Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/27/2014 6:30:12 PM EDT
Sorry, botched circumcisions don't count.

Mine is a several inch long scar starting at my left temple and proceeding at more or less a one o'clock direction.  It's kind of faded now.  The corresponding dent in my skull isn't, however.

I got it when I was 5.  It was 1975.  I rode my big wheel out from between two parked cars into traffic. I was hit by a (thankfully) slow moving ford pick up.  Contact point was ford front bumper to my skull.

Runner up is a several inch long burn scar remnant from when I was 8.  I learned the hard way in 1978 that hot muffler pipes and forearms don't mix.

What and where is your earliest?

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't remember anything about it, was less than a year old. Have a silver dollar size scar on right forearm from a tumor that was removed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have the scars on the back of my hand when I was dared to punch through a car window in my mid teens. They're very faint now but I can still find them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
two and half inch scar on my abdomen.  Got it during life saving surgery when I was a newborn. . Pyloricstenosis.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Small scar above my right eye from when I tripped and fell while running and cut my head on a sewer cap as a boy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
1-inch scar above my right eye. I was four, and I jumped off a pool table and hit a coffee table with my head. Explains a lot.

I remember they had to put me in a papoose (kiddie straitjacket) to stitch it up because I was losing my mind.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is on my bottom lip, where I had to get a few stitches to close up where my tooth bit through my lip when my sister tripped me. I was 2 at the time, I've been told, haha.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Catch the light just right and there's a scar about an inch long where my nose and upper lip meet. I apparently was running around when I was a wee lad and tripped and fell..hit my face on a piece of furniture and split my face open.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
two and half inch scar on my abdomen.  Got it during life saving surgery when I was a newborn. . Pyloricstenosis.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's the only one I could find. 160 staples to put my scalp back together after I dumped a tractor off a ravine and it landed on top of me.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Cut my left heel off when I was 5, playing on rolls of tin barefoot.  Yeah, I'm a genius.  Hurt like a motherfucker.  Scar is pretty nasty looking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
11" scar. Right knee, obliterated my ligament slipping on some ice while working on the United terminal at O'Hare Airport just before Christmas in 85. Still have a staple in there that the doc used to splice the ligament.

Since then I've had both knees operated on arthroscopically and had both knees replaced because of HS football and construction injuries.

Buried a machete a quarter of an inch in my right foot while cutting brush.

Small triangular scar just under my lip where my sister threw a rock at me when I was 7 or 8.

Almost forgot, got the tip of my right little finger nearly crushed off in a door when I was about 12, and my right thumb caught in a wind shield wiper, lost the nail, but it grew back crooked.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Two inch long scar on the back of my wrist/forearm, got stepped in the middle of a rugby match.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I was about 7, picked up a broken pop bottle and gave it a toss. My middle and ring fingers of my right hand were bleeding, the middle finger was sliced open bad.
The end joint of my middle finger does not work to this day and its smooth from about the middle knuckle up. No wrinkles, creases, etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Jumping up and down on the bed when I was three and fell backwards.

My hand went into a 26-inch window fan.  Severed where the line shows...  Re-attached by Dr. Henry Meyers.

In 1964.  At the local hospital.  Nerves, tendons, ligaments.  In surgery five hours.  Grafted skin off my left leg.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got one from half a dozen or so stitches when I was 3 (I think)   Glass table vs eyebrow.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Dog bite.  
DOG.
5 years old.
53 years ago...!!!...

DOG'S DEAD.  
I'm NOT.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a pretty cool scar on my foot from getting it stuck in a broken rung in one side of a wooden baby crib, so that fucker is around 46 years old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an 8" long scar on my left forearm from a double compound fracture of my radius and ulna. Also a 4" x4" scar on my thigh from the required skin graft to reconstruct my arm over the course of five operations. Almost had to be amputated at the elbow.

I was a skinny f**k of a 10 year old kid and fell off a swing set five feet down to the ground with my body parallel to the ground. My flailing left arm hit a step stool we were jumping off of and it snapped like a twig. I got the wind knocked out of me and I remember looking at my arm in the shape of a question mark. I still have the screws and plates that were used to bolt my arm back together.

Sadly I've broken seven more bones since then
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My hand went into a 26-inch window fan.  Severed where the line shows...  Re-attached by Dr. Henry Meyers.

In 1964.  At the local hospital.  Nerves, tendons, ligaments.  In surgery five hours.  Grafted skin off my left leg.

http://www.fototime.com/BBC5482764D93DB/medium800.jpg

View Quote

So, how do them booger hooks work now?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I was 9-15 months old.  Mom cut me loose to run to Dad on the linoleum kitchen floor she'd just mopped

Ended up skidding along and my forehead hit the corner of the kitchen wall giving me a nice gash.  Mom and Dad had to take me to the hospital for stitches and I bear the scar, mental and physical, to this day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#23]
My older brother locked me out of the house and was pressing his nose against the window  teasing me. I punched through the window and bloodied his nose but tore up my hand.

I was seven at the time and he was twelve, that makes the scar fifty six years old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's the only one I could find. 160 staples to put my scalp back together after I dumped a tractor off a ravine and it landed on top of me.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx149/sconnieVLP/scar1_zpsf3a0ce1c.jpg
View Quote

holy shit!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Scar on my middle finger from when I was 6
Got caught in a door and chopped the top off from the nail bed up.
Reattached and it stayed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#26]
while mine was not quite as bad as tractor boy I got my head bashed by a sizable rock at my 3rd birthday party
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.fototime.com/BBC5482764D93DB/medium800.jpg

Even better!  The two that lost the most are fused at the first joint.

