Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 11:55:21 AM EDT
What happens if you take all this stuff together? I dunno either, but I'll let you know in a little while. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could remember the guy here that has a sig line that says something like:

"Don't take sleeping pills and a laxative before bedtime...trust me on this."

Good advice for you Ponyboy.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like [X] to me!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Liver failure?  [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like someone's planning for one hell of a new years party!

Personally i'd avoid that combination. IF you absolutely feel you must do such a thing, i'd refrain from taking alcohol. Alcohol and drugs have this nasty way of making you fall asleep, and not waking up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone's planning for one hell of a new years party!
View Quote

Actually, I'm just planning on not feeling like shit for the rest of the day. I didn't go to ETH's because I was supposed to work and I called in this morning because I didn't feel good. Isn't that a double negative?

Personally i'd avoid that combination. IF you absolutely feel you must do such a thing, i'd refrain from taking alcohol. Alcohol and drugs have this nasty way of making you fall asleep, and not waking up.
View Quote

Too late, but the good news is, I'm starting to feel a little better. I seriously doubt I drink anything tonight. I doubt I even leave the house. I'll probably just watch Band of Brothers all day and go to sleep hoping I feel better tomorrow.

New Years Smew Years....
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a "kill-ya-or-cure-ya" formula.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya PUKE and nod off???
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My guess is......[SLEEP] [SLEEP] [SLEEP] [SLEEP]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
New Years Smew Years....
View Quote

LOL...i couldn't agree more. I am at work for new years! my party is goign on right now at my house without me. I can't beleive the darn military makes me work on new years. There's something wrong with that.

lol...j/k...

Let me know if that combination works. I'm blowing rainbow colors out my nose at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My guess is......[SLEEP] [SLEEP] [SLEEP] [SLEEP]
View Quote

No, I'm wide awake. I woke up this morning, called in to work and went back to bed. I knew last night I wouldn't feel good today.

I'm well rested, just sick. I feel a hell of a lot better now though, compared to when I got up this morning.

I'm starting to think I've found a pretty good combination.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Maximum Strength Thera-Flu:
Acetaminophen  1000 mg
Dextromethorphan  30 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCL  60 mg

DayQuil
Acetaminophen  250 mg
Dextromethorphan  10 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCL  30 mg

Pretty much the same thing but with different dosages.  Add the anti-histamine to either and you get the 'night time' versions.

No clue what Comtrex will do for you though.  I'm on Dayquil, and the night version of TheraFlu.  I should have gone the Benadryl route because it doesn't make me tired.

I hate colds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pretty sure that's what killed Elvis.

Seriously, though, if you do try this concoction, you're going to be nine kinds of dehydrated if you ever wake up. Drink LOTS of water before clicking out. Hopefully the bladder pressure will wake you up. If not, post pics of the golden bathtub.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that's what killed Elvis.

Seriously, though, if you do try this concoction, you're going to be nine kinds of dehydrated if you ever wake up. Drink LOTS of water before clicking out. Hopefully the bladder pressure will wake you up. If not, post pics of the golden bathtub.
View Quote

I already took it all, at least a couple of hours ago. I feel much better now. I've still got the "I'm sick and lazy and don't want to do anything" felling, but I'm not coughing as much and I don't have snot running out of my nose. I'm taking a few shots of Chloroseptic every once in a while for the sore throat feeling.

I won't go to sleep until tonight.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Acetaminophen and alcohol are a no-no.

No booze for you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's someting I tried [i]once[/i]:

Pour the theraflu powder on your tongue like a pack of lik-em-aid. (remember them?)

Chase with a Beam and Coke.

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Perhaps we should just call you Elvis from here on out?

Quoted:
What happens if you take all this stuff together? I dunno either, but I'll let you know in a little while. [;)]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel for you my brother. I've been living on Alka Seltzer Plus Flu for the last three days. Take it before bed at 10, wake up at 3am to pee, drink 16oz of water and get up at 6 for work. Repeat for three days. I woke up this morning feeling much better but have been so thirsty all day.

I think it's best to just pay the deductable and go to Doc in the Box and get some real meds for this so maybe it'll go away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#20]
As Gloftoe pointed out, the Acetaminophen is a major worry with that cocktail.

Max. dose in a NORMAL individual is about 4 gm a day (4000 mg).  Not having your stuff handy, I'm betting every time you dose yourself up, you are getting about 700-1000mg of the stuff IF NOT MORE.  

If you are a drinker, have hepatitis, etc. that might have damaged your liver in the past, the maximum dose is much lower.

Not a fun thing to burn out your liver.

AFARR
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I'm still alive. I didn't make it to see the crossover to the new year last night, but I don't feel quite as bad as I did yesterday morning. I only took my concoction once yesterday, so I don't think I overdosed on anything.

Elvis my ass...
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top