Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 9:26:27 PM EDT
BOHICA

[url]www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/1202/30reparations.html[/url]

I just hope I can get some cash from this. Some of my ancestors were Welsh indentured servants which were white slaves. Ya think these people would help a brutha?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Think I could file a suit against the British? I'm sure I can prove some relationship to a few of the so-called Hessians who have been sold to the British crown to fight against the Continental army.
And while I'm at it, I'm pretty certain I'm the descendant of Germanic tribesmen who have been slaves to Rome.

Edited to add:

[i]In 1988, the U.S. government paid $20,000 each to 82,000 Japanese-Americans interned during World War II.
[/i]

And what about the German-Americans that suffered the same fate?
I'm rich, rich!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#2]
She cares for only one thing MONEY. She lives well. She just wants to feed off the taxpayers and the GOVERMENT . She's a Leech. Nothing more .Nothing less. WD
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
[V]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 3:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
If they stand by their statement that they are suing on behalf of all black Americans, then all of the companies being sued need to announce that if they continue with the lawsuit they will have no choice but to fire all black employees due to a conflict of interest until the suit is completed.

Doing this would put them in a lose/lose situation since they have virtually no chance of winning any case because they have no legal standing, no proof, no anything.

Yeah it sucks that their ancestors were slaves and they got beaten and killed, but if you look back far enough just about everybodies ancestors were slaves at some point in time. If you're mad that you don't have any money, or a nice house, then get a fucking job! I work with a ton of black people that went to college and make good money. The only reason anybody else can't do it is because they are lazy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My great grandparents were immigrant plantation workers brought to Hawaii to harvest sugar cane and pineapple.  They were treated like slaves and worked all their lives in slave like conditions.  Since I have a direct line of heritage and their slavery happened less then 100 years ago then I am entitled to millions of dollars in compensation for their inhumane treatment.  (In a less sarcastic tone)  Funny how today it is the decedents of the missionary families that hold the most wealth in Hawaii.  I wonder how that could have happened?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:50:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Harrell-Miller, like most of the plaintiffs in the case, signed onto the lawsuit at a reparations "town hall" [b]meeting organized by [i]Obioha and other lawyers.[/i]

[b]She has no proof her ancestors worked for the named defendants.[/b] [i]But she believes[/i] that she, and all descendants of American slaves, deserve cash payments as reparations.
View Quote

What can we call lawyers who are internet ambulance chasers like this SOB?

I don't want to kill 'em all, but the piranhas of the legal profession need to be stopped. It's already out of hand.

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Let's see now...who is better off?  The descendents of American black slaves or the descendents of African blacks still in Africa?  

Slavery is a bad thing.  But, it was an accepted practice worldwide until it ended in America.  Everyone living in America today should be grateful for whatever their forebears suffered to get them where they are today.  My ancestors were not slave owners and worked as hard or harder than any slave did.

These idiots do nothing but drive a bigger wedge between whites and blacks.  These actions only teach their kids that "whites are really not our friends".
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If they stand by their statement that they are suing on behalf of all black Americans, then all of the companies being sued need to announce that if they continue with the lawsuit they will have no choice but to fire all black employees due to a conflict of interest until the suit is completed.
View Quote

Wow, this would be an eye popping tactic if it was tried and actually allowed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Just another freedloader and parasite....they come in all shapes and colors.....My family has gone from rich to poor to middle class over the last 400 years. Although there are many factors, the biggest one is a strong work ethic or lack thereof. People who want a handout disgust me. Many descendants of slaves or indentured servants have made something big out of their lives - but not from crying over past injustices that had NO effect on their life. The world is an ugly place - hopefully social darwinism will take care of these parasite scum in due time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top