Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2002 8:14:05 AM EDT
I hear ALOT of talk about how much ammo and how many mags to keep around for SHTF but I've yet to hear any talk of how much food and more importantly water to keep on hand.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I always try to pick up a few extra packs of beef jerky/energy bars/granola bars when on sale or from the "membership" warehouses. They keep forever and are high in protein/carbo's. Lots of salt though. I have several cases of bottled water ready to go at all times. But this is a limited supply, I could probably get by for a month. I feel like I could find a place to restock by then. If not, well it's worse than I thought.

What do the rest of you do?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Just eat what you kill with all that ammo! Including [b]PEOPLE[/b]! Drink their blood to quench yer thirst!
[}:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Get a food dehydrator. Make your own dried meats & fruits. Get a vacuum sealer to seal them up in.
If long storage - throw a small desi-pack in before you seal to stop mildew.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What do the rest of you do?
View Quote

I've already bugged out!       [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy the best portable filtration system that you can afford . Keep iodine and extra filter and spare parts with it. This makes me happy

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
BTW, I saw the other day that the Red Cross was recommending that people keep a disaster prepardness kit around the house. They recommended three day's food, one gallon of water per person per day, and a first aid kit.

The Red Cross will shortly collapse in endless debates about the contents of the bug-out bag.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top