Fuck that dude.  He should have gone to prison
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I see. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
A tiny solar village with pond for otters?

Uhhhhhhh...

Seems legit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I almost posted asking him about a few months ago to see where he popped up next.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He was a minor California RKBA celebrity, beating some sort of rap for being a strange-ranger LEO impersonator, which instead was turned around in to him championing against JBT'ery. He was really big on Calguns.

Essentially led everyone to believe he was this millionaire pro-RKBA businessman when he in fact still lived with his parents.

Turned all this pro-RKBA and business mojo into GunPal/GPal, the pro-gun version of PayPal.

Turned out to be all smoke and mirrors. He probably did want it to succeed and make himself rich, but he didn't have the money he said he did, took lots of shortcuts, didn't get all the financial regulations followed, and was doing conversion, essentially "rob-Peter-pay-Paul" to try and keep the shell game going.

Much epic butthurtedness ensued. Some gun businesses/gun stores believed in him, thought this was their chance to get in on the internet boom, and it might have put them out of business due to the funds they forever lost into GunPal limbo.

And to explain why this why now?... I just got that message on Facebook 30 minutes ago. IndieGoGo to raise money for solar panels for an otter pond? The Fuck?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to backstory?

He was a minor California RKBA celebrity, beating some sort of rap for being a strange-ranger LEO impersonator, which instead was turned around in to him championing against JBT'ery. He was really big on Calguns.

Essentially led everyone to believe he was this millionaire pro-RKBA businessman when he in fact still lived with his parents.

Turned all this pro-RKBA and business mojo into GunPal/GPal, the pro-gun version of PayPal.

Turned out to be all smoke and mirrors. He probably did want it to succeed and make himself rich, but he didn't have the money he said he did, took lots of shortcuts, didn't get all the financial regulations followed, and was doing conversion, essentially "rob-Peter-pay-Paul" to try and keep the shell game going.

Much epic butthurtedness ensued. Some gun businesses/gun stores believed in him, thought this was their chance to get in on the internet boom, and it might have put them out of business due to the funds they forever lost into GunPal limbo.

And to explain why this why now?... I just got that message on Facebook 30 minutes ago. IndieGoGo to raise money for solar panels for an otter pond? The Fuck?

You've only just scratched the surface.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll shoot it over to CG.

Lots of people still a bit....errr...unhappy with young master Ben.

This should kick the ant hill quite nicely.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They need their ant hill kicked.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember that shit show. He should be in jail.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Searching up this "tiny house thing", there's photos of Ben all over it.

Just weird.
View Quote

A tiny house is a big step up from his mothers basement.

Last I heard he didn't go to jail because the court ruled he was too stupid to know how to commit fraud.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Last I heard he didn't go to jail because the court ruled he was too stupid to know how to commit fraud.
View Quote

- the "I'm a Dumbass" defense.  Got to remember that one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Heh, well, I posted it over in CG. It's taking off a bit
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#17]
CG thread, for those of you that wish to hit it. I'll post in HT too, come to think of it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=14057071&posted=1#post14057071
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck that dude.  He should have gone to prison
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

There still people that want to suck that little smarmy shit off over there?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
CG thread, for those of you that wish to hit it. I'll post in HT too, come to think of it.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=14057071&posted=1#post14057071
View Quote

I give 12hrs before Kystrell scrubs it from his site.

Bunch of bitches over there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]

PETALUMA, CA ––
A Petaluma man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of impersonating a
police officer after he allegedly pulled over a female driver near
Sonoma, the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office said.

The 22-year-old woman was driving on Napa Road around 11
p.m. Feb. 2 when she was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle with a red
light, Lt. Chris Spallino said.

A man not wearing a uniform then flashed what appeared to be a  badge and asked her for identification, Spallino said.

The woman became uncomfortable and asked the man to have a marked
vehicle respond. The man then became uncomfortable and drove away and
the woman called police, Spallino said.

Detectives from the
sheriff's office's violent crimes unit identified 29-year-old Benjamin
Philip Cannon as a suspect. After the woman identified him as the man
who pulled her over, Cannon was placed under surveillance, Spallino
said.

Cannon was arrested Thursday at his residence in the 1100
block of East Sunnyslope Road for impersonating a police officer and
false imprisonment, Spallino said.

