Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2003 12:35:11 AM EDT
I just smoked half a cigar. It was pretty freaking nasty. Stunk like hell, and made my mouth taste like crap for 2 hours.

But now, my hands smell a little better. An almost soothing smokey smell. But they too used to stink.

I have a question: Why would you want to smoke?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you smoke a Lewinski? I hear those have a fishy taste [:D] . I actually enjoy a good cigar. I will be smoking quite a few come Monday, my son will be here! If you don't like it, try another brand, and maybe you will find one that will suite your taste.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I find cigars really disgusting.  I used to smoke cigarettes, however, I didn't start smoking "full-time" until high school.  Even then I stopped for a year or two off and on until my early 20s.  Now I hate the smell of cigarettes too.  The problem I have with tobacco in general isn't the health concerns, but the fact it makes me feel sick.  Headaches, stomach troubles, sore throats, you name it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I find cigars really disgusting.  I used to smoke cigarettes, however, I didn't start smoking "full-time" until high school.  Even then I stopped for a year or two off and on until my early 20s.  Now I hate the smell of cigarettes too.  The problem I have with tobacco in general isn't the health concerns, but the fact it makes me feel sick.  Headaches, stomach troubles, sore throats, you name it!
View Quote

Dont forget that they make your breath smell like a sweaty butt! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Schapman,

Dude, why are you sniffing sweaty ass?

Anyhow, smoking is evil.  It was like crack for me.  Life is massively better once you get past the first 72hrs without.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of cigar did you smoke - it does make all the difference in the world.

John
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Schapman,

View Quote

Yeah, like I have a choice!  The stupid thing follows me around all day! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Schapman,

View Quote

Yeah, like I have a choice!  The stupid thing follows me around all day! [:)]
View Quote

Euu

lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Lucky for me I've always been able to stop cold-turkey without any problems [:D]

One thing is for sure, those who do smoke have the right to do so.  Here in Maricopa County a 60 cent tax was just added to each pack of smokes, so they are really expensive.  Pretty stupid.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#9]
That was a state-wide tax.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Her mouth tasted like an ciggerettes Luetenant Dan.[;)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I guess it was.  It's late here, so I'm on low power [|)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I love how they tried saying they were going to use it to fund Trauma Centers and tobacco related disease costs.  Now how they going to do that if a bunch more people decide to quit?  Why cant they just admit AZ is cash strapped and found another way to make some more money? (with the voters permission of course)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
"Why would you want to smoke?"

I don't. I quit almost 18 yrs. ago. It is a nasty, dirty addiction that causes lung cancer and heart failure. Besides, it is outrageously expensive these days. Buy more guns and ammo with the money you save from not smoking.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#14]
My personal feeling, don't start smoking cigarettes. Here in Calif. the cost PER pack of cigarettes is almost $5, and probably even more, since Gray"out" Davis is really under the gun because of a huge state deficit. Lot of folks smoke about a pack a day, lets do the math - $5 times 365 = $1825. Thats a lot of money up in smoke, that can best be put into another toy or ammo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
There's nothing like the taste of a GOOD cigar. If you light up a friggin' White Owl, you deserve what will follow.

Take a nice cigar to the range with you one day, do some shooting, take a smoke break, do some more shooting, etc. Extremely relaxing.

A GOOD cigar with a glass of GOOD port, after a GOOD meal, is something you have to try to actually to understand.

