Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 3:17:19 PM EDT
Does anyone think that some kind of attack will happen tonight?  A bunch of guys here at work were sitting around talking about it and was kinda curious as to what the feeling of the board was.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It's entirely possible the ground next to my garage could bear the brunt of a brutal assault on or about midnight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing im goign to get home after work tonight to find my fridge has been attacked and find 3 houseguests inebriated and passed out on my floor.

Now wouldn't it be fun to mount my BFA and wake them up, rather abruptly?

heheh....
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, we have five illegal, missing Pakistanis (sp?) who the FBI is afraid may be planning something.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/[/url]

Will something happen tonight?  I would give it a 60% chance of happening...

Just my 2 cents.

KingOfTheBumps
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I think my sick, congested, worn out body is going to hit the rack early tonight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone think that some kind of attack will happen tonight?  A bunch of guys here at work were sitting around talking about it and was kinda curious as to what the feeling of the board was.
View Quote

Either way, I'd bet you have nothing to worry about in Wyoming. ;)
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a damn thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]
... Remember the horror of Y2K
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever does happen, how ever many are killed and maimed, regardless of the cost in millions or billions or trillions, no matter how innocent the victims we know one thing for sure:

Joey Liberman and Ms. Murray will say it is Americas fault and that W. and the Bushies knew about it in advance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Just the usual stuff...bunch of people puking, drunk, DUI/DWI, etc.  Also some idiots shooting guns up in the air.  No terrorist attack(s).
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I am going to use alcohol in an irresponsible fashion, and then at midnight I will ignite pyrotechnics.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Alcohol and pyrotechnics are definately in order.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Mattsd is gonna get shitfaced and make us all laugh again. I remember that thread sooo vividly.[:D]

-T.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Either way, I'd bet you have nothing to worry about in Wyoming. ;)
View Quote

I'd say thats a pretty safe bet [:)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Typing and Posting While Under the Influence.
Man, that was great!

Quoted:
Mattsd is gonna get shitfaced and make us all laugh again. I remember that thread sooo vividly.[:D]

-T.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to watch Dr. Strangelove, and hang out in "chat".
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If you polled people on September 10, 2001, about the possibilities of a massive terrorist attack on US soil, about 85% of those polled would have said "little or no chance."

In reality, I am not sure those bent on the destruction of America would attack us at points of strength and preparation. If that is the case, people in Times Square tonight can feel quite safe. It's everywhere else that is at risk. Tonight anyways.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Early to bed, early to rise
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]
2002 is going to end and, the Lord willing, 2003 will begin. But that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you polled people on September 10, 2001, about the possibilities of a massive terrorist attack on US soil, about 85% of those polled would have said "little or no chance."

In reality, I am not sure those bent on the destruction of America would attack us at points of strength and preparation. If that is the case, people in Times Square tonight can feel quite safe. It's everywhere else that is at risk. Tonight anyways.
View Quote

OTOH they may well wish to prove a point that we cannot prepare enough. in whitch case tonight is very dangerouse.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Either a chaotic terrorist attack or a hell of a party at an Irish bar; determining which is which will be the problem.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#21]
DUI's DWI's and a shitload of accidents.

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure hope not or we will be moving to Hawk Springs post haste!!!

I'm sitting at home with the proverbial thumb up my ass listening to the scanner wating to get toned out as the loonies are already on the road. Hopefully it will be a quite night but the SO & PD has already had mutiple reports of drunk drivers, jerks waving guns shooting cars with paintballs & other less than fun things. Just hope nobody gets killed or burns down their house tonight at least.

Don't forget about what's on the west edge of town, that alone makes this place a target and some people are taking that threat extremly seriously tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top