Detectives seized Cannon's
silver 2001 BMW and found a police scanner, strobe light, handcuffs and
a siren inside, Spallino said. Cannon was booked into the Sonoma County
jail and has since posted $10,000 bail.

Spallino said the
woman's request for a marked car may have deterred the suspect and
prevented a more serious incident. He said motorists in a similar
situation should consider acknowledging the police vehicle and pull
over in a safe location.

Anyone who may have has a similar encounter is asked to call  detective James Naugle at (707) 565-2185.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not seeing any of that...lots of pissed off folks though

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#23]
DUDE STILL OWES ME $276 272.35.

Fuck Ben Cannon.

From what I recall, he had some sort of business that went tits up and had liens placed on his assets. He took over GunPal and when it's accounts had money in them, the banks he owed seized that shit, and he didn't have the money to pay people that used the service to receive money. I'm one of them to the tune of $276 (or thereabout, I can't remember the exact dollar amount).

I'm am resigned to never seeing that money.

AND MAY FUCK BE UPON BEN CANNON.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#25]
So he claims to be an engineer and is too stupid to go to jail.  There are a lot of dumbasses in jail . Ben Cannon should be one of them
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]
bweise or something like that used to post here and was a huge supporter of his.  I haven't seen him around for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

bweise or something like that used to post here and was a huge supporter of his.  I haven't seen him around for a long time.
View Quote

I'll never give another penny to CGF after bweise and kestryll publicly sucked Cannon's dick until the very last card fell.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll never give another penny to CGF after bweise and kestryll publicly sucked Cannon's dick until the very last card fell.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I recall there was a Military group and a small gunshop that got fucked out of a lot of money 10k+?. I also will not donate to calguns because of that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Gunpal.  I remember that shit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.  I was one of the early Cal Gun guys and one of the first with an OLL.  Fuck those guys hard.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Is Ben still writing childrens books?
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The people who matter on CG protected him.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Everything that he got away is amazing considering he screwed a bunch of people with guns
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to backstory?

OK, tell us more. Would love to know how everything went down

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#35]
This was the beginning of the scam, the promoters kept the money flowing in for a few months before it all disappeared.

FOLLOWUP

I got a call just now from Ben Cannon, owner/founder and was told that this happened to about 2 dozen people at or near the time they did the name change. he said it was a 3rd party vender who handles the transfers that messed up things.

I am promised that it will be handled by the end of this week and that the thousands of other transactions are running smoothly, as always.

If this pans out, I will give them another try, as I have had good luck up until this happened, although i had used them only half a dozen times.

I'll post when I see the $$$$
View Quote

Then the lying kicked into high gear.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
PETALUMA, CA –– A Petaluma man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of impersonating apolice officer after he allegedly pulled over a female driver nearSonoma, the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office said.

The 22-year-old woman was driving on Napa Road around 11p.m. Feb. 2 when she was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle with a redlight, Lt. Chris Spallino said.

A man not wearing a uniform then flashed what appeared to be a  badge and asked her for identification, Spallino said.

The woman became uncomfortable and asked the man to have a markedvehicle respond. The man then became uncomfortable and drove away andthe woman called police, Spallino said.

Detectives from thesheriff's office's violent crimes unit identified 29-year-old BenjaminPhilip Cannon as a suspect. After the woman identified him as the manwho pulled her over, Cannon was placed under surveillance, Spallinosaid.

Cannon was arrested Thursday at his residence in the 1100block of East Sunnyslope Road for impersonating a police officer andfalse imprisonment, Spallino said.

Detectives seized Cannon'ssilver 2001 BMW and found a police scanner, strobe light, handcuffs anda siren inside, Spallino said. Cannon was booked into the Sonoma Countyjail and has since posted $10,000 bail.

Spallino said thewoman's request for a marked car may have deterred the suspect andprevented a more serious incident. He said motorists in a similarsituation should consider acknowledging the police vehicle and pullover in a safe location.

Anyone who may have has a similar encounter is asked to call  detective James Naugle at (707) 565-2185.
View Quote

I remember when that happened there were folks here defending him. Of course they probably drive CVPIs and have the same stuff in their vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
PETALUMA, CA –– A Petaluma man was arrested Thursday on suspicion of impersonating apolice officer after he allegedly pulled over a female driver nearSonoma, the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office said.