Now cigarettes on the other hand are just plain nasty.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:03:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Like drinking beer, cigar smoking takes a little time to get the 'hang of. I smoke them now, after 25 years of being smoke-free. I thought I'd smoke them on occassion but it seems I gotta have one at some point in the day. I expect to get throat cancer and die.
To really enjoy a cigar, don't inhale. Stoke that doggie up until its almost hot, not hot! Better cigars burn a little cooler so you have a few more puffs at a time. Once you get it cookin', the almost hot smoke combined with the hot juices created by you chewing on it really light up your mouth! Sometimes with all that shit in your mouth it'll make you gag, thats normal, you'll get over it. A good spit is also needed, too sometimes. I find that the best part of the cigar is from the final 1/3. The first 2/3's is good, don't get me wrong, but that last third all hot and juicy is really the ticket! Its all about nicotine! BTW, if you don't smoke don't start....you'll live longer:):)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#18]
cigarettes are disgusting, cheap cigars are no better.

but a fine hand rolled long filler cuban seed cigar from honduras or the dominican republic is a treat.  add a glass of port, cognac, or good whisky and you're there!

my christmas present to myself this year was a furniture grade humidor and accompanying stock of quality cigars from thompsoncigar.com, very nice indeed.

i'm not, and never have been a regular smoker, but i find the occasional fine cigar quite relaxing.

-eric
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

1. Look cool
2. Look older
3. Chicks dig a rebel
4. Piss off liberals

[;D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Look at it like this.... smoking reduces the amount of time you will be able to shoot your toys. You will die sooner and you will never have earned the right to replace the barrel on your AR cause you didn't live long enough to wear it out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Being that I don't drink alcohol, cigars are my one "vice".  It is important to smoke a good one.  When I started you could get a really good cigar for under three bucks, then the boom hit and I stopped altogether until the prices came back down.  Damn, even crappy cigars were like 8 bucks.  Nothing worse than a crappy cigar.  Now I get them mail order for 3-4 bucks each.

Anyhew, the reason I smoke them, probably about 1-2 a month, is that they are very relaxing.  If I have a really bad day I can sit outside and smoke a good cigar for about an hour and my whole body will wash over with relaxation, without the "buzz" of alcohol, which I find unpleasant.  Plus they can be a social experience as well.  Get togethers with friends often end with a smoke outside, usually trading different smokes with friends trying out new ones.

Yes, your mouth and hands smell like crap aftewards, but that is why they have toothpaste and soap. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing beats a good cigar.

A bad cigar is actually one of the nastiest things on the earth.

It will leave a dry chalky taste in your mouth and you will swear you just ate dirt.

To each his own, me personally, I like to smoke stuff every now and then, I think it's almost human nature.

As long as it's not abused, all is well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just smoked half a cigar. It was pretty freaking nasty. Stunk like hell, and made my mouth taste like crap for 2 hours.

But now, my hands smell a little better. An almost soothing smokey smell. But they too used to stink.

View Quote

Smoke some chronic and you'll understand.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]
cigars are definitely an acquired taste.

If you smoke a heavy cigar and you've never tried  them before you'll just get overpowered and it tastes like bleh.

When I first started I went with medium to  mild.  Then medium.. for a while the first half of the cigar would be good then the last half would go bleh.
As I smoked them more I could enjoy more and more of it.  If I haven't smoked a cigar in more than a couple of weeks though it  takes a few cigars to get  back up to par.

It's weird how the taste buds work.  You have to  have real experienced taste  buds to pick out and enjoy the flavors in a real heavy cigar.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Tobacco is my single biggest regret, and my only vice. Never, ever touch another tobacco product. Ever. Under any circumstance.

Edited to add: Never.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#26]
It was a "La Rubia."

Cigarettes are just plain nasty. Disgusting. Especially in resturants. Ehh.

A good pipe actually smells good to me. Real soothing.

I don't plan on smoking another for a good while. Once a year, on New Year's Eve, with some friends, sounds good to me. All the time... well, that sounds bad. Things are friggin expensive. Besides, no girls I have ever known like it.

The only good thing I can see coming from smoking is that if you have bad breath no one can tell, 'cause it covered by the "sweaty ass" smell. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't smoke...

did when I was younger...

$3.50 a pack.
x 365 days (pack a day habit

would cost 1277.50 before tax...

Prebanish a year...

[shock]
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#28]
I can smoke or I can live to be 110 and sleep in my pj's all day and piss my diapers and forget who I am and not EVER get any poon....die young,
enjoy the life you have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top