Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 8:03:34 PM EDT
I have been browsing Ebay for various electronis lately (most of them I dont need/can't afford).

Anyways, I always see a bunch of auctions selling information on how to get those products for free.

Here's the latest example I've seen: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=318&item=2903678679[/url]

Anyways, has anybody here ever actually won one of these auctions, and was it just a bunch of BS, or did you actually get something for free????
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...selling information on how to get those products for free.
View Quote

What was the question again?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a scam. They send you a link to a site of manufacturers, and you must act as a legitimate business and try to get free samples. First thing I got was an e-mail stating that I had been turned into the FCC for investigation. Apparently it is illegal to request free samples if you do not own a legitimate business. Luckily I do. Anyway, most will only give free "display" samples with a minimum order. I have yet to get anything for *FREE*.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Think about it, if they could actually get a $5,000 TV for free, don't you think they would sell it instead of the link for you to get it for free?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been browsing Ebay for various electronis lately (most of them I dont need/can't afford).

Anyways, I always see a bunch of auctions selling information on how to get those products for free.

Here's the latest example I've seen: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=318&item=2903678679[/url]

Anyways, has anybody here ever actually won one of these auctions, and was it just a bunch of BS, or did you actually get something for free????
View Quote

hey computer guy i got bored one day and bought one of the info. links you want a copy copy and pastethis link:
http://www.jgrabowski.com/
if you don,t want to download it let me know and i will try and email you a copy of it.
edit to add its 5.97 mb
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate people selling wholesale info on ebay.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]**** THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY INTENDED FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN ORDERING PRODUCTS AS PART OF A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS.  IT IS CONSIDERED FRAUD TO MISREPRESENT YOURSELF WHEN REQUESTING PRODUCTS.  ELEVATION ENTERPRISES DOES NOT ENDORSE OR CONDONE MISREPRESENTATION OR FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES ****[/b]
View Quote

Now tell me who is being fraudulent. This is directly off the download, and is on the first page in bold red.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
ComputerGuy
Anybody ever tired this?
View Quote

Ever tired of what?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top