Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

is there any way to get one in the US?
View Quote
Goddamnit, Cyril. You're drunk.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guess I'll be the first to ask, why?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
fuck no
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

you maybe the 1st but not the last.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Then you can legally get one of those "SMG" stocks for the glock without SBRing it right?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
fuck no
View Quote

This.  If a 4.5" barrel has 3/8" vertical travel during the cycle how much will a 16" barrel tilt up?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Then you can legally get one of those "SMG" stocks for the glock without SBRing it right?
View Quote

that is the plan, if i can ever get ahold of a barrel. they exist, but i have yet to see one in the US.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I would think the added weight of the barrel would cause too much friction when it unlocks and will malfunction like crazy
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]
No problem.  This one's in 10mm, but they make 9mm and .45 as well.  1911's too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#14]
If this is for an SBR project...I thought of this as well..but then decided that a longer barrel is kinda pointless...yes you get a little more velocity...but accuracy doesn't really improve...it can even be argued that SHORTER barrels (as long as they stabilize the bullet sufficiently) are actually MORE accurate than longer barrels...shorter barrels are stiffer and have less sag to them, and better harmonics.

So if you are going the "SBR" route with the sig brace and a Hera Triarii kit, or a RONI kit...I say just keep the factory 4 or 5 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Glock 10mm SBR- I actually got the stamps and suppressor last week-

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#16]
i am looking for the barrel so i DON'T have to sbr it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
OP, my advice is to save up and buy the MPX pistol when it comes out. IT comes with a arm brace that works just like a stock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP, my advice is to save up and buy the MPX pistol when it comes out. IT comes with a arm brace that works just like a stock.
View Quote

will it take the same magazines as my glock 21?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Glock 10mm SBR- I actually got the stamps and suppressor last week-

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/15B3467E-E876-48E4-AC55-1594A7A53975.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/15B3467E-E876-48E4-AC55-1594A7A53975.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/rccox/media/Guns/2021E991-2666-476F-98F7-474A03972456.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Guns/2021E991-2666-476F-98F7-474A03972456.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it will take better ones, Lancer made

Why limit yourself to glock mags
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Bore or length?  

Need mo Big Mo.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I say get a Hera Triarii kit, and add the Sig Brace...it still isn't an SBR...and is very handy.

Forget the long glock barrel...I would think it may cause reliability issues.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I tried making 16.1" for use with the Roni kit but while I was able to get a design to function well, accuracy was crap. The way the barrel locks up, adding the extra leverage (weight) created very inconsistent grouping. Best I got was in the 4-5" range at 25y.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you married to keeping the Glock upper or is the Mech Tech something that would work?  They aren't SBRs.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i am looking for a light small rifle that uses the same mags, ammo and possibly supressor as my glock 21.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Are you married to keeping the Glock upper or is the Mech Tech something that would work?  They aren't SBRs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

after handeling and shooting a few mech techs, i am not a fan.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:35:59 AM EDT
[#28]

That will cut down on accidental groin and thigh shootings, but knees and feet are still in danger though...
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No problem.  This one's in 10mm, but they make 9mm and .45 as well.  1911's too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/halromberg/temporary_zps73ff0edc.jpg
View Quote

What's the story with those mags?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those are KRISS mags.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Yup.  Kriss makes a kit for the .45.  You have to squish the spring a bit to get it to work with a standard 10mm magazine body, but it works.  Either that or you can mod the feed lips on a .45 stick to grip the smaller rounds (bend em in towards the center) and they'll feed fine too.  IDK if it'll feed with the Glock upper, but the Mech Tech is a big gonzo bolt with a heavy spring.  It'll grab a round out of a black hole if  you put it in front of the thing.

And yeah, the Mech Techs are heavy.  Comes from running a 10mm in a straight blowback.  It needs a BIG chunk of steel for the bolt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#32]
The Kriss mags are pretty easy to convert to 10mm.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#33]
It won't cycle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It won't cycle.
View Quote

What won't cycle?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What won't cycle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It won't cycle.

What won't cycle?

if made correctly, it will cycle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is that and where can I get one?
ETA: Nevermind, that has been bumped up to next on my list, I've had a beat up old glock 22 sitting in my safe for a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ETA: Nevermind, that has been bumped up to next on my list, I've had a beat up old glock 22 sitting in my safe for a while.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heavy, but seriously fun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What won't cycle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It won't cycle.

What won't cycle?

The pistol. The barrel has to tilt to unlock the breech. With that much barrel, there will be too much weight for it to tilt.

That's why suppressors used on Glocks have to be equipped with an LID / Booster to tilt the barrel. I use a non-boosted AAC striker on my Glock 17 and I have to manually cycle it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The pistol. The barrel has to tilt to unlock the breech. With that much barrel, there will be too much weight for it to tilt.

That's why suppressors used on Glocks have to be equipped with an LID / Booster to tilt the barrel. I use a non-boosted AAC striker on my Glock 17 and I have to manually cycle it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It won't cycle.

What won't cycle?

LID Booster.  Is that like a magna port but on the bottom to push the end of the bbl up?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It won't cycle.

What won't cycle?

I use a AAC Tirant on my Glock 20 and haven't had to do anything to it to make it cycle. It's shoots flawlessly with the suppressor on the pistol and as a SBR in my Fab Defense chassis.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

LID Booster.  Is that like a magna port but on the bottom to push the end of the bbl up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It won't cycle.

What won't cycle?

It's a spring system that adds energy to the tilting action (to allow the barrel to tilt up and unlock). Kinda like a spring loaded hammer that hits the barrel muzzle after the round is fired.

Some suppressors have the booster and some do not. This really depends on whether you are working with a fixed or tilting barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top