Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 2:40:13 PM EDT
Alright boys and girls. It's time for another gunshow! And, as usual, we will be getting together for lunch on Saturday. The show is at Market Hall Jan 4th and 5th. We will meet near Brother Nick's table which is on the left side of the exhibit hall right next to the snack bar. Be there by 11:30 so we can get everyone rounded up to head out for lunch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there.   Finally met some of you gentlemen, and I use the term gentlemen VERY loosely, at the show on Thanksgiving weekend but was unable to go to lunch as I had my brother, daughter, and son-in-law with me.  Where do you plan on going for lunch.  Also, I saw on the Shotgun News site that there is a show in Mesquite on exactly the same days as the one in Dallas.  Have any of you ever been to the Mesquite show and if so, would it be worth my while to be there when it opens and then make it to the Dallas show by 11:30?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I will, of course, be toting my soon-to-be-famous-as-hell, DFW Crew-and-others-awarded Cav15 rifle with me!

So come and ogle all you want!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3211[/img]

Eric The(HappyHappyHappy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear that you're happy with the rifle. I wanted to be there when you got it, but I ended up being scheduled to work. Then I got sick and just sat around the house making drug concoctions.

Gotta work Sat to, as usual, maybe I can make it up there Sunday though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Got family stuff all day Saturday and I hope to make it Sunday. Got Christmas money to spend. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey nurse, skip the Mesquite show. The Market Hall show puts all others in the area to shame.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump^
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Well not really.  

Do we really have 2 different shows going on this weekend?

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]TxLewis[/b], there is only one Market Hall Gun Show this weekend. Any other is an 'also ran.'

[b]Ponyboy[/b], 'just sitting around the house making drug concoctions' reminds me of my college days!

Eric The(Straighter'nMoses)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
The shotgun news calendar is also listing a show in Mesquite this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Unless the weather turns sour i'll have to work.  But i sure would like to go.  

Ben,  The_Emu
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm Jeepless.... its in the shop til probably Monday night, yet again.. hopefully they don't screw me and charge their HIGH prices to replace my fan belt. Anyway... waiting on ILL to pick me up.

It was funny-- they said it would be $40 to diagnose the bearning noise coming from the front (could be the fan or a pulley), which could be a result of the fan belt. (He indicated that the belt can make a bearing noise-- YEAH RIGHT.) If the bearing/pulley needs replaced, they will not charge me the $40. However, they told me the belt would run about $45 plus installation, which shouldn't be that much since its a snap to change a belt. Anyway, I said why so much for the belt? I can get one for probably less than $20. He said theirs are serpentine belts, (like the others aren't?) and are way better quality than your average Pep Boys. I said, "high quality" like this Jeep right here (which is always in the shop).... He knew what I meant-- point made.

I also asked if shocks are replaced in pairs, or if they replace all of them. He said they are supposed to replace them in pairs, EXCEPT if under warranty, they only replace the bad one! WTF? They also won't fix my driver seat motor since the motor still sort-of functions! Even though you can tell its about to die!!! Oh well, I have 2 years/40K miles left on warranty...

They better not charge me (even under the extended warranty) on the leaking differential since they recently worked on it... Luckily its PER VISIT not item...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top