Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 3:24:35 PM EDT
While we are having a time with the gay post of the day I have a question.

Religous differences aside, I happen to believe what you do in your bedroom between adults is your own business.  If you are gay fine, if you are straight fine. BUT, I hate getting the gay lifestyle shoved down my throat,,,,not literally of course.  We have forced tolerance classes annually and are told that GAYS get to act out at work, kissing and groping if they like and we should not get digusted.  Yet, I can grab my womans ass and go for it at work, that may offend somebody.

I do not think there should be GAY parking spaces, Gay parades or GAY lunch parties, no GAY love closets at work, no pecker holes in the toilets, no adopting children and breaking them in right as the NAMBA guys want.

As a hetrosexual, I dont get a parade or a holiday.  I am not married so my girlfriend does not get to share my benifits at work either.  I have worked with a few guys that were no doubt gay, they did just fine at work and left their love life at home.

Can't they just be gay without the parade???  I don't want my kid seeing a 6'2" hairy slob in a dress marching thru the streets just yet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do blacks get a History Month and whites don't? I'm an american indian and we have a history month, but to everyone else I'm just a white guy, so I get clumped in with the rest of you heathen [;)]

What it boils down to is that only minorities get perks. If you're a heterosexual white male with no disabilites you get nothing. You're the oppressor, why would you deserve something special?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought we did, and it was called Mardi Gras.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, we do have the Rose parade and the Macy's Christmas parade. What more do you want? If we had a "proud to be heterosexual" parade would you be in it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple.  The "Status Quo," if there is such a thing, is not sensational enough for the media.  The "normal people" just don't create enough of a stir.  No stir, no hype.  No hype, no media feeding frenzy.  No frenzy, no parade.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, we do have the Rose parade and the Macy's Christmas parade. What more do you want? If we had a "proud to be heterosexual" parade would you be in it?
View Quote

What he said!

[img]http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/grinser/grinser035.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'm not sure if the St. Pattys day parades count or not.

Or.... does this?

[img]http://www.themusicmanonline.com/Images/MasonCity/BandFest/shriners.jpg[/img]

Or this count?

[img]http://www.berea.k12.oh.us/midpark/kosar/photos/unit12_ch2021/kkk.jpg[/img]
[:D]

OTOH, I've gone and watched several Gay pride parades (before they were told to tone them down
a bit). They were pretty entertaing from a WTF point of view.

Really though, I think the point of most Gay pride parades is to show solidarity and demonstrate numbers for political reasons.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:15:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes gay just happens. The way life just happens. A friend or relative comes out and there you are.

My wife's best friend's husband's roomate came out in college. Today my wife's best friend does a thriving business making ballgowns for drag queens. She calls it "Cinderfella's."

You can meet more beautiful straight women at a gay man's party than anywhere else except a meat market bar or a college party, but you have a chance with the women at the gay party. Sometimes they figure, if you can have a good time partying with the gays, you are tolerant and fit company to be with.

I do agree with you, being gay doesn't merit special treatment. I am damn tired of watching people in leadership roles pander to people who are different...groveling little fucks...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
You can have a parade. Arrange with the city council of D.C. get the permits and invite me. I'll be there, walking down Wisconsin Ave. with my AR held high.

He's got a point guy's, if we continue to let the NRA do our talking for us we can't bitch when we don't get what WE want. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It's past time......we are late.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Lonegunman, So when is the first fat white male gun loving freedom day parade?

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]

I do agree with you, being gay doesn't merit special treatment.
View Quote

I don't think they're looking for "special treatment", just equal treatment.

I am damn tired of watching people in leadership roles pander to people who are different...groveling little fucks...
View Quote

Careful, the anti-gun-monkeys argue that the some people in leadership roles pander to the NRA and firearms industry.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I work in Oakland, PRK, and I can assure you that they are ACTIVELY seeking special treatment in the Bay Area.  They've long had equal access here, but they've not disbanded their political action groups...

-Troy
View Quote

What sort of special treatment? If that's what they're indeed asking then they should be shit-out-of-luck... too bad. Or is this one of those vocal loud-mouthed minority type of situations?

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, I'm not sure if the St. Pattys day parades count or not.
View Quote

Hell no it doesn't, the Fags were protesting the City of Boston because they weren't allowed to march in the Parade last year (or was it the year before).
"They" want to be able to walk around naked with their "flair", at all parades, and shove it into every little childs face every chance they can get.

Up here, it took a many of votes for several years before they allowed State Gay Rights...

I am straight but I don't walk around with a fake lisp and a little attitude like I'm special, making, what would normaly be sexual harassment, coments and gestures at work, just because I like to pound a vagina now and again.
[url]http://www.straightpridewear.com[/url]
Buy your T-Shirt
[img]http://www.straightpridewear.com/mivaimages/oneway_tees.jpg[/img]
This is the one I have and wear. I love the odd looks, because NOBODY expects what they just read, and it still doesn't realy click in their little heads.

BISHOP

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top