Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 9:09:10 PM EDT
After every show they offer to sell you the "program you just saw" for $20-$30. Do people really buy these? If you have a vcr to watch the video you could just tape the show.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After every show they offer to sell you the "program you just saw" for $20-$30. Do people really buy these? If you have a vcr to watch the video you could just tape the show.
View Quote

If I think it is something I might like to watch again (WINGS, Less-Lethal Weapons, Weapons at War, et cetera) I tape it while I am watching it.

Scott

P.S. WINGS refers to the wonderful show about the history of various types of aircraft, not the crappy "comedy" that used to come on NBC.....

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What would be the point of buying those videos? Even taping the show seems pointless, as often as they are getting repeated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought "Walking with Dinosaurs" on DVD when I found it in the Used DVD section of Planet Music (a large chain-store for music and movies).  It was dirt cheap and it had the "Making of..." along with it on a separate DVD.  I think it was only $10 or $12, and my kids liked it.  Heck, I like it.  But I wouldn't have payed full price that they advertise for.  

There's a couple of other shows that I find interesting that I'd buy if I run across them that a cheaper price.  I suppose I'm just cheap, but having to order a DVD, and then pay top dollar, seems like too much for me to do.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I've purchased before.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:29:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy them because the tapes you get are of a much better quality than the ones you use to record with.  I usually buy through the channell's  catalog for shows that they did not air or offer only as specials.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have the Color of War episode on the P-47 Thunderbolt squads on tape?  It was only aired once that I know of, and contained the sweetest video footage of ground strafing missions I have ever seen.  Chock full of it.  I only caught the last 5 minutes of the show and have been kicking myself for the last few months.  I'd love to get a copy from someone for a small fee if anyone has it...  I'm not freakin paying THC $30 for a one hour tape though...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I did buy from them.
1. the space shuttle (awesome)vhs, wish it was dvd
2. Carrier - Fortress at Sea (for dad)vhs
3. walking with dinos/beasts dvd

awesome quality.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've bought a few, but mainly cause I was in them!!
Normally I just tape the stuff if i like it, then pray for it to be released on DVD

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top