I told people in High School that they got chopped off in a snappin' pussy.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not all that impressive, but I still have a scar on my forehead from running headlong into the corner of a fireplace when I was 2-3.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#29]
5ish. I fell while climbing a chain link fence right at the top, the exposed wire top caught me right in the side of my stomach and ripped a huge gash open as all of my body weight fell on it. Was not fun lifting myself back off that when I got my feet back in the fence holes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Burn scar on my left hand third finger.  From a fire experiment when I was about 10.

A drip of burning melted polyester or nylon from a burning rag stuck there.  That's what happens when you wave a stick around with burning, dripping plastic fiber on it.  Was fun until it wasn't.

I left the melted plastic adhered to my finger, managed to keep it from the parents and never actually got caught.  Didn't get an infection somehow.  

But damn, did it hurt.

Scar is still faintly visible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
11' scar. Right knee, obliterated my ligament slipping on some ice while working on the United terminal at O'Hare Airport just before Christmas in 85. Still have a staple in there that the doc used to splice the ligament.

Since then I've had both knees operated on arthroscopically and had both knees replaced because of HS football and construction injuries.

Almost forgot, got the tip of my right little finger nearly crushed off in a door when I was about 12, and my right thumb caught in a wind shield wiper, lost the nail, but it grew back crooked.
View Quote

fuckin' A!  An eleven foot long scar?  How tall are you?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#32]
spot on the back of knee where a pit bull took a plug out of my leg.

almost out ran him on bike when he lunged forward and took a 1 inch wide section of skin
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#33]
5 years old.

Scar on the bridge of my nose.

I was jumping on my brother's bed and doing belly flops and bouncing back up on my feet. My brother had a bookcase headboard and I pressed my luck a little to long and cracked my nose open when I overshot my landing. Blood went everywhere, it was a complete gusher. My Dad was a volunteer firefighter so when our address went out over the radio half the town ended up in our kitchen.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11" scar. Right knee, obliterated my ligament slipping on some ice while working on the United terminal at O'Hare Airport just before Christmas in 85. Still have a staple in there that the doc used to splice the ligament.

Funny you knew what I meant.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Two inch scar on bottom of left foot. Running in the yard barefooted and stepped on a busted pop bottle. The year was 1970 and I was 5 yr. old.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#36]

I got hit in the forehead by a boomerang when I was a kid.

This was a little over 20 years ago, still have the  scar.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I was 7 years old, so 1977. Dad was cutting a tree down and left the chainsaw on the ground. Tripped and put my right calf onto the chain, ripped a nice 2 inch slash. Had a few stitches put in. Still see the scar.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

while mine was not quite as bad as tractor boy I got my head bashed by a sizable rock at my 3rd birthday party
View Quote
I had a kids hockey stick broke over my head when I was 3 by the neighborhood bully.  No marks that I'm aware of but my dad almost went to jail over how he dealt with the kid's father.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I got hit in the forehead by a boomerang when I was a kid.

This was a little over 20 years ago, still have the  scar.

View Quote
I saw your movie.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#40]
i was in 5th grade.

parents were out in town in Vegas for the week so i was staying at my best friends for the time and my little brother tagged along. in my friends room he had a bunk bed setup that took up most the room.

i had top bunk, and in the middle of the night my younger brother had a bad dream. he shook me until he woke me up and i startled and sat up fast.

didn't notice the metal fan until it was too late. really bad bed placement on their part. the fan blade sliced through my forehead literally spraying blood everywhere. after a few minutes i was drenched head to toe.

my friend wouldn't sleep in that room anymore because it looked like a murder room.

the mom was afraid to get in trouble with my parents so she didnt take me to a hospital, instead used a butterfly bandage.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#41]
1/2in long scar on my left index finger from an exacto knife cutting model parts from runners shen I was 7or8

3in scar on the back of my head from an ashtray or bottle received at the "Humdinger a gogo" in fullerton Cal,having stupid friends has consequences

numerous other scars/burns from god knows what
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a scar on my pinkie from screwing around with my Leatherman when I was in 5th grade.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Scar on my left thumb from a pocket knife folding up on it and cutting it pretty bad in about 1959.  I think I was whittling a boat or something.  I was about 8.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Clever way to further verify the identity of the posters here.
I am not here..
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#45]
An inch and a half scar in the web between my thumb and index finger and a half inch by half inch cross on my other hand between index and middle fingers from digging through the garbage after my brother told me my mom threw away all my toys. Apparently I came out with hands full of broken glass. I was about three.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I have a 1/2"x1/4" oval shaped scar on my right knee from age 6 or so. I was running through the kitchen, tripped or slipped, and managed to ram my knee into the head of the slightly raised door hinge pin on the basement door.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Sex change operation
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Pencil lead in my right thumb after a classmate stabbed me in first grade.  47 years later and still there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Let's see, oldest scar would be on my knee from back in 1972.
I was riding my bicycle back home from an A&W, but I was riding "no hands" and drinking a rootbeer.
While my head was tipped back drinking, I ran my bike into one of those sharp door handles on a parked car.
I crashed hard, the car was fine, but the door handle ripped my knee open to the bone.
Took stitches and and many months before I was "normal".
I still carry a very deep scar on my right knee, but no residual effects.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Scar on my forehead above my right eye from when my older brother hit me in the head during a rock fight he was having with a neighbor kid. I was hiding behind a trash can and popped up for a look when a rock glanced off the can and beaned my head. Took 7 stitches. That was in 1975.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top