Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
So my place of work is down an employee as of 10 am today.  Dont know if he was fired or quit.  There was an incident involving drinking on the job, and harrasment of another employee.  Other than the person being harrassee(is that a word?) I was the only witness, and laid it all out as to both what happend at that particular time, but also all the other illegal/shady things the guy had done in the entire time I have been employed at this place.  This person and I have had major problems in the past.  Im expecing trouble, but until the guy commits an overt act that is threatning, Im up shit creek!!!!!  Im worried, he knows where I live ect.  Cant get a restraining order, Its friggen NY so will be awhile till I even know people long enough to apply for a pistol permit.  I really hope you guys dont read about me in the paper in the next couple days.  

OK, just had to get that off my chest!

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always "strike first".......
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Who needs a pistol permit?

You're allowed to wander around with a (cased) rifle. Theoretically, you can just strap an AK to your back and wander around town; it's all perfectly legal. (With no magazine in it, of course)

So, just plop a nice 12 ga, or something appropriate evil-looking, into a duffel bag...and bring it everywhere :)

Of course, this could lead to some interesting questions from police officers, should you ever get pulled over or otherwise detained...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If I had a handgun and I thought there was a reasonable chance that I would be attacked, I would carry it anyway, pistol permits be damned. Realistically, what are the chances of you getting caught, and I'd rather get in trouble with the law than get injured or killed any day.

If you lived in Texas you could just carry around a duffle bag of machineguns. [:D]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=952[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Did no one watch "Office Space"? Fire people on [b]FRIDAY[/b]!!!!!

Scott

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
just don't use an illegal .22 pistol.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Does this guy have an immediate family (wife & kid).  That may force him to be a bit more stable than going postal.  Also, has he ever made any threats to anyone or talked about workplace violence?  People who commit acts of workplace violence generally verbalize it, but not one listens.  

Figure out several escape routes.  Vary your routine with respects to parking or commuting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
If I had a dollar for every time someone said they would kick my ass after work because I fired them I probably still wouldn't have shit.

Anyway,  I've heard it many times before and will hear it again.  Hell I had one guy who said he was going to climb the water tower across the street and shoot me with his '06!  Mostly empty threats though.  Watch your back 'cause you never know what some people will do.  If the guy was a shady as you said, sooner or later he'd have gotten caught anyway.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
OK so made it thru the day.  Was a strange dance so to speak.  I had to inventory his gear as he turned it in, but couldnt be in the room with him(Bosses orders)  So he would bring in a load of stuff, leave it in the conf room, depart the AO and I would then Come in and pick it up and inventory it.  Im leaving this job myself in about 19 days, so just have to make it thru that and hope that his boasting about connections to the warrior society on the rez im moving outside of are a bunch of BS.  Thanks for all the kind words and offers of support from the members I truly hope and wish that I dont need any of them.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So my place of work is down an employee as of 10 am today.  Dont know if he was fired or quit.  There was an incident involving drinking on the job, and harrasment of another employee.  Other than the person being harrassee(is that a word?) I was the only witness, and laid it all out as to both what happend at that particular time, but also all the other illegal/shady things the guy had done in the entire time I have been employed at this place.  This person and I have had major problems in the past.  Im expecing trouble, but until the guy commits an overt act that is threatning, Im up shit creek!!!!!  Im worried, he knows where I live ect.  Cant get a restraining order, Its friggen NY so will be awhile till I even know people long enough to apply for a pistol permit.  I really hope you guys dont read about me in the paper in the next couple days.  

OK, just had to get that off my chest!

View Quote

I have the same thing facing me today.
AB
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top