Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 12:35:02 PM EDT
Its a fake article from The Onion (a satrical webzine you've probably heard of).

It's their original piece on the Bush inauguration, from Jan 18 2001, and it's eerie how the article compares with whats going on after two years.  I'm not a liberal, but that doesn't make it any less funny...or scary.

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3701/bush_nightmare.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What peace?  Do you consider 8 years of letting our enemies stick it up our collective asses as "peace"?  Where we are not is not the fault of Bush.  We were being targeted by Muslims, Iraq and North Korea LONG before Bush was even on the radar, and Clinton did NOTHING>

What prosperity?  Do you mean the prosperity created by independent businessman, with no help (but much interference) from our government masters?  Can anyone really, in good faith, make the case that Bush is responsible for Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, et al?  They tried, and last month's elections showed how well that worked.

I like the Onion.  I've been reading it for years.  But humor lies in the revelation of certain truths.  And nothing is more true thant he left's belief that Republicans are responsible for war and poverty.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
How can Bush be responsible for a recession that started before he took office?

Oh yea, but I forgot he did help those Arabs fly those planes into the World Trade Centers, that is his fault tooooo ... scary ain't it.

The Onion can be awful funny at times.

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3110/petacommandos.html[/url]

[url]http://www.theonion.com/onion3641/bush_executes_democrats.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What peace?  Do you consider 8 years of letting our enemies stick it up our collective asses as "peace"?  Where we are not is not the fault of Bush.  We were being targeted by Muslims, Iraq and North Korea LONG before Bush was even on the radar, and Clinton did NOTHING>
View Quote

Correct, but it also misses a point. Clinton had 3 wars, I believe: Somalia, Bosnia, Iraq 98. You know how those turned out. Compare to Iraq 91. The Democrats wage even more war, and they aren't very good at it either.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
How can Bush be responsible for a recession that started before he took office?
View Quote

I know, I know, Bush did NOT start the recession!  But why shouldn't we hold him responsible for what he HASEN'T done about it??  

Besides, the article sites that theres already a resession going on - not that you should be so sensitive to serious critism of Bush that you'd go looking for it, especially in a humorous article.  

Anyway, I just thought it was a weird and funny article given whats actually turned out.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct, but it also misses a point. Clinton had 3 wars, I believe: Somalia, Bosnia, Iraq 98. You know how those turned out. Compare to Iraq 91. The Democrats wage even more war, and they aren't very good at it either.
View Quote

Maybe I'm being anal here, but the Civil War - that was a war...WW1 was a war...WW2 was also a war...Korea was a war...Vietnam was a war.  

Somalia, Bosnia, and Iraq '98 were not wars as far as the US was involved.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
you guys......

chill out!

its THE ONION for chrissakes!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top