Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 11:04:30 PM EDT
It's a Radio Shack brand Pro-51 radio scanner. The problem with it is that it will not pick up any frequencies if the batteries are fresh. The batteries must be about dead. The low battery warning light has to be flashing before it will pick up any channels. I have to run the battery down with a flashlight then put them in the scanner. I guess some sort of voltage regulator must be out. Anyone know how to check this and fix this. I would like to fix it myself. But I'm about as scared to fix it myself as I'm afraid some local electronics guy will screw it up. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know.

My RS scanner has a broken LCD, so I can't see the freaks I try to put in. Can I get input on that, too? Don't want to crash your thread. Just thought it is kind of related.....

Scott

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top