Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 9:45:44 PM EDT
In the last episode (the two-hour premire), in the scene where Mal and Zoe try to pay off the old lady out in the boonies, Jayne sneaks up om a sniper, takes him out, then uses the rifle to support Mal and Zoe when the exchange turns into a shoot-out...what kind of gun was the sniper rifle Jane appropriated? It looked like some kind of .50 cal...

Other good parts of the episode:
The opening battle scene from the Revolt (LOVE the G-36's!)...
Mal, Zoe, and Jayne discussing the terrain and tactics before the above pay-off scene...
The incredibly non-PC Jayne at the dinner table (who else on TV casually discusses masterbation and Gynocologists?)...
The dinner table scene: Book asks if anybody objects to him saying Grace; Mal says: "Only if you say it out loud"...remember, during the Revolt scene six years before, Mal kisses his Cross before he goes into battle...
The Federal Agent holding Kaylee as a human sheild; Mal walks in on the scene and without hesitation pulls out his gun and blows him away...

Too much good stuff!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The show's been cancelled — Thanks for reminding me. You're really bummin' me out, man!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Cancelled!  Damn!  First "Farscape" now "Firefly"?  If FOX has any sence, they would pick up Farscape from the Scifi Channel.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the rifle was a Blaser .308. Saw its twin in a gun shop last year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cancelled!  Damn!  First "Farscape" now "Firefly"?  If FOX has any sence, they would pick up Farscape from the Scifi Channel.

Vulcan94
View Quote
I don't think so.  From what I understand, SciFi isn't willing to sell the rights to the first four seasons, and without those, there is no incentive to pick up [i]Farscape[/i].  [pissed]

I've only seen one episode of [i]Firefly[/i] - I think that SciFi ought to pick [b]it[/b] up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://www.fireflyfans.net/newsimages/baldwin_rifle.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.fireflyfans.net/newsimages/blaser.jpg[/img]
Quoted:
I've only seen one episode of [i]Firefly[/i] - I think that SciFi ought to pick [b]it[/b] up.
View Quote

I think that the current campaign to save [i]Firefly[/i] is towards UPN. From what I've heard the owners of SciFi are trying to get away from "space" shows. I don't have cable so I don't know for sure. I do hope that someone picks up [i]Firefly[/i], its the first show in a long time that I've gotten into.

[url]http://www.fireflysupport.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Moose! Effing neat gun, eh!
As far as the owners of the Sci-fi channel wanting to get away from "space" shows, what kind of effing sense does that make? What kind of cheap crap will they put in its place? More Seaquest or Quantum Leap re-runs? I am very angry now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top