Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 2:14:27 AM EDT
What is a good single shot handgun? I am thinking of maybe getting the lone eagle, or the encore. What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Encore is available in more calibers. You can also make it a rifle or a blackpowder muzzle loader.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Just because I like the pic's:

[img]http://www.magnumresearch.com/old/images/BigLoneSmall.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.tcarms.com/encpistol/enc6.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think the Encore is available in more calibers. You can also make it a rifle or a blackpowder muzzle loader.
View Quote

Know of any other single shot pistols?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lorcin.
One shot before it falls apart or KBs [BD]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lorcin.
One shot before it falls apart or KBs [BD]
View Quote

LOL!!! I had a friend who bought a .380, and he got one shot...That would save me a couple hundred!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
So no other thoughts on a single shot pistol?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I still think your best bet is the T/C Encore. It is very versatile.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:45:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I still think your best bet is the T/C Encore. It is very versatile.
View Quote

True, I am just trying to explore my options, of which I have found 2.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:52:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Weatherby Mark V CFP.
Savage Striker.
Maximum Single Shot.
Gaucher GN1 Silhouette.
Wichita Silhouette.
Competitor Single Shot.
BF Ultimate.

I’m sure there are more.

THISISME
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Weatherby Mark V CFP.
Savage Striker.
Maximum Single Shot.
Gaucher GN1 Silhouette.
Wichita Silhouette.
Competitor Single Shot.
BF Ultimate.

I’m sure there are more.

THISISME
View Quote

Thanks a lot. I will be doing my research. If anyone else knows of some, please post them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
MOA pistols.  from what i've read (when i was considering a single shot pistol) they are one of the best things going.  

www.moaguns.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a T/C Contender and an XP-100.  I like the Contender's ability to change barrels/calibers.  Mine has a .22 barrel and a .357 barrel.  The XP is chambered in 7mmBR and is SWEEEET.

T/C is coming out with an upgraded Contender frame.  The only reason I can see for going with an Encore is if you want to shoot really high-powered loads (.308 and up.)  As far as I'm concerned, if the Contender frame isn't strong enough to handle it, whatever it is is too much for a handgun - at least of the design of the Contender.  (Worst kicker I ever shot was a .44 Mag in a Contender.  Something about the grip shape makes that thing STING when I shoot it.)  

I want to get a carbine stock and barrel in a nice flat-shooting caliber for mine.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
MOA pistols.  from what i've read (when i was considering a single shot pistol) they are one of the best things going.  

www.moaguns.com
View Quote

cool site...yet more for the research files.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Look for a Contender - they have good after market support, and they have a very good adjustable trigger.  

The G2 Contender has been promised to the market forever - it will have a "California" trigger, nonadjustable and designed to satisfy California's AD law.  

The Encore also has a non-adjustable trigger, and I have never turned up any gunsmiths that are doing much trigger work on them (although it has been 6 months or so since I looked).
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top