Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 8:47:32 PM EDT
A bunch of guys are getting geared up to start playing paintball again and I'm stoked.  I sold all my gear a while back and had to buy everything all over again.  I went from a custom $1400 cocker to a Airgun Designs Minimag [:(].  

Its a good way to get out and release some agression.  Besides, its the only time that I can shoot my manager and get away with it.

[img]http://www.cheyennepaintball.com/images/markers/scott/DSC00496.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice setup. You have good taste. I used to play, but I had to sell my equipment to pay the bills. Times are tough.

I love the game. Big adrenaline rush. I'll start playing agian one of these days.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
AGD makes great guns, I started with an Automag and have worked up to my current Emag, with a 4500 114 cu Nitro Duck...setup weighs a bit but is more than worth the extra weight.  We mostly play in the woods or an abandon warehouse, and for a bunch of high school kids arnt that bad at room clearing....its a nice change from speedball..
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AGD makes great guns, I started with an Automag and have worked up to my current Emag, with a 4500 114 cu Nitro Duck...setup weighs a bit but is more than worth the extra weight.  We mostly play in the woods or an abandon warehouse, and for a bunch of high school kids arnt that bad at room clearing....its a nice change from speedball..
View Quote

I'd love a SFL Emag!  Those puppies are sweet! Do you have the LVL10 in your emag?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont have a level 10 in there yet, but from what I hear and read its worth what it costs. My mag is mostly stock, its a low number gun, serial in the 300's somewhere,(yeah, im too lazy to get up and go look)  so I dont think it carrys the upgrades or improvements (if any) the later mags came with, but its still the best pbgun I've had yet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://carter.ath.cx/Misc.%20Music%20Hosting/dairus/99cocker.jpg[/img]
I play. :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are a couple of my old cocker
[img]http://cheyennepaintball.com/images/66203.jpg[/img]
[img]http://cheyennepaintball.com/images/66204.jpg[/img]

Most parts are AKALMP.  All milling was done by JMJ Concepts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh man...I gotta show you guys mine...custom camo on a cheap Stingray II...but the camo is nice....
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Love playing paintball. I have a Tippman Pro-carbine with a Smart Parts Tear Drop 12" barrel and a VT Revolution 12Volt Hopper. Looking to get a M4 Type stock and put my 20oz tank in a pouch on my back. It shoots good enough for my tastes, and I don't think I need a fancy expensive paintball gun-I'd prefer to spend the money on REAL guns. But then I don't have a lot of money to through around either, so my spending is a little more stringent.

I try to go every few months.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Heres my crapola paintball gun con camo: [img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3332[/img] It's a horrible picture and all, but you can kinda make out the camo....
It's done with burlap, hot glue, and various hobbyist's paints. If anyone within driving distance of SE OH wants me to do one for them, I'll just charge, say, $10 or so for materials. No guarantees.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:10:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Pro-Carbine with (Boomstick?) bbl, I think. It's been a year since I played.

I started playing in '88, back when Splatmasters were the rage. I had two of them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I recently sold my Defiant... Had to get away from tournaments, they suck. Going this Saturday to play my first rec ball game in 4 years and my first paintball game of any kind in 1 1/2 years. For my gun, also a mag, but I plan on pulling out a vintage gun or two (PMI-1 abd a splatmaster) to rock on all those "pros" out there. Nothing beats the look on a man's face when you shoot him with a ump and he couldn't hit you with his $2000 ++ paint gun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]
What would you guys recommend for a starter setup for under $300? Let's say under $1k for two complete systems.
I haven’t played in about 15yrs, but would like to work my way back into the sport with my son.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Tippman 98 and a blow gun...THAT'S IT!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What would you guys recommend for a starter setup for under $300? Let's say under $1k for two complete systems.
I haven’t played in about 15yrs, but would like to work my way back into the sport with my son.
View Quote

I would start watching
[url]www.ebay.com[/url]
[url]www.pbnation.com[/url]
[url]www.paintballcity.com[/url]
For Airgun Designs Automags.  They can be had anywhere from $100 on up.  They are extremely durable and their customer service is excellent.  Most guns come with stars on the valve.  These stars equal 1 repair from the factory.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#17]
... Nothing beats the look on a man's face when you shoot him with a ump and he couldn't hit you with his $2000 ++ paint gun.
View Quote

[:D] I know the feeling with my $100 Stingray II kit...it's not the price of your gun, it's how you use it. [;)] No comments on my custom camo???
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm about to get back into it. My last rig was a Bushmaster 2000 with a Smart Parts Max-Flo HPA setup. I also had a 2K Cocker with an identical HPA. I sold it all during the 2000 elcetions. I thought Gore might win so I wanted to get an AR (my first at the time) while I still could. My next rig will be either an AKALMP Viking with inexpensive HPA or the new Shocker. The old Shocker is a real gas hog so I want to see how efficient the new one will be before deciding.