The 22-year-old woman was driving on Napa Road around 11p.m. Feb. 2 when she was pulled over by an unmarked vehicle with a redlight, Lt. Chris Spallino said.

The woman became uncomfortable and asked the man to have a markedvehicle respond. The man then became uncomfortable and drove away andthe woman called police, Spallino said.

Detectives from thesheriff's office's violent crimes unit identified 29-year-old BenjaminPhilip Cannon as a suspect. After the woman identified him as the manwho pulled her over, Cannon was placed under surveillance, Spallinosaid.

Cannon was arrested Thursday at his residence in the 1100block of East Sunnyslope Road for impersonating a police officer andfalse imprisonment, Spallino said.

Detectives seized Cannon'ssilver 2001 BMW and found a police scanner, strobe light, handcuffs anda siren inside, Spallino said. Cannon was booked into the Sonoma Countyjail and has since posted $10,000 bail.

Spallino said thewoman's request for a marked car may have deterred the suspect andprevented a more serious incident. He said motorists in a similarsituation should consider acknowledging the police vehicle and pullover in a safe location.

View Quote

IIRC he beat that because he had credit card receipts and phone records saying he was in a different part of the state that evening and the strobe light was for his construction job. Certainly an odd situation.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Haha, still bullshitting and trying to get other people's money:

Our team has projects for the CA Dept of Dam Safety, PG&E, and countless commercial customers.  
View Quote

There is no "California Department of Dam Safety".

No such thing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm sure he thinks Gunpal owes people money but he doesnt owe people money. That's a common mindset of failed business owners.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to backstory?

pretty sure any "celebrity" status he had was shared closely between himself and a limited, but diminishing, number of people on calgoons.  at all times, he was a legend in his own mind.  whatever constructive thing he may have done, will always be viewed in the light of who he was: a mom's-basement-dwelling, LEO-impersonating, italian-supercar-pretending, dishonest narcissist.  who's proudest picture was of him and his prom date - a JP enterprises ar-15. wearing a rented tux left over from a wedding.  taken in his parents' house.  where he lived.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Well,

He's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

Looks like he's dredging up old contacts from before people knew what he was, and thought he was our rich-guy RKBA ace-in-the-hole businessman.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/Gpalisback_zpsf1e43541.png

Pass this along to anyone who's been burned by GunPal or Ben Cannon.

If you're on Calguns, please feel free to share this there too. Either they'll thank you profusely for the warning, or ban you over the embarrassment.
View Quote

I remember.  About 10 PayPal-haters gave him $2500 and I sent them rifles I never got the money for.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Spell my name right!

What a smug fucking douche.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh, there was the $400 AR lower 'group buy' that Ben Cannon put together just after AR lowers were deemed legal here.

The receivers ended up being confiscated by Cal DoJ (Iggy Chin) , the FFL (Rob Blank) had to drop a couple grand on a new safe, us buyers had to renewing(and paying another $25 each time!) the open DROS - or give up on their purchase. ATF got involved over Ben Cannon being an 'unlicensed dealer' even though Rob Blank was doing the transfers, and a bunch more crap.

Took over two years before Cal DoJ admitted there was nothing legally wrong and returned the receivers, but most of us had long moved on with our purchases by then.

I lost money for the original transfer and three rounds of DROS before I abandoned the deal. Happily never paid Ben Cannon any money, but it is why I wouldn't join GunPal.

ed; I was also an original member of the original CalGuns and had kept my membership when the current board owners took over, but the GPal issue seriously cut my enthusiasm. I also don't get the "Gucci Gear" obsession there.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi, Ben!
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm surprised he isn't sleeping with the fishes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I sent a message to Indiegogo advising them of Ben Cannon and GunPal/GPal.  I hope they pull his posting privileges.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm not sure why more firearms related companies haven't tried to just purposely screw firearm owners. I mean if he can do what he did and not wind up buried in the desert it seems like you could make a pretty decent living fucking people, even those who are heavily armed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link to backstory?

Seems Legit
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I sent a message to Indiegogo advising them of Ben Cannon and GunPal/GPal.  I hope they pull his posting privileges.
View Quote

He's only raised $450 or so of the $75,000 he's trying to get from other people.  

And, time's running out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#50]

This was during the run-up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top