i]

We should all take heed these words.

A little unconditional love can go a long way in changing a kid's life. I've been a big brother, and it helped a kid, and it helped me. Neither of us is in jail anyway. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Hayboy -

You mean she's saying that it should be OK to kill a baby less than 30 days old?

[red]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Not a she. Some high class prof teaching at one of our best Univ. I wish I knew where to look it back up. May have been in American Family pub. He wrote that it should be a option in a case of down syndrome or other cases that a parent should have at least 30 days after birth to make a decison for the baby to live. I have seen familys on shows on tv that had kids like that, they would't trade them for the world. GOD knows best, some people are made greater after they have walked through the fire of problems like these.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Hayboy & prk,

This is professor Singer at Princeton University.  He's actually an [i]ethics[/i] professor.  Euthanasia and abortion are two of his causes.  And, yes, he thinks mothers hould have time to decide after the birth if they want to kill their babies.  

His latest cause is sex with animals.  The guy's a real loser, yet Princeton keeps him on.  I guess to give the rest of us somebody to laugh at.

Norm in NJ, just down the road from Princeton
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:32:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here's one who learned something valuable on death row:

[i]Not from me but I have a message to you from God. Save the children. Find one who needs help and make a small sacrifice of your own wealth and save the innocent ones. They are the key for making the world a better place.[/i]A little unconditional love can go a long way in changing a kid's life. I've been a big brother, and it helped a kid, and it helped me. Neither of us is in jail anyway. [:)]
View Quote

We should all take heed these words.
Agreed. Anyone ever stop to think how different the world would be if these people had accepted Christ BEFORE they commited such heinous crimes? Do unto others as you would have them do to you.                          
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:57:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Singer is an animal rights nut, too.  Here's a link:

http://icarus.cc.uic.edu/~strian1/

A quote from the professor:

"If we compare a severely defective human infant with a nonhuman animal, a dog or a pig, for example, we will often find the nonhuman to have superior capacities, both actual and potential, for rationality, self-consciousness communication, and anything else that can plausibly be considered morally significant."
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought it was interesting that:

-A lot of them had no criminal record before raping and murdering some girl or woman.
-Most are white.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top