Here is the new Shocker.

[img]http://www.smartparts.com/03shocker.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No comments on my custom camo???
View Quote

No offense, but it's kind of hard to make out in your pick. Looks kind of like a gun-shaped blob.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's my Nova 700

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3394[/img]

Accurate, quiet, smooth trigger and is really frugal with the CO2.  All for around $300
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I play a little. I have a Tippmann 98Custom with the R/T trigger, it works pretty good. Its a fun game but I rarely have the time for it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I just bought my first gun, never played before. I bought a 68 classic automag. Previous owner customed it a little, not to much but just right. I want to add a stock of some type, maybe if I can find a kit to install an AR type tele-stock. Any suggestions for this gun? I would like an adjustable electric grip for full-auto and to adjust the rate of fire, is one available for the classics?

[IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p090eac5443bceb9beabdcd369f247fe3/fcdc51f2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p36d800bd138e7826f695dde61d1f14b8/fcdc51f6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/pc97b6f7a8b36a05346bdbf79d885399d/fcdc51f9.jpg[/IMG]

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#23]
you don't have to buy an expensive paintball gun, paintballs are what .68 caliber? Three or four could easily fit in a 12 gauge shell. With proper wadding and a low powder charge youd be good to go.

:)

You could introduce your friends to the "Boom-rakka-chikky-boom" dance :) and really leave a welt :)

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are good values to be had in Tippmanns and Spyders, they make great starter guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would like an adjustable electric grip for full-auto and to adjust the rate of fire, is one available for the classics?
SorryOciffer
View Quote

[url]http://www.centerflagproducts.com/products/hyperframes/triggers.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I've been getting into airsoft lately, beats the pants off paintball IMO.  I don't care for the whole "Xtreme Sport" aspect of paintball.  And the goofy spaceguns just ruins it for me.  Good quality airsoft stuff is awesome, realistic weapons, realistic mag changes, etc.  I play with about 6 other people right now, tons of fun.  There is also a airsoft shop nearby that organizes alot of larger games...
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I would like to try that but Airsoft is not popular in my area, only now is a paintball leaque getting set up.

I chose my gun because it looks more like a real gun than many of the "space gun" lookalikes.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have experience with the paint ball guns that look like an M4?  I really hate the goofy looking paint guns and I would like one with a stock.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Crap!, that grip frame is more than I paid for my set up! Well, at least without it I wont blow as much paint....
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Stick with the non electro frames.  They are hard to setup and hard on the gun.  Your mag looks good!
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks Schap, I think I found a decent side folder stock for it. I really like the rear slinky adapter, it'll let me keep the bottle on my hip in a holster than slung under the gun. The only downside to the slinky is that I cannot put on the rear velocity adjusting knob there now. You can pick up used automag setups on Ebay quite reasonable with everything needed to shoot. I got everything in my pics for $270 shipped and its the cats ass.

For other automag owners go to, [URL]www.automags.org[/URL]

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

There are good values to be had in Tippmanns and Spyders, they make great starter guns.
View Quote

My entry marker and current still is the Spyder TL+, btw you will find there is a good bit of playful animosity between Spyder and Tippman owners just as AR and AK owners have ;)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#33]
[url=www.pbnation.com]PBNation[/url] is a good forum to read for PB info.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thanks Schap, I think I found a decent side folder stock for it. I really like the rear slinky adapter, it'll let me keep the bottle on my hip in a holster than slung under the gun. The only downside to the slinky is that I cannot put on the rear velocity adjusting knob there now. You can pick up used automag setups on Ebay quite reasonable with everything needed to shoot. I got everything in my pics for $270 shipped and its the cats ass.

