Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2014 5:44:03 PM EDT
New neighbor moved in next door, and he bumps his system pretty much nonstop from about 4PM to 10 or 11PM. It's getting really annoying, and I've decided to ask him to turn it down. What time of day do you all typically make these contacts?

There will be no poll, because regular members have no ability to make them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Never.

MYOB
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
As soon as it bothers you, that's when you knock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Apartments suck.  Get a house out in the country at least a mile away from any neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have a noise ordinance in your town?  If the guy looks like trouble it might be a good idea to let the cops handle it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Retaliate. Play something horrible even louder. Like accordion music.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Bogner Uberschall half-stack, so there's no doubt that I could crush him in a sound war. I just don't want to escalate it to the point where I'm at fault too.

We are moving out at the end of June, so it's not like this will be long-term issue.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]
On the back beat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Leave a note on his door.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Before 8 pm
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ANCPtZZmQWA/S-n8uWJt5kI/AAAAAAAAIAI/r86p_ObpCdU/s1600/myronpolka.jpg

What is wrong with that it is  good music.  I got to meet him at a private Christmas party back in the 60s and he is a nice person.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There will be no poll, because regular members have no ability to make them.
View Quote

I could, at least in the Tech forums.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Ask him what time the breast examinations are on channel 7.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Kick his door in set the fucking stereo on fire eat all of his food then take a dump and bail out a window screaming FUAROCK.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
How about you grow a pair and and stop wringing your hands about the most appropriate time to ask him to exhibit common decency?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Admit it, when you do this you're going to have a massive adrenaline dump .
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What is wrong with r
That is  good music?  I got to meet him at a private Christmas party back in the 60s and he is a nice person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ANCPtZZmQWA/S-n8uWJt5kI/AAAAAAAAIAI/r86p_ObpCdU/s1600/myronpolka.jpg

What is wrong with r
That is  good music?  I got to meet him at a private Christmas party back in the 60s and he is a nice person.

I'm sure Floren and Welk were both great guys and very talented musicians, but neither disco nor polka are anything I listen to (because I don't really like either), and I can't imagine the two combined.  When was the last time you rocked out to disco polkas?

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
10 pm is the law in my city. I'd give it till 10:30 and then ask that they turn it down. Fuck apartment living or close neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kick his door in set the fucking stereo on fire eat all of his food then take a dump and piss on his house to assert your dominance and bail out a window screaming FUAROCK.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Never.

MYOB
View Quote

I'm generally an, "MYOB", kinda person but when it comes to people doing shit that affects my quality of living, I have to diagree. I hate loud bass thumping that I can hear inside my home. I have no problem with loud music that I can hear outside but when bass rattles shit on my wall, I take issue with that. That being said, if you live in apartments, it is hard to not do anything to upset your neighbor from time to time. I'd bring it up in the early evening, like 5 or 6, be nice, explain the situation. They most likley don't even realize it.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Kick his door in set the fucking stereo on fire eat all of his food then take a dump and bail out a window screaming FUAROCK.

View Quote
Piss on his GF just to seal the deal.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kick his door in set the fucking stereo on fire eat all of his food then take a dump and piss on his house to assert your dominance and bail out a window screaming FUAROCK.

FIFY
Damnit beat

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd just deal with it until I moved out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm generally an, "MYOB", kinda person but when it comes to people doing shit that affects my quality of living, I have to diagree. I hate loud bass thumping that I can hear inside my home. I have no problem with loud music that I can hear outside but when bass rattles shit on my wall, I take issue with that. That being said, if you live in apartments, it is hard to not do anything to upset your neighbor from time to time. I'd bring it up in the early evening, like 5 or 6, be nice, explain the situation. They most likley don't even realize it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

MYOB

That guy is a tard. It IS your business as it's affecting you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#25]
crank your shit up even louder so you can't hear his
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Damnit beat

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY
Damnit beat

66 seconds
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

MYOB

It's a fucking joke lighten the fuck up Francis.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#28]
When in doubt, escalate
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Before the music starts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Never.

MYOB
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Neighbor bumps music from 4pm-10/11pm?  

SIMPLE

Find out when neighbor sleeps and bump your music during those hours.  

early morning works best
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Check your city noise laws.
Then call the cops if the noise is objectionable after the noise limit time.
The cops will want to talk to you, so hide your dog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#33]
flip the main breaker outside by the meter.
they will not find it till morning.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Try being nice.  If that doesn't work you call the cops.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Buy a cheap ass tuned cb and antenna.

