Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 6:34:46 AM EDT
A B-2 Stealth Bomber and two F-117 Stealth Fighters are circling over the house. Looks like they are ready to overfly the Rose Parade.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#1]
maby they are there to bomb the shit out of yore "bunker"...hehe
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A B-2 Stealth Bomber and two F-117 Stealth Fighters are circling over the house. Looks like they are ready to overfly the Rose Parade.
View Quote

Thanks for the warning. I got my binocs and camera. They flew right over my house. They flew so slow and low that I could almost touch them with my hands. WAY TOO COOL!

added - They were SOOOO quite. I live under the flight path of a small municipal El monte airport, and the those single engine Cessnas make more noise than both the B2 and F117. They don't call them stealth for nothing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The B-2 and the F-117 are quiet till the exhaust is pointing at you, then they are just as loud as any other jet aircraft.
Both their exhausts point upward, so if it is coming at you or you are below it it is pretty quiet. If it shows its topside going away from you it is going to be just as loud as any other jet.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The B-2 and the F-117 are quiet till the exhaust is pointing at you, then they are just as loud as any other jet aircraft.
Both their exhausts point upward, so if it is coming at you or you are below it it is pretty quiet. If it shows its topside going away from you it is going to be just as loud as any other jet.

View Quote

You're quite right. When they were coming straight at me, I could barely, read barely hear them, but when they started their bank, to do the 180 to make their 2nd pass over the parade, I could distinctly hear more more jet engine noise because like you say, they vent the exhaust to the top.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Add a Patriot missile battery to your home defense plan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw them tv while watching the rose parade.  I turned off the tv after the fly over.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Turboprops arnt called Buzzbombs for nothing ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]

See any black helicopters?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It is badass every year when they do the McDonald's (formerly Shell) Air and Sea Show in Ft. Lauderdale.  A bunch of times I have seen some Apaches over my house and once or twice some F-16s.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you sure they weren't terrorists.  You should have emptied a mag or two.  Just don't forget to saw your rifle in half after.

Does anyone know what the best round for F-117 and B-2 is.

[;D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is badass every year when they do the McDonald's (formerly Shell) Air and Sea Show in Ft. Lauderdale.  A bunch of times I have seen some Apaches over my house and once or twice some F-16s.
View Quote

Every time the President arrives in Chicago, a pair of choppers fly low right over my house bearing northwest after he leaves. It used to be a Cobras but now every time it's Apaches. If I had a trampoline I would be able to zip up and grab a HellFire or two (homeland defense missiles). [:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#12]
We have the privilege of viewing the fine B-2 every year in StL. I first witnessed it at less than 3000 ft.; in side profile, it appears as a black pencil, with a tiny hint of canopy.  In full profile, it's "Holy s&%t! The Batplane!!"  I know a young man who repairs them at Whiteman; give him your best wishes.  

Achmed will never receive the gift of this view; his last words will come looking down the barrel of Mr. Warthog (Thanks to the squadron at Moody AFB for allowing me to view this masterpiece.)  A-10 won't bother to joke, will proceed to smoke (a "camel").
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#14]
3 biplanes, ford tri motor, dc-3, 3 at-6's also graced us with their presence.

[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/rosefloat/Dcp%5F3532a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/rosefloat/Dcp%5F3533a.jpg[/img]

[img]http://000buck.d2g.com/rosefloat/Dcp%5F3534a.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to tell my F117 airshow story.

My Dad was in the Airforce so we went to airshows all our lives.  One of the last ones that I went to during his time is the service featured a F117.  They had it behind to sets of ropes so you coulnt get close.

A few years later I decided to head to a show at the base in Grand Forks North Dakota.  They had a F117 there and you could actually get right up next to it.  While looking at it the pilot got in and started doing his thing.  The pushed everyone off a bit and I ended up just off the edge of the taxi way on the grass.  I was completely shocked when the engines fired.  I couldnt believe that we were allowed so close to the bird as it started to taxi.  There were people that were so close behind it that their hats were blown off and blankets tossed off the pad.  The bird taxied right past me.  It was loud once it got past but I didnt feel much heat.  I love these things!

This morning when they did the fly over of the parade the power of our country really hit home.  

God Bless America
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#16]
It will be a good day when the Air Force has all the bombers it needs, and the public schools have to have a bake sale to graduate students who can't read.[:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what the best round for F-117 and B-2 is.
View Quote

How about a 35mm Leica M6 with a 135mm telephoto lens?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top