Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 6:58:24 PM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60833-2002Dec31.html[/url]

"BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan, Dec. 31 -- U.S. military authorities announced today that a brief shootout erupted between U.S. soldiers and Pakistani troops along the Afghan border Sunday, prompting the U.S. forces to call in an F-16 warplane that dropped a 500-pound bomb on the Pakistanis to end the clash."

Sounds like a good start to me......
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Here goes.

We're gonna be fightin' everybody.

I guess it's time to stock up on ammo again...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
[:(]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't they save the bombs and drop uncooked pork on those guys?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I can see the Platoon Sergeant making the radio call now, mumbling "Take a shot at me, huh? How 'bout a 500lb knuckle sandwich, assholes." under his breath.......
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The Pakis are not exactly friends with the USA. Paki strongman Pervez Musharraf is a dictator and is a sponsor of state terrorism. The Paki spy and secret police agency Inter-Services Intelligence(ISI) was responsible for equipping, training, and installing the previous murderous and intolerant Taliban regime in Afghanistan. Only after giving the USA a little lip service, Pakistan stationed troops on the border supposedly to guard against fleeing Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters, but instead allowed thousands of them to flee into safety into eastern Pakistan.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]
We shoulda whacked them and the Saudis at the start of this shit....
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:19:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We shoulda whacked them and the Saudis at the start of this shit....
View Quote
                                                       You are so right, but you forgot the Syrians,Iranians,libyians ect ect-
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:29:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I am looking for a U.S. owned oil refinery with a BIG parking lot! But really, I think that if we re going to be over there, we need to stop bullshitting and get down to business. Are we looking to start a war? If so do it, if not bring our soldiers home!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#9]
We should replace N.J. with Israel and make the middle east glow.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60833-2002Dec31.html[/url]

"BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan, Dec. 31 -- U.S. military authorities announced today that a brief shootout erupted between U.S. soldiers and Pakistani troops along the Afghan border Sunday, prompting the U.S. forces to call in an F-16 warplane that dropped a 500-pound bomb on the Pakistanis to end the clash."

Sounds like a good start to me......
View Quote

At the very least, isn't it nice to know somebody learned a lesson from Somalia? More specifically, the Battle of Mogadishu?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am looking for a U.S. owned oil refinery with a BIG parking lot! But really, I think that if we re going to be over there, we need to stop bullshitting and get down to business. Are we looking to start a war? If so do it, if not bring our soldiers home!
View Quote

Amen, Bro...do it RIGHT or don't do it at all..

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:53:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw the news yesterday and they said a Paki crossed the border and the US soldier told him to get back across.  Then the firefight broke out.  No other details given.  That's the way to do it- pull out the big guns (500lb.) and end the shit NOW!!

? Same for you guys- every time I hit a link to the Washingmachine Post they want personal info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top