Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 2:15:41 PM EDT
What's the legality issues of mounting a shotgun under-barreled of your ar15? Can I do it? Or are the consequences equal to finding a boyfriend named Bubba?

-UHLEK-
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not come across any.

If the shotgun barrel is less than 18", you will have to do the neccesary NFA paperwork on the shotgun alone.

If you dont mind an "out of place" (18" +)looking implement hanging under your gun, you should be legal.

As far as attaching it to a postban, I dont think "shotgun" is listed under the banned items.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As far as attaching it to a postban, I dont think "shotgun" is listed under the banned items.[:D]
View Quote

Not yet anyway! That'd be pretty sweet just for the cool factor. Instead of a 203 12 slugs or 00 buck. The question can you make an adapter (it can be done) or would you have someone else do it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't do it in Washington State unless you want a full length shotgun mounted under your AR15.

"Short-barreled shotgun. A shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length, and any weapon made from a shotgun, whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise, if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches."

Washington State does not allow Short Barreled Shotguns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking 20" A2 upper, and cut holes in the handguards. then using two of these light mounts I have come across and mount it barrel to barrel. Makeing sure that the shotgun was far enough back to use the mag well as the grip as I would take the regular grip off.

Basically do the same thing as the 203, but with a shotgun instead.

So would there be any paperwork involved? Would I have to register it as an AOW with the Butthole And Tongue Fraternity?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember seeing ads for the parts to make these things in the back of gun rags years ago. a 10 on the cool scale, the ultimate AR-15 add-on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top