For other automag owners go to, [URL]www.automags.org[/URL]

SorryOciffer
View Quote

I think I would remove the remote from the back and install it into the right side of the valve. Other wise you have no control over your velocity.  We always chrono all the guns before someone is allowed to play rec ball with us.  We have our own site if you are interested. [url]www.cheyennepaintball.com[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I almost wonder if the velocity is controlled by how far the remote is screwed into the valve.  Thats weird though because usually the remote threads are coarse and the velocity adjuster threads are fine.  Could you take a close up pic for me?  You've got me wondering.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#36]
SorryOciffer, one more thing.  If you goto [url]www.airgun.com[/url] and register your gun you can get the maintenance video if you pay the shipping which is like $5.  Its actually a really good video.  They just bill you for it.

Also make sure you contact AGD and ask about any updates.  They upgrade any level 5 or 6 gun to level 7 for free.  The level seven upgrade will enlarge your air chamber allowing you to run at a lower air pressure.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone is interested I have a couple P-ball guns that I might sell. 2 Classic Auto Mags with Co2 setup, 1 Mini Mag with raptor nitro system and 1 classic F1 illustrator in a factory custom urban camo.  The F1 is in need of a good rebuild and is really not a good play gun it's more of a collector item.

Email for more info, pictures, etc.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Schap, how do I tell what level my gun is? I'll get ya a pic when I get my camera from my parents.

I am a bit confused with the low pressure thing, I know low pressure is easier on the gun but what other benefits are there? Will I get the same number of shots from a tank? It has a foamy-less bolt in it know to help deal with CO2.

Thanks,
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've been getting into airsoft lately, beats the pants off paintball IMO.  I don't care for the whole "Xtreme Sport" aspect of paintball.  And the goofy spaceguns just ruins it for me.  Good quality airsoft stuff is awesome, realistic weapons, realistic mag changes, etc.  I play with about 6 other people right now, tons of fun.  There is also a airsoft shop nearby that organizes alot of larger games...
View Quote

amen to that. i dont have airsoft (yet) but im getting quite sick of some of the stuff going on in the paintball world. if they wanted, the paintball makers could produce some awsome realistic stuff (mag fed m4, stuff like that) but since that would be unPC, they crank out these newer monstronsties that look like a clown puked on them. it still possible to play a good milsim game with a good group of guys, but other than the guys i used to play with it seems everywhere i look all the paintballers i find are a bunch of rich kid fucks with $3000 setups. the whole "extreme sport" thing has taken over.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I know what you mean. Paintball for the most part has gone to shit with "speedball" REAL paintball is the rec games played in the woods or the scenario games that runa couple of hours and use real skill and tactics. Any pussy can buy the latest gun and accessories but not know shit about the best way to use them.

Some of the big scenario games like the recent William Shatner Star trek one were cool as hell. They used tanks made from argo 6x6 and 8x8s, ATVs garden tractors etc as well as paintball rocket launchers and mines. Cool as hell

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#41]
yah ociffer, i would like to go to a big 24 hr scenaro game, but its so expensive with travle (not many in NW iowa) i just cant hack it. thats another appeal of airsoft for me. 5000 bbs are like 12$. 5000 quality, workable paitballs would cost... well, around here good paint (nelsplat) can be had for about 45$ per 2000 i think, so you do the math.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone have experience with the paint ball guns that look like an M4?  I really hate the goofy looking paint guns and I would like one with a stock.
View Quote

if your talking about the one in sportmans guide, i dont know, but i wouldnt buy it. that design on paintball gun can be finnicy, and thats a no name brand stack designed marker (like spyders) with lots of cosmetic stuff piled on. its also hard to use a stock. imagin trying to sight down hte barrel with a bulky mask on. if you want realism thier are only a few options, and your going to pay. the AT series are cool, expensive, and require alot of maintnance.

[url]http://www.rustyspaintballgear.com/[/url] has some incredable stuff, but its pricey. (check this link out, some of the paintball guns will blow your gord)

i used to know a good alt/rec paitnball forum, but its turned alot to speedball.
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

if your talking about the one in sportmans guide, i dont know, but i wouldnt buy it. that design on paintball gun can be finnicy, and thats a no name brand stack designed marker (like spyders) with lots of cosmetic stuff piled on. its also hard to use a stock. imagin trying to sight down hte barrel with a bulky mask on. if you want realism thier are only a few options, and your going to pay. the AT series are cool, expensive, and require alot of maintnance.

[url]http://www.rustyspaintballgear.com/[/url] has some incredable stuff, but its pricey. (check this link out, some of the paintball guns will blow your gord)

i used to know a good alt/rec paitnball forum, but its turned alot to speedball.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top