Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 8:35:43 PM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/815375/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you think if those murdered were carrying guns, the numbers would have turned out different? Makes me feel good that I don't live in one of those cities.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Are you nuts?  

Comrade Daley won't let his people have guns.  They are bad. EVIL.  

Yeah...Life here in the PRIL is great.  

Quoted:
Do you think if those murdered were carrying guns, the numbers would have turned out different? Makes me feel good that I don't live in one of those cities.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations Chicago!
Sorry you couldn't be first.
Maybe next year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
From the article...

Police Supt. Terry Hillard said Tuesday he was pleased the number of murders was lower than in 2001, but that "one is too many." He did not have an answer for the higher murder rate in Chicago, which has outpaced New York and Los Angeles for all but one year in the last decade. But he said it is unfair to lay all of the blame on the Police Department. The persistently high murder rate here is a societal problem caused by a combination of guns on the streets and broken families, he said.

"When politicians and elected officials really grasp the problem and make a commitment to say it's not your right to have a gun, that's the only time we're going to be able to cut the homicide rate down," Hillard said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From the article...

"When politicians and elected officials really grasp the problem and make a commitment to say it's not your right to have a gun, that's the only time we're going to be able to cut the homicide rate down," Hillard said.
View Quote

This is scary and funny, because as the article says, in at least one of the surrounding counties, where firearms don't have to be registered and aren't illegal, guns weren't the number one instrument of murder.

View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top