Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 10:44:25 PM EDT
After seeing the pics of the Dragonsbreath rounds being shot at ETH's farm, I decided to go to [url]www.allpurposeammo.com[/url], the outfit that sells them and other specialty rounds. There was only this message:

[size=2][b]After nearly 12 years of providing the most unique ammunition, All Purpose Ammo is going out of business. Government regulation and interference is to blame. We thank all of our many customers VERY MUCH for your support. We highly advise everyone to stay in close contact with your legislators. The future looks very bleak for our country and our precious freedoms - but we can change that. Our forefathers said, "We all must hang together, or we'll surely hang separately!"[/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
That bites!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn Feds![img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/thebirds.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Its not illegal!!

A bunch of the suppliers have just sudden;y stated that they are now illegal....  Its a price HYPE to get more $$

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A government that supports taking this away from the population can kiss my ass.

Next they'll be threatening me with jail time if I get caught running with scissors.

This makes me sick.
View Quote

"As far as "freedom eroding laws" are concerned,I see no such erosion of "freedoms," and no need to assume such gloom and doom is coming. Feel free to "give me nothing" but "sheeple" comments."- a member

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
There was talk about them banning those and other similar ammo about 6 months to a year ago, if I remember correctly.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... Government regulation and interference is to blame. ...
View Quote

And maybe it is.

Still, I’ve seen a lot of folks blame their misfortune on someone else when the fault was a lot closer to home.

I have no reason to believe that happened here – just saying that this statement should not be blindly believed.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
How is this any different than fireworks? I can see how some ammo might be, but not dragon's breath.

Although I have thought about getting one of these many times, but decided against it since tehy are so heavy and just a novelty thing, what's the latest about 37mm flare launchers and ammo???? Are they trying to prevent civilians from sending out distress signals using flare guns and ammo?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are they trying to prevent civilians from sending out distress signals using flare guns and ammo?
View Quote

I believe you are supposed to call 911 from your handy-dandy cellphone ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well shit, I hope I can find some more at the next show soon.
View Quote

The last Market Hall show some guy had a whole table FULL of these specialty loads.  I was surprised to see so many as I'd read some alphabet agency was after them.  My take was they were selling out before the new year when some ban was going to take place.  I'll be surprised if I see more for sale this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top