+1 rubber band

Key the mic with the rubber band and just smoke the radio.

Or, you could key it off and on for a few seconds to fuck with him.

Or you can get the brightest damn porch light money can buy and aim it into his windows. The true arfcom way.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

How about you grow a pair and and stop wringing your hands about the most appropriate time to ask him to exhibit common decency?
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Buy a cheap ass tuned cb and antenna.

+1 rubber band

Key the mic with the rubber band and just smoke the radio.

Or, you could key it off and on for a few seconds to fuck with him.

Or you can get the brightest damn porch light money can buy and aim it into his windows. The true arfcom way.

View Quote

Go on with the first part.  Do you need a speaker? What happens?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Try and find the location of the stereo and fire at least 6rounds of 556 through the wall at it. repeat until you destroy it. he'll get the message
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#39]
If you are the no-confrontation type, report him to the apartment management...  Otherwise, just knock and let him know it is loud.  Guy may not even realize it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Leave your door open while you clean your weapons—all of them.  Let the fucker see what you're doing when he passes by, and that's when you ask him to turn his shit down.

Let me know how it goes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

As soon as it bothers you, that's when you knock.
View Quote
this

I will never live in an apartment/condo situation again,I had numerous up stairs neighbors over a 8yr period but this one stupid bitch that got off work at 2am and loved to listen to ghetto crap music at painful levels just wouldnt get it.

got to a point I would leave my stereo on when I would go to work just loud enough that it would piss with her while she was trying to sleep,it took a couple days and a quick conversation but she finally got it..

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Apartments suck.  Get a house out in the country at least a mile away from any neighbors.
View Quote

This.

I do not miss my apartment-living days.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:22:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I would knock and see if he answers tell him to turn it down, if he refuses call the police. Depending on the property management, if the police get called your probably getting evicted. My property management gives you one chance for the police being called for something stupid, then eviction on the second time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Man the fuck up and have a conversation with him. Record it and post it here so we can hear your voice cracking!

Its amazing how easy things can be done by politely talking to someone. Maybe wait till you see him in a hallway or parking lot and ask him what kind of stereo he has. Tell him about yours, and let him know how thin the walls are.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Why is it always the new neighbor that does this shit?

When I was younger and moved around, I would lay low for a few weeks while getting a feel for my new surroundings.

I never understood the have a party/ be a jerk the first night you move in mentality.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#47]
If we're talking apartments......

Keep in mind it may actually seem LOUDER to you, than him, especially if he has the speakers up against the adjoining wall.
I had neighbors I SWORE were blasting a stereo full blast when we lived in an apartment.
I went over to "introduce" myself, and found them watching TV at moderate volume.

They rearranged the speakers, and voila.

Apartment acoustics are WEIRD.

Still, I would move (and did).

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow, it seems like a lot of GD has a reading comprehension problem. I never said I was deciding whether or not to ask him to turn it down or not, I was just deciding on the time of day. Not that it really matters, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wow, it seems like a lot of GD has a reading comprehension problem. I never said I was deciding whether or not to ask him to turn it down or not, I was just deciding on the time of day. Not that it really matters, I guess.
View Quote

Well then I would go do it after work say 6-8pm, they should still be sober then and the response you receive maybe better. I did this once at 3am when I was trying to sleep and got a bunch of profanity from the upstairs neighbors, the next knock the heard was from the police.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm generally an, "MYOB", kinda person but when it comes to people doing shit that affects my quality of living, I have to diagree. I hate loud bass thumping that I can hear inside my home. I have no problem with loud music that I can hear outside but when bass rattles shit on my wall, I take issue with that. That being said, if you live in apartments, it is hard to not do anything to upset your neighbor from time to time. I'd bring it up in the early evening, like 5 or 6, be nice, explain the situation. They most likley don't even realize it. give a shit.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never.

MYOB

I'm generally an, "MYOB", kinda person but when it comes to people doing shit that affects my quality of living, I have to diagree. I hate loud bass thumping that I can hear inside my home. I have no problem with loud music that I can hear outside but when bass rattles shit on my wall, I take issue with that. That being said, if you live in apartments, it is hard to not do anything to upset your neighbor from time to time. I'd bring it up in the early evening, like 5 or 6, be nice, explain the situation. They most likley don't even realize it. give a shit.  

Fixed it.  I have neighbors of the same type in this shitty townhouse I'm in right now.  Loud fucking music all day and night from their two loser sons, blasting the speakers on their deck when they aren't even out there, etc.  They're just fucking rude obnoxious people and they won't change.  But good luck to ya.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top