Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#5]
adrenilin is great isnt it!!!you will notice a marked increase in all your senses. when its dark expect to see better and hear better.did you notice the temp? probably not.you dont seem to notice severe cold or heat in these types of situations.if you would of had to discharge your weapon you would not have the telltale ringing that you would have if you were just target shooting.hunters have said they dont have the ringing in their ears if they come across a trophy animal and get really excited about shooting the animal.i have been in the same situation here at my house a couple of differant times.told the wife to call 911 while i gave her a handgun for herself grabbed my glock and checked outside. both times the jerks got away.and i got read the riot act by the cops for going after them but i will do it again to keep my family safe .. glad you are ok and didnt have to cap a bad guy..guess there is alot of paperwork.wow got excited and could not stop typing ......be safe
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I had an incident like that about two weeks ago.  

As usual I was was coming home from work at 1am in the morning.  Because of a previous incident where I almost had to draw my sidearm I am very cautios when navigating the parking lot into the apartment.  When I come around the corner of the building I keep distance from it so I have a wide field of view.  Well this night as I was coming around the corner I see, in the windows of the other building, a person come running out of my building.  I took off after the person and notice that he slipped into a half open garage a few houses down.  I stopped and watched as a bunch of people milled around in the garage and turned off the lights.  Instead of putting myself into a position where I might have to use force I go back to the apartment and call the police.  I grabbed a flash light to inspect the building and the other apt's in the building.  I couldnt find any problems so I went inside to watch the garage from my window.  I notice a car pull up and people get in and leave.  The police finally arrive like 10 minutes later and knock on my door.  I give them the story and they walk over to the house.  By that time the garage was closed and all the house lights off.  The cops knocked on the door and looked around a bit.  They then left.  Thats all, never heard anything else or had any other problems.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]
They warned you about the flashbacks didn't they? [;D]

Glad everyone's safe.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll bet it was a Skunk Ape.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad all is well and glad to see that your defenses were at the ready.
Maybe all you saw was a ......[i]Spectre[/i] [:O]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]
It was Chupacabra.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have shot off about 50 warning shots.
Oh, and I'd be naked too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top