Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 3:38:39 PM EDT
Picture the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands. He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war. He stands tough, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust and tells us this... "I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it." "I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains." "I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business." "I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people." "It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press." "It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech." "It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate." "And it's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag." "Pray the Lord hold your troops in His loving hands." "Pray He protect them as they protect you." "Pray He bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for you in your time of need." "And pray for yourselves, that you may gain the wisdom to stand firm and hold fast the freedoms purchased with much blood and sorrow, before what I've given you is lost."
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
AMEN!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Great sermon, I posted that on MM.com and got the libs all fired up. Most missed the point though. I just hope what I do today is enough!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great sermon, I posted that on MM.com and got the libs all fired up. Most missed the point though. I just hope what I do today is enough!
View Quote

Now why the fuck would libs get upset at [i]this[/i]?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno, but then again they're libs, that's what they do. I think some of them got it, but the one guy (from Northern Ireland) said some stupid shit about the soldier "giving us WWII" I asked how the hell the soldier gave us WWII and he said that he meant thanks for the soldiers help in WWII. Go figure. I don't think that the libs on mm.com realize they we (well me anyway) have more in common than they realize. We just look at it from different angles. Neither one of us wants a 1984 scenario, but they blame it on the Republicans being "evil", we blame it on whoever fault it is. I do differ from most of them on religion and gun control though. (The gun control thing is usually from people in Europe who have no right to a gun.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top