Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2002 2:07:21 AM EDT
One last "barn burner" before I ship out in a little more than a day.

It is my understanding that a revolution is to change (restore?) the existing government in a nation, and a rebellion is to part with a government in order to establish a separate government within the same national borders (thus the War of Northern Agression would be a Rebellion as opposed to the 1917 Soviet Revolution in Russia).

That in mind, how many of you here would realisticaly consider either if you woke up tommorow (or in five years) to a DiFi style ultimatum of either manditory registration or manditory surrendering of all semi-automatic (or even just military style semi auto) weapons?

Even in the 1770s when the first American Revolution started, the revolutionaries were not facing horrible oppression/starvation (not in comparison to the other places England "lay down the law")and their support was meager at best. Those of us who are "hard core" would have to start and stoke the fire hot even while the majority thought that things "wernt bad enough". In a way we'd have to force the issue.

A lot of people talk about running a one-man-war in the mountains, sitting it out, trying to keep your head down and evade, fight only when cornered in your home or...

How many would actively try to organize and strike back?

The US is a very open society and the '60s showed us what even a couple of very motivated kooks can do if they organize and put their lives on the line for what they believe in.

Starting a rebellion or even a revolution in this nation would be exceedingly easy so long as the cause was clearly just and you tried hard to keep your hands free of innocent blood, and although people who would openly support you would be few, passive support and clandestine help would probably be enormous. David Koresh holed up and didnt even try to fight back. Essentually he hid in the closet once the ATF showed up. Imagine what would happen if someone were to actually mount spirited opposition?

Once an initial escape was made one would have to organize splinter cells across the country with little or no contact to keep the risk of corruption to a minimum. Those cells would have to specialize. Information warfare, intellegence, assault teams, strike teams, as well as sabotures and if it got bad enough, suicide bombers. The situation in Israel has shown that a lot of times a SB is impossible to stop, and inflicts a lot more damage for the cost of one life than a conventional bombing or assault with firearms makes.

How much do you think would be needed to bring about revolutionary change in this country? How much external support would such a revolution require, and who do you think would give it to us?

Just remember, when you're fighting for your life, sometimes you have to take handouts from whomever is offering, no matter their morals or reasons. Its not like the French who aided us were pro-democracy types interested in helping the colonists out. They just wanted, basicaly, their pound of flesh from England. Would we be willing to ally with a similar group? Even if it ment hooking up with conventional/ traditional enemies of the US? (The enemy of my enemy is my friend?)

How far are you willing to go to keep liberty and freedom alive in this world? In this land?

There. That aught to be enough to raise a ruckus that'll last for a bit.

G'night all. One last day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
You better be thinking about what you post pal....

You belong to Uncle Sugar now!, Nothing like a little visit to the CO's Office to be asked by a couple of monkeys in suites why you are on the internet trying to cause a Upriseing in the people against our government!, YOUR COMMANDER AND CHIEF!...That is a disrespect to your chain of command!...I guess We will be seeing you goto Ft. Levenworth right out of basic (maybe we wont, they dont have to give terrorists rights anymore)

Now my shoulders hurt from sturring this pot [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:19:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh I like laying it on thick. :) Thanks for the help.

My wording is strictly hypothetical. There is nothing I've said that says I want to overthrow the government, I simply was asking how many people would be willing to put the effort into revolution today that makes owning all of these WTSHTF guns worth it?

Remember, the 2nd Amendment, as we see it, basicaly asks the above question I just asked you.

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, you don't have to say anything!...If you simply think it...It is good enough for the Dept of Homeland Defence to come get you!....And anyway why are you trying to pull us in now? You get YOUR VERY OWN set of jack boots in a few days!

How do I know that you are not going to comeover and put those new boots to my face when Gary Loch tells you to? [BD]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Rebel, Take care, be safe, and remember op-sec......  [:D]   Oh, and Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Hi, I'm from the BATF and I've got a few questions for you...
Wouldn't that suck.

Remember the recent kids movie "Lay-Low and Stitch."
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like an ass-web wet dream.  A few folks think that they would love something like this to happen; it makes them feel tough to talk about it.  moreover, they begin to invent conspiracies and wrongs so that they think their fantasy is coming true.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top